Where should i start?

I have received a sign and realization of what Black magic is and that I want to indulge myself in this art form and I don’t know where to start because their is so much and its almost overwhelming.

what do you want to accomplish? start there.

There are a lot of different ways of approaching this.

The comment above from “The Magician” is a very good one. If there’s something specific you want to accomplish, focusing on that will force you to learn the skills to bring it about.

Another approach is to focus on the basic skills of magick and start gaining some proficiency with them.

Here are some of the most important skills:
(1) meditation
(2) visualization
(3) focus and concentration
(4) breathing
(5) sensing and moving energy

I often recommend Robert Bruce’s book “Energy Work” for people just starting out. It explains how visualization can be less visual for some people but is just as valid. And it explains how to sense and move energy throughout your body.

Another approach is E.A.'s focus on building skill with the “Three Godlike Powers”:
(1) divination
(2) evocation
(3) soul travel

That’s also a great approach, but please don’t make the mistake of skipping divination and going right to one of the “sexier” powers like evocation.

I never practiced divination until I discovered BALG and it severely limited me.

Divination is really all about training your intuition while quieting your critical mind and allowing the information to flow to you.

I would not have developed my mental link to the spirits I work with if I had continued to skip the divination training. Working extensively with the tarot helped me unlock my intuition so I could form the mental link and trust it.

So if you want to take the BALG approach, start with E.A.'s “Mastering Divination” course.

1 Like

Another suggestion is to find a system magic that is good for you. Or become part of a group that has people in it that have experience these can help you out with questions and technique as well as knowing that other’s are out there like you. I taught myself when I started as a teenager but it was hell trying to find a couple good sources to use. I wish I could have had someone to teach me back at that time.

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

Do take a look at the Member Resources thread, which has some ideas on how to start, and also, a ton of links to newsletter tutorials on things like opening sigils, attaining Theta-Gamma Synch (TGS), and also practical advice on using the forum, posting images and YouTube videos, etc

But first, please take a moment to post an introduction here - it’s one of the Rules of this forum, many thanks! :slight_smile: