Where can I find more information on how to use the Icelandic Staves?

I was thinking intensely about an issue that had been bothering me, and while I was wishing things would go my way, all of a sudden in my mind an image popped up out of nowhere in my mind, I recognized it as one of the Icelandic Staves but I don’t really have any knowledge on any of them or how to use them. So I looked up the Icelandic Staves to search for the one I saw and it most closely resembles the Ægishjálmur stave, and doing some research on it, it seems it actually fits exactly what I was thinking about and what was bothering me, so I would like to know where I can find more information on how to use them, any books or websites would be appreciated.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I though Ægishjálmur to be a “bindrune”.
I think of a stave as a long line with the runes attached as if along a staff (stave = staff), more like how ogham is writen.

Not a lot is known about Ægishjálmur, the “helm of awe”, it was worn on the forehead as a ward to bedazzle and weaken enemies in battle, but there’s not many records of it’s use.

I like youtubers Arith Harger (Swedish practicing mage), and Jackson Crawford (scholar, poetry and language) for practical and scholarly info on Norse magick. Also Freia Norling, a practicing Nordic Volva.

3 Likes

Gasp I love them!

1 Like

As for the Aegishjalmur I’ve personally used it to ward off negative magick, protection and in visualization to weaken people

1 Like

Me too :smiley:
I’d love to rent her cabin out one day, and do nothing but sit out and seethe in the wild-lands of Arctic Norway for a week. That would be my kind of retreat.

2 Likes

Honestly!