Where can I learn more about shift shaping?

Hi all,
I’m curious about form changing. I’m completely ignorant about this subject but I’d like to learn about it. Are there any sources that you can lead me to where I can have a better understanding of it?

1 Like

It depend on what you mean By Shapeshifting, If your talking about Astral Shapeshifting(that can definily impact your physical reality) I would ask Bael to teach you, since he is a Spirit of Shapeshifting, among many other things,

Also Asmoday is the Demon who is considered to be the source of Lyncathropy, so taking a Look at Him would be a good idea as well.

Best Regards!

3 Likes

[quote=“Mephistor, post:2, topic:8978”]It depend on what you mean By Shapeshifting, If your talking about Astral Shapeshifting(that can definily impact your physical reality) I would ask Bael to teach you, since he is a Spirit of Shapeshifting, among many other things,

Also Asmoday is the Demon who is considered to be the source of Lyncathropy, so taking a Look at Him would be a good idea as well.

Best Regards![/quote]
But what is astral shape shifting? What is shape shifting truly? However thank you for the spirit recommendations, I will look into them

1 Like

[quote=“Dragon Crow, post:3, topic:8978”][quote=“Mephistor, post:2, topic:8978”]It depend on what you mean By Shapeshifting, If your talking about Astral Shapeshifting(that can definily impact your physical reality) I would ask Bael to teach you, since he is a Spirit of Shapeshifting, among many other things,

Best Regards![/quote]
But what is astral shape shifting? What is shape shifting truly? However thank you for the spirit recommendations, I will look into them[/quote]
I can shapeshift in the astral, into a black wolf. But as usual for me its something that just happened.

It is a very powerful experience though. I dont do it much. Usually when Azazel, asks me to.

All I know is I focus on becoming the wolf. Feeling what the wolf feels and seeing how the wolf sees. Then I transform, with a leap in the wolf.

But I dont know where you would learn how. There probably are some books about this. Hopefully, someone will have suggestions.

2 Likes

[quote=“Mephistor, post:2, topic:8978”]It depend on what you mean By Shapeshifting, If your talking about Astral Shapeshifting(that can definily impact your physical reality) I would ask Bael to teach you, since he is a Spirit of Shapeshifting, among many other things,

Best Regards![/quote]
Strange you mentioned him because I was performing baneful magick and this is what I heard:
Voice: hmmm… nearby empty plastic bottle knocks over
Me: who’s present
Voice: Asmoday and you should consider working with me.
Me: ignores it, continues rites
Voice: you need to work on intent. Other than that not bad, but not as good as it can be.

2 Likes

[quote=“Dragon Crow, post:5, topic:8978”][quote=“Mephistor, post:2, topic:8978”]It depend on what you mean By Shapeshifting, If your talking about Astral Shapeshifting(that can definily impact your physical reality) I would ask Bael to teach you, since he is a Spirit of Shapeshifting, among many other things,

Best Regards![/quote]
Strange you mentioned him because I was performing baneful magick and this is what I heard:
Voice: hmmm… nearby empty plastic bottle knocks over
Me: who’s present
Voice: Asmoday and you should consider working with me.
Me: ignores it, continues rites
Voice: you need to work on intent. Other than that not bad, but not as good as it can be.[/quote]

Lol cute story! (And yes, I believe you, that was just my immediate reaction. Trust me, crazy shit happens, I’ll be the first to believe you in all cases.)

Anyway, I really like the fact that Asmoday contacted you, but shapeshifting is a matter of having control over your form. I’ve compiled quite a few quotes from other posters here, so here they are. I hope they help:

“You would have to master instant materialization, and true conscious transfer to any point in existence. At first thought this seems like a very impossible goal. A year ago I would have completely scoffed at the idea and relentlessly made fun of this idea. However after the things I’ve experienced lately I no longer believe in impossiblity. Experience is key here. Has anyone experienced shape-shifting in the physical? If so how did you do it? I’ve achieved this on the astral plane, changing my own shape, but also the shapes of things in my surrounding or other people. But never in the physical plane. How does one do this? Who’s a master that claims to have done so?” - Zecharyah 555

“In long conversations with my teacher spirit and supporting research I’ve found six approaches to shape shifting:

1. Poison path- the use of herbs and hallucinogens to bring on an animal consciousness, often in co-operation with spirit possession. It appears that no, or little physical shift occurs in this practice.

2. Astral/psychic- the worker projects their conciousness it and possesses a living animal. No physical shift occurs.

3. energetic/chi- a person learns to build an energetic thought form and make it a, more or less, solid reality. Some traditions suggest this is done around the physical body, other suggest the worker projects their consciousness into the empowered thought form. No physical change occures.

4. sprit/familiar path- in one approach that familiar is the one shifting forms and you ride along, usually done with more physical form taking beings, like djinn. The other method involves the spirit actually changing your physical shape. In the first case, no physical change occures. In the latter case physical change absolutely occures.

5. Spirit adoption- the worker “marries” into a spirit family with shape shifting abilities. Their human nature is “removed” and shifting becomes possible. Forms will vary by the kind of entity that accepts you. Physical change does occur.

6. Transformation path- the worker learns to access the underlying structure and life force of anything within their awareness. Most of this is done in Astral, but eventually it can be brought into the physical world. Once the worker learn to bring their work into physical reality they can assume any form for which they know the “pattern”. This is the hardest path, but the most versital. This path requires the ability to have zero atrachment to your physical form. Mild attachment can cause features of an assumed form to carry over, and insanity is very possible as a result. I don’t have confirmation, but a variation of this path is probably what is used by “skinwalkers”. Physical change does occur.

Other possible paths: substantial evidence in folklore speaks of the use of coats, cloaks, shirts, belts, or skins that make transformation possible. I suspect this is true, but have no specifics at this time. Also, recent interaction with the spirit Sekhmet alluded to berserkers and wyndigoes using ritual canibalization of the hearts of their enemies to allow for shapeshifting. She made no mention, but cannibalism features into many shifting tradition including the loup-garou of medieval France. I have no specifics on this path or confirmation of it reality at this time. If real, both these paths would likely allow for partial or complete transformation.

My path has been Transformation and therefore I know the most about that one. I have not shapeshifted beyound spontaneous healing at this time. I’m only now reaching a point where I could consider larger changes without the risk of death, form loss, or insanity. I hope to be able to say more in the years to come.” - TheNightCrow

“Mescalito is as much of a teacher as any other spirit. And yes, he is interacted with by using peyote.

There are countless ways to shift the Assemblage Point, and using a cactus is one of them. If Mescalito is shifting your Assemblage Point and teaching you how to do it yourself, giving you the energy to power to perform the operation and showing you how to do it…is he not teaching the magic?

As for whether he is being evoked or invoked, in heightened awareness it does not matter because language is an improper tool to describe the nature of the experience. You cannot call it either. However, as a disclaimer, I will say that I have never done peyote.” - Arcane

So that’s all I currently have on shapeshifting. Keep in contact on the subject, I want to know how well you succeed, and how I can. Thx!

2 Likes

I didn’t know that - do you have a source for this information? Shifting isn’t mentioned in the description of King Bael in the Goetia.

Similarly, lycanthropy isn’t mentioned for Asmoday in the Goetia. Do you have a source for this?

1 Like

I’m extremely interested in this, as I have been unable to establish audible communication with any spirits. What method do you recommend?

1 Like