What is Your Endgame?

Assuming you’re not fucking dead, where do you want to be in terms of magickal ability towards the end of your life or later on down the line when you think you’ve become sufficiently skilled to feel as though you feel like you’ve reached the extremely high-end goals of your magick when you first started out.

4 Likes

I feel that by the end of my occult studies I will be able to take on a new type of practice and know how to learn it myself.

What do you mean by, " A new type of practice"? Practicing what?

A new type of occult study, like kabbalah or witchcraft. I have trouble starting things, so I would like to be able to understand things straight from my source material

1 Like

In the simplest possible terms, try to imagine an overwhelmingly aggressive mixture of Beetlegeuse, and Rick Sanches.

5 Likes

Theosis. To become like God, bearing the image of the Son, Jesus.

1 Like

To reach a point where I’m the invisible puppeteer controlling a metaphorical empire that is my life. I hope to be able to call into my life whatever it is that and want, and to be able to cast out and destroy things when need be. Mastering the workings of both hands and achieving the connection with the higher self, the alchemical wedding, and as alchemical transformation from lead into gold.

4 Likes

What if you HAVE no endgame? You’re not worried about being your magickal ability, you just wanna learn stuff and… I dunno… do things? Or is that worrying about your magickal ability? What if you have the mother of all migraines and this makes it so you overthink such a simple question?

I think it would be very cool to be able to glance at something, have a thought, and thy will be done. I know you can get there. But the real question for me is: do I care ENOUGH to get to that level.

3 Likes

so what are you doing on here? Shouldn’t you be chanting the Jesus prayer and losing yourself in Hesychasm right now? Palamas is waiting for you…

1 Like

Something like Merlin.
Wise and whimsical, downing robes painted with the stars of the highest heavens!
A man who can traverse the astral’s in his very physical form!
A man who lives like a God, who walks among men. :waxing_crescent_moon::crystal_ball::waning_crescent_moon:

1 Like

Well, that’s a funny thing. It really depends on a personal interpretation/concept of what ‘god’ and Christ is.

If you look at ‘god’ as a source of creative force without judgment or even really consciousness (in the human appreciation of the word), and Christ as a title or level of mastery (The Christ) then it is not really too far of a stretch to see that the Christ was the ultimate Hermetecist. Now, would you consider Hermetics to be a poor school of magickal thought?

I can only speak for myself, but not everyone’s relationship with divinity is tainted by the misdirection of JCI’s human representatives.

Also consider that systems of magick based on JCI material (Kabbalah, Christian mysticism, etc.) are still using many common principles that ‘black magickians’ also use. A dog is a dog, but in ancient Mesopotamia, they had a word for dog that was obviously not dog. But a dog is still a dog, despite the word used to describe it. Magickal systems really are the same way. So understand that things like Qabbalistic teachings or working with allegedly Christian-based entities are just different ways of expressing similar ideas. It is there for grammatic structure.

There is also the factor of effectiveness. Everybody has a different mind, and for some, if you were raised in a certain belief system, sticking with a system of magick that resonates with that belief system can be a very effective way of bypassing certain hurdles, boosting the effectiveness of your actions.

6 Likes

Well said.

1 Like

@ashtkerr is here developing himself through his chosen path just like everyone else here. That’s what this place is for.

For me, there is no endgame. Cuz I can’t think of myself ever stopping personal development. If I have it in my mind that there is an endgame, then that means there is an end. I’m just going with my flow here, following what my soul is drawn to.

4 Likes

Don’t worry…Ash and I go back a little ways. I don’t think he’ll take offense at my little tongue -in-cheek tease and gentle dig in the ribs. It’s how us colonials relate to one another :wink:

4 Likes

Ha ha ha I mess with certain people like that to.

His is an interesting perspective for sure.

3 Likes

There is no endgame for me beyond evolution. This body will die and I will continue on practicing and growing and doing whatever the hell I feel like and forever evolving and growing stronger. Perhaps I will return for other incarnations here or make myself known as a new god to be worshiped for shits and giggles later on. I have all eternity to put my whimsy and power to play.

2 Likes

I feel that at the end of my life, I will be welcoming the next stage, the next life. Never satisfied, never done, never completed. I can’t see an end at all, only expansion and ascent further and further infinitely.

3 Likes

The Endgame is physical manifestation of the hellish power i have and will gain. Havinh Unlimited Power and bringing that into my Flesh.

Immortality.

I wanna be able to walk the earth in my body long after the rest of you are gone and chill on a hillside while i watch the fine women of the next century stroll on by.

Excuse the Demon in me lol

5 Likes

By the time I’m almost dead I would like to like to be able to make music play out of nowhere, music that goes with what I’m sayin, doin, or feelin. and change peoples states of consciousness by getting near them. Pretty much I want to be able to do anything.

1 Like

I feel that after I have mastered the ALL, I will create my own structures to experience out of infinite love for the flowering of cosmological totality and the experience of my own creation. I do not allow my limits to become the end, the end is the end that I create for myself in the cosmos.

3 Likes