What would it mean?

what would it mean to be a black arts master? what would it mean to truly ascend into godhood? or to even practice the black arts? what would you say happens after you reach godhood? or is godhood an illusion?

1 Like

Godhood isn’t something you become it’s something you realize you are.

2 Likes

“There is no difference between the enlightened man and the unenlightened man, the only difference is that the enlightened man knows it.” - Zen Koan.

2 Likes

thanks guys! lovely quote by the way

No. The enlightened knows that the unenlightened are swine. The swine is food, therefore they have nothing in common.

1 Like

No. The enlightened knows that the unenlightened are swine. The swine is food, therefore they have nothing in common.[/quote]
Swine is good eating! I love me some crispy bacon a nicely glazed baked ham, BBQ ribs, and pork isn’t bad either.

2 Likes

No. The enlightened knows that the unenlightened are swine. The swine is food, therefore they have nothing in common.[/quote]

A big part of enlightened in Zen Buddhism is its connection with the destruction of previously held beliefs and the acceptance of a new paradigm.

Most Zen Koans show this nicely, but a very commonly known Koan is the story of the Cup of Tea:

"Nan-in, a Japanese master during the Meiji era (1868-1912), received a university professor who came to inquire about Zen.

"Nan-in served tea. He poured his visitor’s cup full, and then kept on pouring.

"The professor watched the overflow until he no longer could restrain himself. “It is overfull. No more will go in!”

“‘Like this cup,’ Nan-in said, ‘you are full of your own opinions and speculations. How can I show you Zen unless you first empty your cup?’”

Like the student, you have your own views and knowledge about the human race, I cannot change those. If you want me to teach you, you must first empty your cup.

Humanity are brilliant and luminous beings, capable of many great things that many consider only imagination. The only difference is choices, but who is to say what choices they could have made or you could have made. It is very easy to imagine a world where things were different, and you yourself were a “swine” instead of a member of the occult autocracy. Since all worlds are potential, and humans have infinite potential, then there truly nothing unique about any of us, that is not potential for another human to attain. The enlightened man knows this, and that is why he knows that there is no true difference between him and the unenlightened man.

A big part of enlightened in Zen Buddhism is its connection with the destruction of previously held beliefs and the acceptance of a new paradigm.

Most Zen Koans show this nicely, but a very commonly known Koan is the story of the Cup of Tea:

"Nan-in, a Japanese master during the Meiji era (1868-1912), received a university professor who came to inquire about Zen.

"Nan-in served tea. He poured his visitor’s cup full, and then kept on pouring.

"The professor watched the overflow until he no longer could restrain himself. “It is overfull. No more will go in!”

“‘Like this cup,’ Nan-in said, ‘you are full of your own opinions and speculations. How can I show you Zen unless you first empty your cup?’”

Like the student, you have your own views and knowledge about the human race, I cannot change those. If you want me to teach you, you must first empty your cup.

Humanity are brilliant and luminous beings, capable of many great things that many consider only imagination. The only difference is choices, but who is to say what choices they could have made or you could have made. It is very easy to imagine a world where things were different, and you yourself were a “swine” instead of a member of the occult autocracy. Since all worlds are potential, and humans have infinite potential, then there truly nothing unique about any of us, that is not potential for another human to attain. The enlightened man knows this, and that is why he knows that there is no true difference between him and the unenlightened man.[/quote]
i might just study zen buddhism along with demonaltary and vampyrism. thats amazing

There’s a neat little book called Zen Flesh, Zen Bones that you might like, it has the teacup story in and all sorts of other thought-provoking things: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zen_Flesh,_Zen_Bones

It’s also tiny, and easy to dip into, and usually sold by the checkouts in bookstores, it’s one of those minibooks like the “Chicken Soup” series (only very much better IMO).

The reviews of the book on this page will give you an overview. My life was enriched by reading it, even though I wouldn’t identify myself as a serious student of Zen. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I feel that God hood lies dormat in us all. To become a living god is to awaken the sleeping God inside us.
If you awaken your Godform then you learn who you are you will “hatch”.
If not then it may take more lifetimes to achieve.

Put in the work push through and awaken or stay asleep. The choice is there for everyone to make.

1 Like

Fun fact, I am him.

That’s why I said probably. People like you aside.

Excellent message, I’d say your correct. Awakening the godform/self is a very quick way to power and self realization.[quote=“TheStorm, post:13, topic:8866”]
That’s why I said probably. People like you aside
[/quote]

Then again, I was him, he’s transformed and is continuing to do so. Now, something greater is occurring. Death is beautiful, isn’t it? My wife would say so.

GiGiles. . @Aiden_Crow, which him are you referring to the God or dragon crow?? :wink:

1 Like

Maybe both, hmhm. I’m always being devoured and transmuted into something different. However there’s still much work to do. Above all, I should not be considered human.

But yes, I was once that boy. I am a very, very old individual. I may take this appearance but it means nothing. beyond that, no one needn’t know anything further.

1 Like