What’s the Best time to cast a spell or evoke and why?

I hear that the best time to cast a spell or evoke is between 12am-3am. Is this true? Why? Thanks!

At night time, yes. First of all because of the energies, and because in usually this is the right time to be able to work without getting disturbed by someone else (the night is also quieter than the daytime).

But there are some Deities whom are prefer to work at daytime, it is depends on Them.

4 Likes

I agree with Nagash there. At night especially towards or after midnight, it is usually much quieter and you’re likely not to be disturbed hence focusing on the ritual is much easier. And certain spells targeted towards individuals will have a greater impact when they’re asleep because they will be more susceptible at that time. There are beliefs by some that 3 a.m. is a time when demons are quite active so some people prefer doing their rituals at this time.

1 Like

Thank you so much!!

1 Like

I’ve been working with Samael, Lilith, Azazel, Lucifer…I have been evoking them without that circle on the floor or the triangle. I’ve been having lotta good luck lately with business relationships…

1 Like

I’ve done all my Magick during daytime and have gotten good results !

3 Likes

Magick can be done at any time of day or night.

Most people prefer night because, as has already been noted above, there is less distraction and psychic interference. Night has also traditionally been seen as more mysterious and magical due to the fact that every day objects take on different shapes in the shadows, and it is also the time humans are most vulnerable to predators so our animal instincts perk up and our perceptions heighten.

However, there are indeed certain hours that do seem to possess higher significance and power all their own that goes beyond merely being during the night or day. 3 AM is one such hour, and EA even did a video about how that particular hour holds a powerful energy. Another “power hour” is the hour of sunrise, which is seen as a sacred moment of alchemy, as one day transitions into the next.

6 Likes

The best time is when you have the time.

7 Likes

I was reading somewhere, and I don’t remember where but that specific time has less psychic interference. As you work through your day time, everyone else around you is awake alert and emitting their psychic energy. Everyone around you constructs their version of their reality, All those ideas and opinions that are generated subtly affect how your day goes. It may not make major changes but it does make subtle ones. During those hours when most people are asleep, that would be a lot less psychic interference and the ability for you to focus more intently on your desires. I’m doing a little bit more research on that because I found it quite fascinating, and it makes sense to me

2 Likes

If your working with the spirits of the “nightside” - do it at night.

I generally go to bed around 10-11 on nights I do spirit work, and generally wake up around 2am and start the process. This works very well for me personally.

1 Like

Spirit work like what before you go to bed?

I’ve had good luck at twilight!

No, i go to bed and sleep for a few hours, and then get up and do my “work”.

The benefits are simple - its the dead of night,which I feel is an optimal time, and because ive slept for a little while, getting into a trance state is very easy because my mind has already been quieted from the nap.

It works for me.

1 Like

In my personal workings, I use planetary hours. I research and study the spirit or entity that I want to evoke and by using the planet that they are associated with, you can calculate the correct day and time in which to work with them. Same concept with spells, for example some spells have better results on a Saturday than a Tuesday. There are money spells that are particular to the placement of the moon, if the moon is full, waxing, waning and etc. There are so many different ways to approach Magick just in regards to timing. This is not to say that you won’t get results any other day or time, planetary hour is only a guide to what that particular spirit or entity is aligned with. Yes, there are times that are known as the witching hours. In the past I have read Midnight to 3 am and I have also seen 3 am to 5 am on occasion when doing research. Follow your intuition as you will only know what works best in your workings.

2 Likes

Yeah, sunrise which is the hour of Aries every morning from 6 AM to 8 AM

I hadn’t run across this before in my workings or spells that I have cast, thank you!