What to offer to spirits to teach you and mentor you?

Whats the best to offer when wanting to assimilate an entities teachings guidance?
I know you can offer Belial to restrain from an addiction but what could you offer to other spirits for more long run goals and not like do this do that?

Ask the specific spirit what they would like in exchange.

2 Likes

If you’re going to make a pact with them then blood is good. I’m working Aim at the moment. Hes particularly fond of the stuff. But others like offerings of wine or food or an item dedicated to them. When I worked with Freyja she really liked when I would give her spice cake.

2 Likes

Can’t verbally communicate yet, I can do 4 coin divination which is going nice

1 Like

I do give blood and wine almost always (since I don’t ask for petty goals), I thought that more will be needed for a more result-full and strong relation.

2 Likes

Never, ever assume a demon will want blood as an offering. There are some who do not like it and are offended by such an assumption.

That’s why I say ask the demon itself.

8 Likes

I research them before I give blood as an offering, they usually do (the ones I work with at least).

Yup! Lucifer straight out rejected blood from me and no matter how hard I picked I couldn’t bleed. Only when he knew I was sure I wanted to give it did it happen .

4 Likes

Interesting, similar thing happened to me with Belial few days ago. I heard he likes blood and I’ve given him multiple time but as I tried to cut my pinky finger with a knife it wouldn’t bleed so I got agitated and cut harder and then the previous 2 cuts started bleeding as well, they didn’t let any until then and then the started bleeding in the same time

1 Like

They can be particular. I only offer it to those I’m making a long term commitment to it who comes freely and opens the door for friendship. Lucifer doesn’t want much at all, in fact he just wants me to listen most of the time. He is my spirit husband so I pay attention and give things he likes but he doesn’t require it. Just open ears.

2 Likes

I will say this: don’t believe everything you read or hear. Demons are individuals and just because someone somewhere says they like blood, doesn’t make it so. Most will accept it, but that certainly doesn’t mean they prefer it, or even like it.

I have worked with most of the “big” names like Azazel and Belial and never once did I offer blood nor did they ask for it. I don’t usually give offerings, and the one time I did, it was a piece of milk chocolate for King Paimon.

I reserve blood only for binding. If I enter a pact, I will bind myself to it through blood, but that is it. It is not something to be given to every spirit I work with, like some people seem to believe. I have used blood but once in my magick, and that was in the consecration of my Universal Circle.

Be careful in making assumptions, and research carefully the beings you want to work with. Signing a pact in blood is far different, and more serious, than simply opening a sigil, so there is no need to smear the sigil with your blood.

I am going to be entering under the mentorship of Azazel on the first of June if he agrees, and most likely it will be signed in blood because that, to me, is a sign of commitment and binding, which is what I reserve my blood for.

However, sometimes, all a spirit wants is your agreement to their teachings. Good luck, @Viktor, in finding the best mentor for you. There are many spirits just waiting to teach someone their secrets.

8 Likes

Thank you, for the advice. I will ask the spirit next time.
I thought it would strengthen the effects and cutting myself and giving it gets me more in the frenzy state I sometimes need for the ritual

1 Like

You are welcome, my friend :slight_smile:

Sometimes blood will strengthen the effect, and sometimes not. There was one member here who talked about soaking sigils in his blood but still getting nothing from them. He had made an assumption but it turned out the spirit had no desire for his blood so he had to apologize for his mistake.

I know, because I rarely use it, that blood would make the power of my rituals skyrocket, so I am very circumspect with what I use it for.

Part of its use is also the sacrifice of pain. It shows you are serious. If you cut yourself all the time, for every spirit, then it ceases to be a sacrifice, in my opinion.

3 Likes

I get an intuitive feeling if it would be ok or not usually. I always feel like Belial wants blood

2 Likes

Others have mentioned that about Belial as well, but he never asked it of me. He also likes strong liquor :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The last 5-6 it was him I was summoning so wine with a sprinkle of blood is the regular offering haha

1 Like

If you get along with him, why not mentor under the great Belial? He has much to teach.

3 Likes

Well I did, I offered those 2 and not to indulge in drugs for a year.
He made me really confident even before that ritual but since then not much new happened.
I was really really emotionally cold for some time and 2 days ago I started getting hit by strong waves of emotion. Nothing that is hindering me but its annoying

Did you ask Belial to specifically teach you, or did you ask him for something else? Usually, but not always, a mentorship requires the declaration of a formal pact, like EA describes in the Book of Azazel.

3 Likes

I asked him to help me in my ascent, ignite the black alchemy in me and open my psychic senses. I did not write him to give me his teachings but I said verbally. As I did in many other pacts. Maybe its the problem with me not figuring out something, I’m not sure

1 Like