Where do you draw the line?

This will of course be different for everyone and so I figured it was an interesting topic. I’m sure we all have a line somewhere between doable or at least open to considering, and outright way way never doing that over the line in our personal practice. What are some of the lines that you set up to never cross. And that said have you ever eventually crossed that line? Really as I see it thee really are few things that are truly matters of right and wrong and our lines to cross or not cross are mostly matters of personal ethics, upbringing, or even our level of magical experience.

For myself the idea of sacrificing something living is something I know I will never do. Baneful work is an evolving line for me. I once said I could never do harm at all in any way. Mate recently though I think I’ve started to see the light… Err dark… When it comes to such a thing. I can’t imagine ever trying kill someone or wishing them dead or extremely ill. But I am really starting to embrace the concept of some people deserving to be taught a lesson, etc. strangely when I first started I also had a major aversion to ever working with lucifer. likely due to my church background and media hang ups and things. I realize now though I would easily not even call that a line to be crossed anymore since learning far more.

Where is you line to cross or not?

I don’t think I look at it as lines to be crossed or not. I look at it as what I choose to do or not. Baneful magic is a good example. In my life of 51 years so far, I’ve had a lot of things done to me. I’ve been stood up by women, lied about at work, used for the gain of others, etc. From my perspective, none of these things are worthy of baneful magic for one simple reason; people are shit and even if justified, I’d rather put the energy required for baneful magic into something else. It’s not as simple as forgive and forget, and more like “why the fuck should I care”? Shitty people get theirs, and often live tormented lives behind closed doors. That’s good enough for me.

I’ve done things in the past that prior to doing them, may not have considered ever doing, but not because there was a line. Rather, because I didn’t have the knowledge or understanding. I’m working on evoking a demon right now. A year ago I wouldn’t have considered it. Not because it was on the other side of a line I didn’t wish to cross, but because of a lack of knowledge and understanding of the nature of demons and what they can do to help me grow. Never say never, I guess. JMO.

Ive been wanting to do an animal sacrifice lately, I have never done one deliberately. A chicken would be ideal. To what Im understanding…they are good to do to keep the nasty spirits away from following you. Strike down a chicken in the backyard, nasties swarm it, and then you can sneak away. Probably could work to help lessen curses.

Ive decided to draw the line at sex magick. Just way too much energy

[quote=“Sawbenah, post:3, topic:5368”]Ive been wanting to do an animal sacrifice lately, I have never done one deliberately. A chicken would be ideal. To what Im understanding…they are good to do to keep the nasty spirits away from following you. Strike down a chicken in the backyard, nasties swarm it, and then you can sneak away. Probably could work to help lessen curses.

Ive decided to draw the line at sex magick. Just way too much energy[/quote]

Yeah… No. Animal sacrifice is a BIG sacrifice. Even Allied Spirits in traditions where offerings of blood occur are given it sparingly. It gives the spirit a lot of strength to work with. You’re more signing your death warrant by feeding it to things that would seek you harm

thanks for the insight, MUCH appreciated. This is why I Love this place! No HARM NO FOWL

As an uninitiated person, I’d say this: if I have power, true magic at my fingertips, I would destroy anything that is in my path whenever I feel like it, and anything that I feel like destroying.

In my mind, the line is not drawn at what others must do to me before I retaliate using Magick, or by an criteria other than “I feel like it”, or what kind of sacrifice is used.

The line is at evoking spirits and demons. If I do not destroy my enemies and targets by myself, destroying them becomes meaningless in and of itself.

Suicide.