What is it like to be an angel?

By his standards and yours.

I happen to think by a lot of peeps standards if they understand him, but then again, its my point of view

Exactly which further goes into my point that reality does not adhere to the whims of someone choice to sugarcoat the past and simply see the present lol.

That still doesn’t ignore my point lol, trust is a personal choice reality doesn’t care about personal whims. Humanity has always been this way, in many ways much worse than before materialism included.

I don’t really care for the concept of enlightenment atleast not in the way many cling to simply to ignore the state of things or to damn it.

3 Likes

ehhh, its my view on things

They are doing that now, too. Many choose not to listen. And many did not listen in the past.
Societies change, cultures change, people change. But humanity does not change.

1 Like

actually i think they mostly reside amongst the himalayas and other places away from society

I can see that but I’m speaking on reality not subjective choice of view lol. A person can have a view but in a topic about facts of how things were and are, personal view is placed aside. It’s like saying the skin doesnt exist even though it’s there but you choose to not believe it exists.

1 Like

Some monks actually shop in stores like walmart lol, I’ve met a few who came to my old job with satchels to buy food and such lol. They rarely spoke, some didn’t even know english well.

I’m in texas so even then I doubt it only happens here lol.

1 Like

Haha, monks shopping in walmart :rofl::joy:. Sorry I hear a bunch of stories about all the weirdos you’ll find in/at Walmart. This reminded me of that.

Why didn’t they know english well?

I don’t know, they were looking for something but I couldn’t understand them. It shows me that with modern times modern ways of doing things happen, in the past some people would bring monks food, now in modern times many do it themselves. How they get their money is beyond me though.

Only weird cases I’ve seen at walmart is a woman dressed as an elf and a woman in stripper clothing that’s as weird as I’ve gotten.

“Enlightened” people don’t always want to be seen.
They’re not only living in Himalaya area, why should they? That would mean there is only one way.
And that makes me remember young enthusiastic christian teenagers singing “One way, Jesus!” No thank you, I thought we left that behind.
Enlightened people can be found anywhere. In a monastery, or in a big city.

4 Likes

I was just thinking about the whole money issue. Seems like they’re secluded enough if they struggle with the local language.

1 Like

Oh please, you know how many signs (billboards) I’ve seen that say are trying to get people to go to church, or that “Christ is the way?”. Heck I’ve seem some that condemn sex and say that “Jesus is the only way to forgiveness” or something. Crazy stuff.

Not around me, but usually when going on road trips and when you get to the country side you see them.

I know right? And it’s just as crazy to believe buddhism is the only way, or only Lucifer can make you strong.

Diversity, people. This term is used so often nowadays, but yet so misunderstood.

To come back to OP’s question: How does it feel to be an angel? I don’t know. Even if I knew it once, I forgot.

3 Likes

Where have I said it’s the only way? Most real ebglightebed beings live away from society because they understand society cannot understand them in my opinion

1 Like

A lot of monasteries rely on donations.

1 Like

Most of the billboards I’ve seen seem to do more guilting people into joining the religion then anything. So not sure why someone would donate when their being called a sinner and that Jesus is the “only way”.

1 Like

When I become as one with the Angel of Lost Things, it’s like a hardcore bliss amd feeling of complete peace, it’s actually debilitating in terms of leading an ordinary life.

1 Like

Maybe it does not matter to them if they are understood by a majority or not. Maybe they understand society and therefore are able to live in it without being devoured by it.

3 Likes

maybe, but let me ask you, what happened to jesus when he went around teaching? the reactions in my opinion are not always so pleasant