What separates angels and demons?

Odin’s “angels” aren’t angels they just play a similar role I.e the valkyries. Aphrodite’s angels don’t really have a similar role. They’re pretty much love based the Erotes.

5 Likes

Interesting. You work with archangel Michael? Recently i’m working with Bael/Beelzebub, when i work with a Spirit i like do dig the connection profoundly, after Bael, i Will work with Lúcifer. I think i Will work with angels maybe, i have a affection for Uriel.

1 Like

I am working with Beezlebub and Satan currently and I am considering working with Michael as well

2 Likes

I was reflecting about this

What does it say?

This is my experience as well. Gruesome nightmares from an “angel”: check.
V K Jehanum has some hair raising stories about his angelic work I think.

They’re not “nice”, but if you approach them from a worshippy standpoint thinking they’re “good”, they’ll generally run with that. So will many ‘demons’ of course. It’s kind of arbitrary what entities bronze age monotheists decided were one or the other.

5 Likes

@longlostredemption I understand where you’re coming from, and if I came across as condescending or anything like that, my apologies. Magick has so much to offer us, and it often saddens me to see people misled by baseless fears and superstitions. To work with your analogy, it’s certainly alright to ask other people their thoughts on new co-workers, but I think it is essential that you meet them for yourself as well, with an open, skeptical, and curious mind.

@NorthantsMage I see what you’re saying about how the angels and demons will work differently, and I just want to say that, in my experience, the demons also have our best interests in mind and will guide us away from paths that could destroy us. I have noticed, though, that they will usually let me have a taste of that path for myself, and when I return to them seeking a change, they’re just like, “yep, told you it would suck.” It can definitely be tough to handle sometimes, but I think that’s an important part of the experience of demon magick.

@Mulberry I definitely agree with you, angels can be pretty scary. I do think there are objective differences between angels and demons, but saying that one is “good” and the other “bad” is absurdly oversimplified (and just incorrect). Anyone trying to claim the moral high-ground with spirits is, in my opinion, either ignorant or extremely deceptive.

You make an excellent point about worship, too. I don’t mind the majority of people (in American culture, at least) worshipping a distorted view of angels because, for most people, the true reality of these occult forces is far beyond their capacity to grasp. I wish that their religious teachings involved less sexism, queerphobia, racism (more so through the people, less so the book), and other such things, but I suppose that’s only a matter of time really.

1 Like

Dont forget these are military generals ! They command thousands upon thousands, imagine now you have the head of the Russian militry in your lounge, do you think he would be very direct or do you think he would be all vague, fluffy and nice.

I think we forget who we are dealing with and it is a matter of respect - if you are calling the leading angels of the divine, for the purpose of hoping walmart has your colour of tshirt iny our size, Imagine it would be hard

that and if you are so far down one path and asking for antoher not possible on your path, they DO have the power to cancel all progress n that ares and bring you back up to the surface, a level playing field to begin and guide int he direction you do want. IF you swing pillar to post, mix things up too much dont expect a nice answer or soft touch - example, imagine the head of the usa military and russian for tea, how would that go? Silly idea if you ask me

Lets not be naive here, they are not on the same team, regardless what you experience in your lounge - you will be told to stop using that demonic shit by an angel if youre using it to call them forward, they know we dont have all the answers so they know we make mistakes, that is the point. If you get on your high horse about how amazing you are and godlike, you think youre going to get much help from divine sources? Only out of love and compassion, or maybe to teach a lesson so you drop it

I see so many who go down paths with a set mind, and say they are free, but only their way… only to have a hard time.

2 Likes

Well said :laughing:

1 Like

Honestly, I’ve been trying to avoid terms search as “demon” or “angel,” because they’re all pretty much the same, but on another note, individually not. Spirits is honestly more like it, as I’ve come to find that it prevents previous connotations from crossing over- especially if you’ve been taught all your life that demons are bad, angels are good.

2 Likes

Angels are still given authority to appear as scary or as welcoming as they see fit. They have the whole breadth of skillsets at their disposal. They can arrive as the angel of (your) death, they can appear dark, as a warning, they can appear darkest to frighten even those who seek and thrive in dark… “i can be darker than you, I can be lighter than you” I can only imagine they have appeared to those in a way they did not like because they were making enemies or taking liberties.

3 Likes

Imagine for a second, things that come from a source we know nothing of, who’s distinctions be like between individuals here on Earth. They dont have a fixed form, they can originate from wherever they claim to hail from but what does it matter, you will beleive it or u will think nothing of it just to do what u sought to do (because we dont summon them to make drinking buddies or picnic) .

We come up with classifications based on what they say they are, and what they do, and how they do it. What i’m building up to more or less is a critique on our declaration of understanding the disincarnate…What if these things, all of them are all one thing, being shaped into the template of a name or sigil, enns and whatnot before we summon them? How would we know?

How would we know the same thing isn’t responsible for UFOs or what ppl experience as aliens (John Keel’s Operation Trojan Horse gives much to reflect on the ufological matter, and mentioning ufology seems like a jumb but the greys and reptilians can be summoned, although they dont linger for long) How do we know, we aren’t the biggest running joke to be toyed with from another intelligence that is quite schizoprenic in nature???

