What's the difference?

When using a sigil or and out right ritualistic evocation, what is the difrence between the two? Is one more powerful that the other? Can more get accomplished just by using a sigil? Is a ritual best for manifesting your will? Is using a sigil best used only to asked questions?..

Can someone give me good examples?

I find using sigils isnt as powerful as Evocation. The things I’ve done have had alot better results when i did the evocation as opposed to just opening a sigil

bud, “powerful” can’t be a word that should exist with your ideas above. It’s the use that makes the difference. Evocation is not too handy at all times so using sigils would be a better choice when there’s no much of the use to evoke. They just are availability of alternatives depending on situations.

I feel that a correctly preformed sigil ritual can be more effective than a poorly preformed evocation, and there are levels of success to be had with both methods.

Sigil ritual generally requires less to succeed in terms of both psychic senses and physical investment as far as tools go. Sigil ritual can be done informally and on the fly, and is generally considered an appropriate introduction to a spirit. whereas a proper evocation will require a alot more planning, psychic development, and a general relationship with the force summoned to say the least.

As far as the actual "power’ diffrence goes that may just be a petty distinction that we make to ourselves its a mystery to me personally so I cant say for sure I do believe that a proficient person can do more with a sigil than a resource rich beginner could do with all of the ceremonial tools in the world.

[quote=“Cogitation, post:4, topic:6618”]I feel that a correctly preformed sigil ritual can be more effective than a poorly preformed evocation, and there are levels of success to be had with both methods. I will try to explain my theory when I am home.[/quote]I agree with you. I’m sure for some this is true. But for me going through the process had better results.

For me it’s about how much attention I can muster and focus into my magical work. Ritual provides elements which help you focus and helps you hold that focus. Through practice you want to eventually reach the point where you can reach that level of focus at will, without having to rely on all the bells and whistles.

A sigil is just a focal point. I use them mostly to represent things I don’t quite understand enough to put a name to. Otherwise I use names, words, archetypes. Doesn’t matter what you call it, as long as you can focus enough attention on it.