What type of incense do you prefer?

If you want to avoid getting ash on your altar, try using a “coffin” or “tower” style stick holder. They are mostly enclosed, which helps prevent ash messes. Even the amazing walmart has a soapstone coffin that’s aesthetically pleasing, if bland

5 Likes

That’s neet, I happen to have a “coffin” style that is a Dragon’s head. Yes they help with mess a lot!

3 Likes

Do the cedar chips just sort of smolder and ember then as well?

2 Likes

The first layer of resin burns, then the cedar will begin to smoke. The cedar is acting as a buffer to the direct heat of the coal to the resins on top, so it slowly melts down into the smoldering cedar. The resin infused cedar will continue to smolder and the ash build up extends the life even farther. This can give you a solid 10 minutes+ of good smoke, sometimes longer depending on the size coal and type of resin you are using. Bigger coals allow for a bigger stack. 33mm ones are my go-to, but if I want to fumigate a room I will switch to the 44mm ones.

2 Likes

Oh so you do use coals at the bottom. The blend smokes for about ten maybe ten plus minutes? Seems like when the insense goes out it breaks my concentration/trance. Maybe why I’m so drawn on sticks- seem to last longest from what I’ve experienced

2 Likes

If you prefer stick types for that reason I highly recommend those dhoop sticks I mentioned above, You will get a bit more smoke out of a dhoop stick, they burn for about the same time, and they are cleaner, IMO. Again, if you like Nag Champa you cannot go wrong with the real Sai Baba dhoops. Song of India India Temple Dhoop is also fantastic.

2 Likes

Good quality frankincense. I hate the cheap stuff though. It really makes a huge difference

3 Likes

I have been feeling the royal green hojari frankincense. It’s a bit pricey but worth it. What kind have you been using? Source too, if you are willing. Frankincense is a personal favorite of mine as well.

2 Likes

Notting hill they have a branch in Camden as well.
There’s another guy on amazon as well I’ll try to find it.

1 Like

I don’t know if the guy knows but he put love potion which he sells as frankincense and myrrh. There’s also an old spell in the pgm with Isis abrasax and some other spirits that use those two incense.

1 Like