Because one channels it, because the entity evoked says a, b, or c doesn’t make it so…it just makes the practitioner a bit of a sucker for eating it all up.

2 Likes

There’s a great myth out there where Wisdom contemplated the unknowable god and although she thought she understood – she created an abortion. A distorted reflection where she didn’t foresee that only working with her limited perception would give her limited understanding.

I don’t try to limit myself with “this is definitely true” and “this is definitely not true” due to personal experiences and countless examples throughout history of people strong in their convictions being wrong. It’s still worth knowing all of the pieces because it is only an illusion they are separate. Like a 1,000 piece puzzle, you can’t have a whole picture by only interacting with half of the pieces. @JamoR72

1 Like

nice idea, but zero wars have been optional, i dont remember anyone going “hmm, now do i join the nazis or the americans… hmm… let me get you both around a table so i can make a decision.”

It doesnt work like that, this is ultimately a battle for souls. You are on stage. It;s a mind game or worthlessness and two options, build yourself by powers resenting the divine as you dont need it, or being rescued by divine admitting you are just human.
Are they so proud they feel they can build themselves up to being godlike, or do they say “yep, im shit, imperfect, you’re wiser” and lean on the divine whos says “you are authorised to use my power instead, the hard work is done for you”.

each side, has their army generals.

The reason I post as i do is because I do not trust others AT ALL, this extends to all beings of wisdom, inclusive of spirits because nothing has any obligation to tell us the truth. There are technologies where u can induce in some target certain experiences…I need to discern what is really what with as much accuracy and precision as possible. That be part of the fun honestly.

It’s not a limit, rather the key to breaking the limits lies in the most precise and accurate interpretation of the experience, and any data of all creature, that another human being writes. In an occult book, grimmiore, u will always find techniques that do work, some that dont, commonly known information, lies (blatant and purposeful ) , and truths hidden by what is NOT written but hinted at (read between the lines is necessary here) … Humans and the entities they serve or work with have reasons for concealing , hiding certain things; the worthy break the code…

For me this is all about the data…and the question of what is what is an information issue…

The “war” as some see it is a half truth. If u beleive theres a war between them, they have u hooked on the worm. The war is a war of data…U call bs when its there, u pass.

1 Like

Humans will be humans…

If u seek profit, you best entertain them by making things that aren’t human have human -like attributes to keep audiences spending money…because our species can not see past itself (i no exception) and becomes indifferent if we dont affix human attributes and human drama to it…

What if angels and demons prject to humans a war of armies, meanwhile Michael and Lucifer are playing a game of handball…which is too human…Maybe they are having a mild intellectual debate over the efficacy of how tetrahedrons hold energy and adjusting the information density per plank length .(something that would go over human heads probably) …so a discussion between two giants so massive to humans would seem to us like a war of heavens and hell…completely misconstruing everything…

I can somehow see both sides gambling to see when the humans will destroy one another or something…we by nature see two dots and a line and our brain makes it into a face. A simple pattern becomes a real face we empathize with…Our brains would do the same in interpreting the infernal divine and divine…Who said they were warring? Where did humans get the data that one group of ultraterrestrials were battling the other???

Lol you have this odd low view of yourself/humans, it’s interesting but kind of common among people who roam LHP communities. :thinking: like assuming humans created this and that, that these beings for some odd reason can’t have done these things before humanity.

Yes, there are Celestials. Spirits are real. Gods are fakes. There are no gods other than to humans. Chaos is us. Apophis and Satan refer to humanity. We are reviled as chaos because the ‘gods’ are hive mind insects that manage us for food. Yahweh is a hybrid from the bugs. The bugs lease the personas of higher spirits to harvest us. The lessors get a cut of the profit. Ugly, huh?

1 Like

I dont see where humankind is important in all of this. I will not look down on humans. As a species the human beings are a more than worth adversary to be respected…However, I can see into the human heart, and there are holes within our perceptual faculties. This human form of mine included in sharing some of the limits of the mind as a whole, because it is…human.

Human perception is constrained to movement, entropy, linear time, rate of change. Human perception has (think the number is 22) senses which no matter the number in science, be constrained to the perceptual illusion of 3 spatial dimensions…

A spirit is not bound to time, 3 spatial dimensions, and we have no clue how many dimensions, we are dealing with…Note if some of what string theory brings up is true, we are 2 dimensional and arranged in such a manner as to give the illusion of 3 spatial dimensions…

So hows a human with such constraints going to acquire accurate information???If it be a choice between taking the classifications as is or making my own, i’d chose the later.

Satan is not humanity. Apophis is not humanity…Humanity will be crushed, Satan and Apophysis will look down, laugh and simultaneously move on to the other intelligences because they be not constrained by LINEAR TIME…Humankind has less than 38 years…none survive

demons see people and themselves as gods, they always talk about why we should manifest our will as gods, they see god inside of us. i dont see angels this way