When You Get Angry, Does Something Happen?

I am curious, in many Hollywood movies, psychic phenomenon is also heavily associated with one’s emotional states. In numerous movies, interesting things happen when a person with psychic abilities gets incredibly angry. Is it just cinematic folklore, or is it for real?

What has your experiences been like?

It’s real

When I get pissed I become green and big

In my town there is myth that was born around mid 70’s.

I mean, the origin is real, many people around 40-50 can tell you about, a girl that was like “Carrie”, that made things fly and move violently. Since is a small town everybody knew and the girl was constantly harrased so it happened quite a lot, at the end she was taken by some institution and her family disappeared. Those years were marked by the militar goverment, political imprisonment and political killing was common so none really asked questions.

Now, the original story changed in the folklore of the small town and the girl that made things fly ended like “The flying Girl”… crazy shit many people (including my uncle… who I don’t believe) reported sightings of a girl flying.

Thats the only case I know of that kind of psychic ability.

So, energy… if you have realized what anger is… you should know is a sudden boost of raw energy. When that anger is divorced of thoughts and the energy points are open and the flow of body energy is stable, it is felt just like having lots of energy, like when you drink a lot of coffee or eat a bunch of hot chili. Normaly is felt phyisically so you can do a lot and used in fights or in work outs.

I imagine that someone that is introvert and tends to inplode instead of explode and that doesn’t know how to channel that level of energy can cause poltergeist phenomena, specially if it has a well developed inner world (imaginative as fuck). Anyway, just suppositions.

In the movies I’ve seen, psychic abilities are almost always bad or unnatural - I’m thinking especially of Carrie, Firestarter, and The Dead Zone, in which the person is afflicted and doomed by their skills, because those are the books and movies I know best on that kind of theme.

Typical “stay ye away from unnatural arts” fearmongering (albeit very entertaining) - I haven’t noticed people dropping like flies when I’m angry with them, but effects do happen when I use a cursing technique, so I’m not sure unchanelled emotion alone would usually be enough.

Anger often comes from a maelstrom of wounded pride, indignation, anger at oneself for being powerless in a situation, and other insecurities (we all have them) so I’m not sure that in most cases anger alone would be clean enough to harm someone else.

Generally if someone makes me angry, I try to “own” whatever insecurity or perceived weakness they’re triggering in me first, and only then decide if hostile action’s necessary… very often they’re giving me a gift of shining the light on something I was unaware of, so it’s not always necessary.

The other advantage of this is that when I do decide to take action, I do it feeling 100% righteous and holy, which I think is important when doing baneful works.

That’s a good question. I can’t wait to read what other’s experiences have been. For myself, I try not to get angry because really scary things can happen. For example, one night while I was running to get to my bus stop, I just missed by connecting bus and got super pissed. I was furious because it was going to be another two hours before the next bus. Not only that, but I was stuck in a fairly seedy area of the city known for its high crime rate. In being so angry, I was literally stomping on the ground and instantly, the street lights for one city block in every direction, flickered and went out. I was scared shitless. It was about 10 in the evening and I was standing in a circle of darkness stretching out for at least 50 yard all around me. It reminded me of that scene out of Keanu Reeves movie, “Constantine,” when the street lights all flickered out just before a hoard of flying demons attacked him. Luckily, after a couple minutes, the lights flickered back on.

This is exactly why in many of the books, they tell you that you need to be in equilibrium in order to take on the burden that the power gives to you when you take responsibility for your powers.

There is also the possibility of pulling off a poltergeist randomly when you least expect it.

The movies are mainly what people portray of someone who has a lot of power . Mainly the ones who have the powers are depressed or being abused or bullied which leads to people thinking that some secret power awakens because it pities the depressed or abused person.

I will go back to the responsibility parts. I have not seen a feat of physical manifestation of power by someone who is depressed or emotionally unstable. Their minds are just not clear enough and they could be overtaken by something. For instance, a person who is trying to do a love spell on someone will not be able to forget about the results because they lust after that person.

Another person who lusts for power when they have physically none will not forget the results and will keep waiting until the desire is gone and the request will be suppressed.

I’ve seen many physical feats, but it is likewise from someone who can sit for hours at a time in meditation without a single flinch. I have seen someone raise the dead in front of my eyes, I have seen an exorcism on the same person twice when the person possessed would be walking on walls and such.

I have seen the Hawaiian Kahuna magic at work. I have seen Franz Bardon’s magic work in my own hands when my mind was calm and I was able to trance. The element of fire heated my body, despite only using imagination, tactile imaging, and visualization. It was a physical effect in which I measured my temperature to be 3 degrees hotter. I had done it to test the effects of cold and it showed the opposite effect and went 2 degrees below normal temperature.

