What is your favorite movie (that portraits the occult in some way)?

This topic was mostly created for the movie enthusiasts such as myself.

I’ve always been into horror movies, so I believe Hereditary that portraits King Paimon is definitely on my top 10 (I also believe it would be interesting to know what he thinks of the movie and how he was portrayed on it), I also love Suspiria but I guess it is mostly mythical.
But besides that, I believe lots of you would enjoy watching Love Witch at some point. It is sorta like watching an ego trip with a tragid end but… The movie itself is so beautiful that I believe it’s worth it.

8 Likes

What do you like about Hereditary? That movie was neither horrifying, nor entertaining. Just my own opinion.

I like The Devil Inside, it’s overall a good movie but it has a really shitty ending.

Another movies I like are

The Last Exorcism (2010)
The Conjuring
The Conjuring 2
The Exorcist (1973)
And a few more movies that are not in my head right now.

4 Likes

I love all of it, even the cheesy stuff that gets things wrong. Horror is the shit, or even just regular movies having occult elements.

Child’s Play
Wishmaster
Candyman
Insidious

2 Likes

I feel like the director was sorta of genius in creating tension without showing too much until the end (the end was the disappointing part to me). I’m also fond of the symbolism. There’s lots of subtle stuff that you would miss if you don’t stay alert (as the characters did and… Well, you’ve seen what happened).

Have you watched The Nun? According to you, is it worth watching?

2 Likes

I have… Well, if you’re up for the cheap horror movie thrills, yeah, but if you’re more into psychological horror… Not really.

4 Likes

Okay, what about The Hole in the ground (2019)?

1 Like

Damn, this one I haven’t watched yet, I’ll check it out soon enough. If you’re up for a nice horror movie (that unfortunately don’t have occult portrayed on it), I recommend watching Us. It’s from the same director of Get Out, so it is really creative and different from other horror movies in a sense.
If you want something with the occult on: the recent remake of Suspiria is really good. Also Phenomena by Dario Argento (but it is older).

3 Likes

Angel Heart 1986, Mickey Rourke and Robert De Niro.

Pretty much all of them. I love horror movies, especially ones with a paranormal/occult element.

4 Likes

america-sylvestershakehead-gif_be3c9cb3c20a6e53e98a75edd547f1fe

3 Likes

Mother! Darren Aronofsky

Oh yes I love horror. Didn’t like Hereditary. Maybe because it was so hyped up, it dissapointed.

A Dark Song
The Ninth Gate
The Blackcoat’s Daughter
Pyewacket
Suspiria

The Conspiracy
Eyes Wide Shut

Etc etc.

3 Likes

Valerie and her week of wonders :heart:

1 Like

Bram Stoker’s Dracula
Interview with a vampire
Queen of the damned
Constantine
The Exorcism of Emily Rose
The Rite
Devil’s Advocate
Eyes Wide Shot
Room 1408
White Noise

Probably those are my top 10 :slight_smile:

Edit : Add “Se7en” to that list :grinning:

7 Likes

As Above,So Below was very good.

3 Likes

I love all these. Emily Rose was good. That barn scene. :sob::shushing_face:

3 Likes

Yeah it was a sad true story… but still a very good movie, glad you like it :+1:

1 Like

I don’t think this has been said yet, but HELLRAISER, the entire series :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Devil’s advocate

2 Likes