What would you do with this image

4 Likes

Is it a sigil?

It’s the Mjolnir symbol set in a circle of Thurisaz runes with hammer/lightning depictions surrounding it. It’s meant to be dedicated to Thor.

1 Like

Have you used it to evoke thor?

It was made last night. And on a whim.

2 Likes

My answer is I would evoke Thor with this image.

1 Like

You could place an item in the center, then activate it and charge the item. Burn a red or black candle in the center for baneful workings. A white one for healing.

1 Like

Very nice! I like the image.

The previous replies are about what I would suggest.

When I think of how I would work with þòr, I think of how I would see lightning. Sure, lightning, burns things and destroys, but on a more scientific level, the burned remains of dead trees struck by lightning clears pathways in forests. It also is used as a sort of fertilizer (I might be wrong her, i just remember something to that effect). Lightning is also electricity and thus is prana in a sense. Lightning as previously mentioned, also destroys and moves at what appears to be almost instantaneous and definite strikes. Just thought I might include that.

Traditionally, þòr was called on to sanctify an area. He was called on for rain, to help crops (I could be wrong here), smash a skull, etc.

I would also add in with the candle idea, that you could draw or carve other runes into the candles, as well as opt in for green and white when doing things that are similar to a road opening working or purification/sanctification.

You could also journey into the image and use it that way in Seidr or any sort of 9 worlds Pathworking should you decide to visit his hall too.

If this image actually has something to do with Thor, then I would say that this is something you’d put on a tapestry for a coven where Thor is the patron god.

1 Like

I agree with Schattenmond.

Also my 2cents I wouldn’t do an evocation on an image you made on a whim, just simply because you may accidentally make a thoughtform that thinks it’s Thor all because you made it so. Unless the image is actually tied to Thor (as in you’re sure it’s linked to him then yes)

but you may also end up evoking the runes which is not something to blatantly do without proper understanding.

I hear the rolling thunder.

Good for energy charging.