What's America like, spiritually speaking

Just wondering what America is like from the spiritual point of view. When compered to England it’s a fairly new nation, that was, until relatively recently, dominated by the heavily spiritual native Americans. Do you guys find this legacy still has an influence?

Northern england is still fairly magical, but the south seems dead by comparison. Do you guys find there’s a drastic difference between northern and southern America?
Just a bit of a mater thread really, bit I’d like to know.

Ah, see I thought you were talking about the actual land itself and not the country. From that standpoint you’re correct, but if we’re talking land America is much darker and much older than England.

The “heart of darkness” beats from three locations, those would be New York City, Washington DC, and Salem- all on the East Coast. The Suns radiate pretty massively, like giant fissures spanning the continent with tendrils slithering to the sea.

The West Coast has generally been light-hearted, though some idiots are trying to create another Sun in LA. One recently fell in San Jose, I helped take apart the Portland one.

I’m not talking about the “normal” darkness that’s commonly called “demons” by ceremonial magicians.

I refer to what is called by some “Caesar’s Sword”, that is the planetary LHC of some of the most dangerous aspects of the planets:

• Venus as the Mother Broken
  • Mars as the Ronin
  • Jupiter as the Royal Rapist
  • Saturn as Black Hole

etc., etc.

In other words- the Suns are like engines of wild darkness, DC’s was set up with the birth of the nation, NYC’s was in the early 1900s, and Salem is sometime in the future. 2060s I think.

Making these engines isn’t smart for humans to do, because mere men cannot contain fire.

that was, until relatively recently, dominated by the heavily spiritual native Americans. Do you guys find this legacy still has an influence?

Somewhat, yes, though the gods of most tribes have fled. For instance, the gods of the Navajo have since reclaimed their lands (happened since settlers came, won in mid-1800s), they may have created Jesus Malverde to fuck with people.

Navajo gods are strong, but they really really hate non-Navajos, which is why the Skinwalkers came in force.

Northern england is still fairly magical, but the south seems dead by comparison.

I would disagree.

See, where the east coast is full of monsters (hence why so many corporations are there, the California connection isn’t an accident either), the “Bible Belt” is rampant with “classical” demons intermingling with nature spirits. “Repression makes religion flourish”, as it were, and not all religions worship gods. Naturally, some sorcerers worth their salt managed to bridge those entities there.

Texas is the Gate of Fire, Minnesota the Gate of Earth, New York the Gate of Air, Oregon the Gate of Water.

Anyway, Louisiana is Louisiana and I still keep in contact with some of the swamp spirits I met there.

Florida happens to be a nifty place, it’s like a mini-Louisiana but more complete with waaay more wild gods and dead people.

Do you guys find there's a drastic difference between northern and southern America?

Yes.

1 Like

I live on the ga fla line. Down here there is place called no mans land a swamp area. Men go in men dont come out. Its very spiritual. Will o wisps are here too.
The land is full of spirits and is alive. Most people here are Christian but they all have their stories. About ghosts. Voodoo ville, an old lady at the nursing home i worked in taught me about roots.

Honest opinion, it sucks. You can’t express freely your beliefs without being judged or shunned. That is if your beliefs are something else then Christian. I could not express publicly my beliefs without having consecvencies so I shut up and only one or 2 people know what I am.

To be fair, even in London, if I expressed my beliefs that I’ll be able to command godlike powers within my lifetime, that demonic Kings can be very friendly and helpful allies in life, that I had a spirit Child with a demon, etcetera, it wouldn’t go down well with 99% of people.

They’re very likely to be fine with you believing it, but keeping it to yourself, most people on my bit of the planet are accepting of strange belief systems so long as you don’t go round pushing them on other people. There are obvious downsides to that (like not recognising the dangers inherent in Islam, for whom “Kill them wherever you find them” is NOT a subjective, post-modern concept, but a genuine command) but when operating among ordinary English people, it does make for a more civilised life.

1 Like

[quote=“Sabina, post:4, topic:9019”]Honest opinion, it sucks. You can’t express freely your beliefs without being judged or shunned. That is if your beliefs are something else then Christian. I could not express publicly my beliefs without having consecvencies so I shut up and only one or 2 people know what I am.[/quote] That’s true, but i’ve found that swimming against the current just makes you stronger, so i’m very open about what i do if asked and i don’t mind being judged, ridiculed, and even threatened over it, just makes me do it twice as hard. :wink: I second what Arianna said, the land is powerful and sacred all over. Now the people on it can and do piss me off most of the time but i’m working on that so it’s all good. =D

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:5, topic:9019”]To be fair, even in London, if I expressed my beliefs that I’ll be able to command godlike powers within my lifetime, that demonic Kings can be very friendly and helpful allies in life, that I had a spirit Child with a demon, etcetera, it wouldn’t go down well with 99% of people.

