What to do with 2 dried out salamander

Knowing that I collect curio for spell work, my sweet husband gave me two dried out salamander he found while cleaning the garage attic. I’ve had them sitting with my…um…other dead and dried out curiosities. (Please tell me I’m not the only weirdo :grin:) But one is really turning to dust fast. Was wondering how to use them. Was surprised to learn that salamander are associated with fire element. I assumed they would be water element. Looking for spell ideas on how to use them before they deteriorate. Thanks!

3 Likes

hmm. if you can’t find a spell, why not just preserve them? get a jar and put them in some type of ethanol or isopropyl alcoholic solution, so you can use them later when you find the perfect spell :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good idea. Thanks!

1 Like

no problemmm :slight_smile: good luck

1 Like

Perhaps an option is, when summoning/invoking/etc King Djin, Aphtiph or another fire spirit, to have nearby one of those salamanders as representation of the spirit itself.

1 Like

Great idea, Frapa79. The larger, better preserved one is quite beautiful so I would prefer not to part with it in a jar spell. I spent some time this evening researching Aphtiph and a few other fire spirits and will definitely be giving it a try. Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

Feel for the spirit of each salamander and call it back. See if it wants to act as a helper spirit for you. If not, then bury it respectfully or use it in some other manner. I did it with a few geckos I found in the glass dome around my ceiling lights.

2 Likes

Wonderful suggestion, norse900. Thank you!

1 Like

More than welcome. I’m trying with a Cornish hen I got from the store, too.