What I've Been Doing

Hey All,

The last time I started a thread, I was giving up on magick. Well, doing so seems to be harder than I first thought. Magick was always on my mind so I decided to start over, following some basics. I thought I’d give a short write up of what I’ve been doing and things that may have resulted from it.

For about twenty days, starting roughly in the middle of May, I took up a simple meditation practice, following my breath for 10-20 minutes twice a day, upon waking and before sleep. This has produced a greater emotional equilibrium and a less cluttered mind.

I continued the meditations, but two weeks ago I added more exercises to my day. Two hours after my morning meditations, I started performing the chakra exercise from Questing After Visions, and the Invocation of Inner Divinity posted by the lovely and gracious Lady Eva. Recently, upon pronouncing the invocation, I have had the impression that the entire multiverse is listening, and watching. I have also noticed that I feel off if I do not do the invocation. Just reading it, without the chakra exercise, still seems to set things right.

I have also been doing the Ah exercise, as well as the Blue Flame meditation, but I haven’t been as consistent with them. The Ah meditation usually gives me a headache. I have been doing no ritual in this time.

Now, something odd happened to me. Because I am on unemployment insurance, I have some hoops I have to jump through, and I have to attend workshops and such. Yesterday, I was in one such workshop, and the others present kept pulling the presenter off topic. This kind of thing usually makes me mildly annoyed because I just want to get through it and get out, but for some reason, I was struck with a great deal of anger. I didn’t know why, but there was a huge swelling of rage inside. I brought my awareness into the anger, and got the impression that everyone in the room was wasting their lives, and would be better served getting out and committing to some form of action. The anger immediately dissipated when we were allowed to leave.

So far, my life seems to have gained an equilibrium that it didn’t have before. Even my noisy neighbors have quieted considerably. I have been performing all exercises within my Universal Circle, except for the basic mediation.

3 Likes

That’s so cool to hear, thanks for the update - I was wondering how things were going for you! :slight_smile:

Nice that you got back on track with magick.

I always say, once you start practicing magick, you can never stop. You can go years without working magick and somehow it always finds it way back into your life, which is why I believe that magick finds you, not the other way around and when it chooses a person it expects you to keep at it, if not it will eat at you until you come back to it.

Glad to see that you are still with us DK.

There is something refreshing about getting back to basics right?

The rage i had couple years ago when i was on such a workshop manifested itself by me leaving there with doors swinging and never going back, but yeah… I know what you mean about giving up magic, and how its not so easy - but i also feel how the workshops are.- Being in such waste of time was making me depressed so i will never go back.

As I have been doing the Chakra exercise daily, I’ve recently started getting an awareness of my Chakra as spheres. I first noticed it a few days ago upon awakening. I was seated cross legged and starting my breath meditation when, in the back of my mind, I got a feeling of spheres aligned along my spine. Not disks or wheels but actual spheres.

Weird.

1 Like

[quote=“RavensAscent, post:3, topic:5555”]Nice that you got back on track with magick.

I always say, once you start practicing magick, you can never stop. You can go years without working magick and somehow it always finds it way back into your life, which is why I believe that magick finds you, not the other way around and when it chooses a person it expects you to keep at it, if not it will eat at you until you come back to it.[/quote]

This is the truth. I stopped for a few years, and always go back. It’s an attraction.