I could tell about hundreds of other experience I have had, but the whole point of this is that I was doing it within equilibrium which is balance.

Being angry is useless in magic. It is a waste of energy.

You dont have to be angry to get strong magic. All you need is strong intent and focus (and know what your doing ofc).

Getting overwhelmed by anger is a sign a weak mind.

[quote=“The Eye, post:7, topic:2468”]Being angry is useless in magic. It is a waste of energy.

You dont have to be angry to get strong magic. All you need is strong intent and focus (and know what your doing ofc).

Getting overwhelmed by anger is a sign a weak mind.[/quote]

As long as you can use the anger like a tool and not let it use you it is fine. I have had a lot of great results with rage-gnosis.

yeah dark vador’s style I guess but I disagree. I think that you can do very powerful magic being on the contrary very calm and cold like a snake.

Because at some point it becomes difficult not to lose yourself in anger, whereas if you remain calm you always have clear mind and thoughts.

to each his own practice I guess

The eye, it depends on the person. Some people are better at frenzy type magic, others prefer to be cold and calculating.

[quote=“The Eye, post:9, topic:2468”]yeah dark vador’s style I guess but I disagree. I think that you can do very powerful magic being on the contrary very calm and cold like a snake.

Because at some point it becomes difficult not to lose yourself in anger, whereas if you remain calm you always have clear mind and thoughts.

to each his own practice I guess[/quote]

I am so glad that you brought up Star Wars before I did LOL.

You do bring up a good point, one should not rely on rage-gnosis (or anyother gnosis IMO) as their only form of fuel

I agree, my point is that anger only exist related to egotic self (non magickal, mental stupid self) and when you “divorce” it from the “past history” of memories that are attached to the anger (which consist in a “reset” of the physiological responses to specific stimulus) it lose the emotional label so to speak and the energy is free to run through the body.

Emotions are actually not caused by exterior motives, they are caused by a reaction to specific thoughts that at the same time are a reaction to specific stimulus (inner or outer stimulus).

When someone identifies with the emotion, it does not flow properly and starts as a self-perpetuated habit.

To end with it you need to transform personal reaction into impersonal reaction, take off the persona out of the emotion, without the thoughts it cannot persist and is transmutated in what it was initially… a rush of energy.

At the same time you can only be affected (directly) by someone that has a similar emotional pattern, and works in magick, like baneful or even healing consist in creating a sudden resonance between your energy body (where the emotion you want to get into the other person) and the energy body of your target. Of course that is multiplied by houndreds or thousands depending on the level of your gnosis and the entities that you’re working, since some of then can regenerate the energy body or rip them appart.

So I see how those phenomenons can be assosiated by an unholy amount of energy (be it in any emotional form) and anger is a weird mix because it involves lots of energy but also lost of control… and that is just exactly what we see in movies.

If you could manipulate the same amount of energy, channeling into a very specific purpose, it may have the same effect but not so dramatic or violent, ergo not so hollywood.

[quote=“EpicGnome, post:12, topic:2468”]

I agree, my point is that anger only exist related to egotic self (non magickal, mental stupid self) and when you “divorce” it from the “past history” of memories that are attached to the anger (which consist in a “reset” of the physiological responses to specific stimulus) it lose the emotional label so to speak and the energy is free to run through the body.[/quote]

But sometimes rage is needed. Im not totally agree and I will justify this:

Both are starting the analysis from the perspective of the “ego wants to do all the job” and not always rage, hate and being angry comes from the ego itself. Many here can say with no doubt, that inner rage comes from other places.

Im agree to not “waste” that rage, but some people get focused on the power to deploy via the rage, is a comburent of the strong inner desire. Sometimes desire are razionalized, and loose power due to rationalization of the ego, and doubt rises, so sometimes, rage is an stimuli, Id say that the proper war for this is “passionate angry”.

Magic tends to eliminate “point the finger out”, and find guilty burglars of our power outside of us, true story, but finger the ego, dont solve. I am agree in the use of the power of rage in a strong laser ray to increase the rate of the Magic operation.

I see your point.

When I get a good rage going, I tend to knock out street lamps.

Who the hell mocked you?

Have you ever been so angry that you saw black in front of your eyes? If you didn’t, then you’re a long way until you get to practice real magick.

If you can’t control your emotions at will (which is raising and directing them however you want), then it’s going to be very difficult for you to practice magick.