Where vampires actually came from

Also, I’m on board with @UnseelieDiabolus and @DarkestKnight, this sounds very roleplay-ish. Yes, stories of vampires have existed since ancient times, but it wasn’t until Bram Stoker came along that really popularized the whole “dark mysterious individual that drinks blood”. Usually people who claim they are vampires and drink blood are normally roleplaying or are confused.

Now, if we’re talking about energy vampires, that’s a different story. Yeah, it doesn’t sound as edgy or cool as vampires that feast on blood, but it’s a thing.

1 Like

:thinking:

Interesting scholarship there to tolerate such sloppy use of words. Is there an explanation for it?

Of note, that Hollywood & media has run a 70+ year long PR job to take vampires from their former status as loathsome parasites, shunned, pitied, and feared, to being charismatic bad guys, and now, romantic figures of lust.

Pretty weird when you think about all the centuries of human lore, from multiple different cultures, treating them like odious leeches who bring nothing but suffering and loss.

Even weirder when a lot of that lore states that a person must voluntarily invite the vampire into their lives. I do not consent to this.

And I do not believe every generation until Bella Swan and her weird stalkery sparkleboi was just somehow stupid and wrong. :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

Same.

I mean, this is a being whose only goal is to drink all of your blood. Why the shit would you invite it into your home? That’s like offering an obvious mass murderer a ride.

2 Likes

Since I like to play with words, it’s like a non-consensual incentive, a Catch 22 moment you can’t undone. It also plays with consent and victimblaming. Guess who’s got away with it? The vampire, of course. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Yes! And it’s a key feature of parasites that they’ll do anything that weakens their host to make them easier prey, the toxoplasmosis parasite for example makes mice suicidally unafraid of cats, so the parasite within the mouse can get inside the more appealing feline host.

Parasites constantly work to destroy that which is better and more evolved than them, on the biological and evolutionary scale. The subtle behavioural, one could almost say psychological, manipulation they are coded for is pretty terrifying:

tox

Toxoplasma gondii is known to remove rodents’ innate fear of cats. The new research shows that even months after infection, when parasites are no longer detectable, the effect remains. This raises the possibility that the microbe causes a permanent structural change in the brain.

The microbe is a single-celled pathogen that infects most types of mammal and bird, causing a disease called toxoplasmosis. But its effects on rodents are unique; most flee cat odour, but infected ones are mildly attracted to it.

This is thought to be an evolutionary adaptation to help the parasite complete its life cycle: Toxoplasma can sexually reproduce only in the cat gut, and for it to get there, the pathogen’s rodent host must be eaten.
Source: Parasite makes mice lose fear of cats permanently | Nature

Not the only example of a parasite being innately sinister in ways we wouldn’t expect, but one that’s been studied quite thoroughly.

8 Likes

Is this following Stitchin’s assessment? Atleast minus the aliens aspect of it?

:joy: shit well said

1 Like

Hey I recently started working with a spirit who claims to be a vampire in life. Shes been teaching me some things. Also before her the spirit who answered my call is a lilitu. I dont know if shes a high up one or one of liliths daughters but she’s here and I’m possessed(partial) by her.

I would like to understand more of her and her origins. So if youre willing to enlighten me, may I direct message you?

That makes some sense, dont know about the daylight mythos though

The Anunnakis are not our masters, but we are not true masters of ourselves, not every Anunnaki is there to govern us, some help us…you have my word on this.

@JOHN_ARDOLINO, 27 years of research is a long time. In all that time, did you you ever get to meet any real life, physical vampires?

1 Like

Idk it sounds like something Lilith would do. She’s told me her story about how she became how she is now. I guess I can ask her about this too. It’s very possible that there are different types of vampires. There are the bloated, parasitic kind. Those charismatic ones I think are being hyped so we’ll be more accepting so they can come out of hiding. Then there’s energy vampires, which my mom is one of those and I just went through an attack from one as well. I’m still trying to get that negative energy off of me.

Having never myself as of yet met a vampire I can not speak to there appearance. However seeing as how they are simply humans whom mix there blood with the blood of a vampire. Apart from the need for human blood no where have I read it changes them to monsters. The vampire skeletons that have been found however did have one anatomical thing in common elongated K9s. I don’t think that the media or Hollywood holds a candle to what these being actually are. But as to them having personality I doubt it would be different from when they were human.

Now I will state this as it was brought up I’ve done a crap ton of schooling and had a crap ton more criticism as to my spelling and grammar I’ve never been good at either. However that has no reflection on the knowledge I have attained.

If you look into it the one story that the guy standing next to the 27 ft skeleton was fake not all of the findings

You mean this one?

You have to fact check a little more bud what was the research done behind them saying it was false or did they just say it was just because snopes has been many time in the past reported to be wrong

I think there is a lot of larping and role playing in this content, OP @JOHN_ARDOLINO .

4 Likes

There’s a long description below the photo, but I’ll sum it up.

Archaeologists dug up a mastodon skeleton in Hyde Park and an aerial photo was taken.

Later, there was was a photo manipulation contest by Word1000 (a site that, well, hosts photo manipulation contests). The theme was “Archaeological Anomalies” and a user named IronKite photoshopped the image below.

The image got third place, but it went viral. At first, the story was that it was originally found in India, but then it was changed to Saudi Arabia.

You have to fact check a little more, bud.

1 Like

She knows the truth

here is a tidbit i’ve been forced to share against my own will.

2 Likes