What size altar do you use in the Universal Circle?

I’m prepping to start putting my UC through it’s paces.

I’d like to get a decent sized altar that will work well for hold my tools and a book, while being small enough to move around a bit while standing up or sitting in front of it.

If you have used one within your UC, what worked best for you?

I’m looking for dimensions, sizes mainly.

Thanks!

[quote=“NariusV, post:1, topic:3675”]I’m prepping to start putting my UC through it’s paces.

I’d like to get a decent sized altar that will work well for hold my tools and a book, while being small enough to move around a bit while standing up or sitting in front of it.

If you have used one within your UC, what worked best for you?

I’m looking for dimensions, sizes mainly.

Thanks![/quote]
I use a chair in it as i find it difficult to sit on the floor, i suppose you could use a “tv table” or a night table…e.a has a table in his in the Lucifer evocation…take a look at that…

I have an altar that is roughly 3 foot by 4 foot and comes up to waist level in me. It is a plastic collapsible table that I bought at Target for the purpose of being a portable altar. I use this when I need an altar for my more formal evocations.

So far none of the spirits I evoked have complained :slight_smile:

2ft x 2ft alter for my circle 3ft high. Before any work with Michael it is washed with Florida water. I have some red 7 day candles on it as well. As well as my chalice for drinking with this spirit. One for him (silver) a glass for me. I can also take it apart. The legs are attached by screws.

[quote=“Orismen, post:3, topic:3675”]I have an altar that is roughly 3 foot by 4 foot and comes up to waist level in me. It is a plastic collapsible table that I bought at Target for the purpose of being a portable altar. I use this when I need an altar for my more formal evocations.

So far none of the spirits I evoked have complained :)[/quote]

Does this give you room to move around inside the circle easily or do you usually stay in one position during your operations?

Not sure if this is helpful but I have console table, about hip-height, and that’s 10" by about 24" - it’s the kind people have in a hallway for flowers or whatever, in the past people used to keep the hallway landline phone on things like that.

I just googled TELEPHONE TABLE and that returned some similar narrow tables, some even have drawers.

They’re a handy kind of size and you can get a good surface by searching for marble (metamorphic rock a la WoD) or granite, or whatever, everything from chopping boards to “worktop protectors” comes in those materials and they’re usually affordable, nicely finished and light enough to move, and that means you can use the same stone altar top on a sturdy crate if you decide to work sitting on the floor or kneeling.

[quote=“NariusV, post:5, topic:3675”][quote=“Orismen, post:3, topic:3675”]I have an altar that is roughly 3 foot by 4 foot and comes up to waist level in me. It is a plastic collapsible table that I bought at Target for the purpose of being a portable altar. I use this when I need an altar for my more formal evocations.

So far none of the spirits I evoked have complained :)[/quote]

Does this give you room to move around inside the circle easily or do you usually stay in one position during your operations?[/quote]

No I usually stay put when I have the altar there. I don’t move around the UC a lot.

I use an old Vietnam era folding stool I snagged well I was in the army. perfect size. about a ft tall a ft and a half wide and a foot long. I usually just sit on it but it makes a good alter too. folds up small enough to fit in a backpack too so its great for on the go just a thought. works great for me

I use those small folding wood tables at walmart there maybe 2ft by 18". I also use those to mount my altar tops as well.

I’ve used a couple different things.
My main altar is 2 and a half feet long and just under a foot wide.
It also has a shelf of roughly the same dimensions underneath it that’s great for storing things I may or may not need for the ritual,notebook and pen,oils,incense stuff like that.

If I don’t feel like standing I use some chunks of cinder blocks and other stones I found outside my apartment that just happened to fit perfectly together.It’s cool cause a couple of the areas on the far right and far left ends of the stones are elevated so that’s where I place things like offerings.
It may mean nothing but to me it symbolizes me elevating my offerings to the spirits above all other things on the altar.

And I’ve used the 2x2 wooden foldout shelves TWF mentioned.

Really anything that can hold your tools and grant you space to move is cool but I like adding my own touches to my spiritual implements when I can so it holds more meaning to me.(hence the cinder block altar lol)

I have not used my UC with my altar. Before I received the UC, I was performing evocations with the WoD altar set up. I have a piece of oak on a table, roughly waist height, and I’d sit behind it in a chair when evoking. When I started using the UC, I follow the way EA used it in the evocation course, only I placed a chair in the centre because I do not like sitting on the floor.