They’re very likely to be fine with you believing it, but keeping it to yourself, most people on my bit of the planet are accepting of strange belief systems so long as you don’t go round pushing them on other people. There are obvious downsides to that (like not recognising the dangers inherent in Islam, for whom “Kill them wherever you find them” is NOT a subjective, post-modern concept, but a genuine command) but when operating among ordinary English people, it does make for a more civilised life.[/quote]
I think that’s true on most of the places on earth. However I have the impression that generally speaking witches and wiccans are accepted in England. At least a lot more easily then here. or is it just my impression? I am neither though…I am a lot worse…

Wiccans are, yes, white light healers and all that stuff have kind of made it acceptable, but black magicians and LHP, not so much. C’est la vie, we’ll do the hard work and they’ll no doubt show up later wanting in on the mass ascent we wrangled from the various enslaving forces - the ones the universalists were still honouring on their bumper stickers as part of “love and light” because they were too spiritually blind to see the reality! :slight_smile:

Deists (not theists) mixed with practical atheism.

I live on the Georgia/Tennessee line and in my experience in my area I have found that there is a LOT of religion; even people who don’t go to church regularly and/or are above averagely immoral (Christian morality or just plain secular decency) believe they have the right to judge certain kinds of people and to determine how everyone in the country SHOULD live their lives simply because they claim to be Christian.

Yes…it’s very religious around here. But spiritual? Nahhh…not really. There is some spirituality, but it’s essentially underground, or it may as well be.

[quote=“Khayyin, post:10, topic:9019”]I live on the Georgia/Tennessee line and in my experience in my area I have found that there is a LOT of religion; even people who don’t go to church regularly and/or are above averagely immoral (Christian morality or just plain secular decency) believe they have the right to judge certain kinds of people and to determine how everyone in the country SHOULD live their lives simply because they claim to be Christian.

Yes…it’s very religious around here. But spiritual? Nahhh…not really. There is some spirituality, but it’s essentially underground, or it may as well be.[/quote]
Funny, how different just one state can be …north and south. Interesting.

I was amazed how many magical people there were in my family here in the Ozarks. It seems to go way back. Not just my family either. I’ve met many people here who have had stories of an aunt or grandparent who could “witch” away a burn or wart or pain when they were a child. My Mother told me stories of her Grandmother (Memaw Clarke, she called her) and how she would get hurt playing in the yard and Memaw would take the pain away.

Perhaps I could start working with my ancestors and write an infernal grimoire on hillbilly magic of the Ozarks. Thoughts?

[quote=“DiscordianBliss, post:12, topic:9019”]I was amazed how many magical people there were in my family here in the Ozarks. It seems to go way back. Not just my family either. I’ve met many people here who have had stories of an aunt or grandparent who could “witch” away a burn or wart or pain when they were a child. My Mother told me stories of her Grandmother (Memaw Clarke, she called her) and how she would get hurt playing in the yard and Memaw would take the pain away.

Perhaps I could start working with my ancestors and write an infernal grimoire on hillbilly magic of the Ozarks. Thoughts?[/quote]
There are people here with those abilities as well. And people who can talk the fire out of a burn. Unfortunately, i couldnt find one when erin burned her hand.
There is also a relative who can take away thrush, from a baby. Somehow he breathes in their breath.

Sounds fascinating, and the kind of topic that’s woefully under-reported!

Sounds fascinating, and the kind of topic that’s woefully under-reported![/quote]

I have the first book in an encyclopedia set titled “Man, Myth and Magic” and in that first book is a section on black magic. A short excerpt reads: “In the Ozark hill country of the United States the ceremony of initiating a witch ends with the recitation of the Lord’s Prayer backwards.”

I have yet to come across a LHP coven of witches here, but I have kept feelers out for them. It would be nice to have an opportunity to practice within a coven.

Yeah, that’s one of the quirky effects of the size of the US, I think. Consider this: the country of Soutb Korea is about the size of Georgia.

But I reread my statement and I’m not sure I did a good job of portraying my area. What I said is true. Bit as I told you awhile ago, Arianna, my area is also pretty laid back. And if you cross into Tennessee (seriously, it’s a 2 minute walk from my house) and get into Chattanooga itself there are a lot of progressive and open minded folks, and even agreeable Christians! So you think it’s funny how different one state can be from north to south? Sometimes that same difference can be seen over the span of just a few miles! XD

Haha, I still don’t know how accurate that is but it’ll have to do. Attempting to truly describe the nuances of a local culture and all of its micro-cultures could be a never ending task.

My mom has her own stories of latent witchcraft, she has quite the natural talent at clairsentience and divination. I think that that’s where I got my natural talent from as well. I don’t know any stories of either of her parents having experiences, but knowing my grandfather, such topics were likely not allowed to be discussed.

I live in Colorado near New Mexico and the feeling that this land carries is undescribeable. You can feel the scars and magickal that this land has seen and the Old Native American gods can still be felt.

Yes. I have had a great aunt and uncle who had an old native american burial grounds on their property. I loved going there as a kid.
I didnt realize it then as a kid. But my vision would kick in …i was seeing the past, almost reliving it. Seeing them walking the grounds and doing daily things. And the river behind the fields and burial grounds was so full of magick. I know my dad just thought i had a wild imagination. But i could SEE everything.

Its all commercial.