When Someone has Done you Wrong

Do any of you worry about backlash when using baneful magick on someone who has done you wrong? For the most part I don’t worry about it and only use this type of magick on people who have done me wrong and deserve it. And I do use it within reason, but I worry a little bit about backlash.

3 Likes

I used to worry about it. I read a few posts on this forum, though, that say you can protect yourself from the negative karma. There are also some thoughts that as long as you don’t believe negative stuff will come back to you, it won’t.

I vibe with that.

2 Likes

I hex the backlashes too :laughing:

Well, I regularly banish and try to experiment with shields so even if it backlash it doesnt get through.

4 Likes

The backlash is left over from previous conditioning - usually religious. If you dig into the actual meaning of karma and not the Abrahamic (or Wiccan) version of it, it doesn’t work like a boomerang.

I’ve done some darker workings in the past and the only time I had something come back in a fashion was when I didn’t really (fully) mean it…and Hecate felt it didn’t warrant that level of action. So, I got my hand smacked and had to replace a tire.

So, I learned that particular lesson and have done baneful workings since that didn’t come back.

3 Likes

If your purpose is righteous and you keep your soul clean, there is no universe to fear, because you are the universal will

2 Likes

Backlash can come from spirits who protect said people , despite this however , I usually ask spirits to punish those who disrespect me or anything of the sort

3 Likes

Never heard of shields. I’ve been a practicing witch since I was 12 but just this year started doing baneful magick. I’m sick and tired of people being able to do what they do without consequences.

1 Like

Think of it as shielding a person, warding an item/property.

1 Like

I’ve had a similiar experience as @anon39079500. The only time I have had a curse, both baneful and not, blown back at me is when I did not genuinely mean the action. This is not some divine punishment or that sort of thing, just the mind working against the magic. That is why I now take a lengthy bit of time to think about it before going through to ensure that I made the decision clearly.

I usually wait about a week or so before going through with the decision to think

3 Likes

Yes, I definitely think it though first. And most of what I do is binding and or banishing which wouldn’t even be considered baneful by a lot of people. Or I’ll do something to make the person feel guilty and remorseful for what they did. If I do something to outright punish the person I keep the punishment within reason and it’s something they fully deserve.

3 Likes

Agreed.

This was part of Hecate’s lesson to me. Take some time, give it some thought. If there’s a shred of doubt, but leaning towards ‘yes’, ask a Deity.

I did this recently when I knew something needed to be done, but didn’t think it warranted a severe “punishment”, if you will. I asked a Deity to verify what I suspected and got a level of action that was deemed “appropriate”. I had learned that lesson :blush:

3 Likes

If you have a relationship with a Deity, you may be able to ask them to send those loyal to them to do the deed for you, provided a prices/offering is accepted. This could allow you to negotiate a level of action that you also find acceptable. Say, taking away their sleep, making them not feel safe (paranoia), etc…

Petitioning a Deity also allows you to make your case and ask them to intervene as they feel would fit best with the “crime”.

I agree. I am currently in that situation.

1 Like

I mostly work with angels and sometimes I will ask them to issue a punishment that fits the crime.

2 Likes

Fair enough. I’ve spoken with Uriel and Raphael before, but I typically work the other side of the aisle. I certainly respect them and you should be in good hands :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve only done it once, about 23 years ago and the mafucker’s (adult) kid died. My intent was to inflict maximum soul destroying pain on that individual and I am 100% at peace with that outcome. I haven’t done anything baneful since then, but my sort of “mental bar” is that I wouldn’t do baneful magic to anyone unless I truly wanted to kill them/their family/initiate maximum destruction. I would only use baneful magic under those very rare circumstances, because as others have shared above, it’s the uncertainty or lack of commitment that will snap back and whip you in the balls.

1 Like

The only backlash that can happen with curses is caused by your own guilt. If you do not feel guilt, there will be no backlash.

What there will be are results.

4 Likes

Well I definitely don’t feel any guilt because the recipients of the baneful magick I cast are always fully deserving of it. I have been thinking about the possibility of creating a servitor who’s job is to repel any possible backlash though.

When I Pray I asked generally for all who do me wrong done me wrong and have wrongful thoughts toward me that there worst fears will come to life and over take them. I usually dont put a single person on them but when i did nothing did happen in return :first_quarter_moon_with_face::spider_web::last_quarter_moon_with_face: