What is damnation?

What does damnation mean? I ask because I’m interested in the black sun covenant and want to know what I’m getting into.

3 Likes

I’d say it would depend on who you ask. Ask a pious christian and she will tell you it’s burning in hell eternal. same thing of other religions, with their own variations, of course.

But a raised secular like myself would say it is when you are trapping yourself in your own mind with detrimental belief systems and struggle to break free from them. “The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.” Been there done that.

So yeah, it would depend on who you ask and their beliefs, your own beliefs about it, and the context.

What is it about the black sun covenant that intrigues you?

5 Likes

Hiya OP! Unless the group you’re looking to join tells you about what it calls ‘damnation’, I’d say get out of there! In badly designed or autocannibalistic groups, such as most ‘black magic covens’, they rely on pre-programming/your inference of the meaning in order to roofie and rape your energy. Some people plan this intentionally, and the ones that don’t get used like passenger pigeons!

No collective, title, or easily-accessible information is worth becoming a moldy rag for! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

assuming u can completely banish the negative connotation of the word from your subconscious, damnation can be viewed as a good thing, ie: breaking away from or transcending all limitations imposed on yourself by external forces (in many cases, this perception of damnation manifests as “to be forever separated from the tyranny of yhvh/god/demiurge/etc” and can be useful in the process of self-deification)

2 Likes

Hi there! One problem I see with that strat is that it isn’t really possible to eliminate all subconscious associations with a word, and words have power irrespective of how they’re personally related to. A word like ‘damnation’ which has been built up through centuries if not millennia of (harmful) connotations, so even if someone wipes the word clean from themselves, a re-introduction of it to awareness via sensory perceptions will bring the associated energies into your reality tunnel directly! It’s like trying not to think about something, you inevitably fail because you are still thinking about it by trying not to, and when that clicks your tunnel kinda relaxes the defense and drags the word deeper within you. It can be pretty scary stuff!

Deification doesn’t need to be painful, despite incessant infernal advertisements! :slight_smile:

1 Like

i strongly disagree

of course not, but all paths have their pros and cons

2 Likes

An individual might be able to erase all subconscious associations with a word and replace them, sure, but as a human being that individual would be tied into the ‘mass unconsvious’ or Spirit of Humanity, which is every thought and feeling ever thought and felt by a two-legger. This is why propaganda works, because it inseminates the SOH with thoughts and feelings aligned in a certain pattern. ‘Damnation’ has been subject to a longstanding propaganda campaign, so in this continuum, the associations are pretty much dominated by the propaganda. Recent and individual attempts to ‘take back’ the word are a part of the SOH too, but the propaganda controls much more of the concept than satanist movements.

I’m happy to see a disagreement! Everything I’m talking about is just what I’ve experienced. What makes you disagree?

Unless of course, you equal ‘damnation’ in this instance with ‘liberation’ - which will then be the dominant thought in your mind, no? At least that’s my point of view. I don’t mind being damned as such :stuck_out_tongue:

But I second the idea to watch out for autocannibalistic groups designed to prey on it’s initiates (that’s such a great term by the way!).

@Wanderer9 Try to gather as much information about this group as possible before committing anything to them. Tread lightly, and carry a big stick.

3 Likes

i strongly agree :wink:

1 Like

I get how the association is supposed to be formed, but every time I meet someone who talks about it, they get weird spiritual problems- its as if they are more prone to not pinpointing the root of their challenges. I started out ‘deep in the devil’ as some might say, and thought I- and the magic I was doing- was the shit, when really we both were shit!

Balance and exploration helped me out, and they seem to just make everybody better at magic in general. Spirituality is curiosity, after all! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for all the replies.

@Qayos It’s not a group, I’m not thinking of joining any cannibalistic covens, I’m referring to this - Black Sun Covenant | E.A. Koetting & Kurtis Joseph | Become A Living God

Basically a pact with Lucifer-Amaymon where he mentors you. Done by E.A. and Kurtis Joseph.

@anon41400377 I doubt they mean the usual idea of burning in a lake of fire while getting a pitchfork in the rectum for eternity. Can’t see them agreeing to that. I’m interested because learning from and getting gifts from Lucifer himself sounds pretty great. And 500$ is affordable, especially with evocations I plan on to make it more affordable.

@anon27714670 I have no idea what to think about it, if it means breaking free of limitations or liberation I’m good with it, just don’t want some variation of an eternity of suffering.

3 Likes

Damnation, in the spiritual context that EA uses it, is explained pretty well in the Book of Azazel, in relation to the Lake of Fire ritual. What it basically means, is that you are “beyond redemption,” meaning you, and only you, are responsible for your own rise or fall. No one, not Jesus, not “God” and not the Archangels, will come to pull your ass out of the fire, so to speak. You become your own redeemer.

There is no eternity of suffering, unless you’re into that kind of thing :slight_smile:

4 Likes

change your belief, change your world :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

A Christian construct - next

Even when I was a christoid flame thrower I never could find anything or internally even accept the concept of ‘damnation’… for the most part, it simply means to 'Stop progress", no hell , fire pitchforks or bullshit- The only purpose for the concept is to scare the ignorant. After all, how do you “Damn” a “God” ? Which anyone in a skin suit is- just my opinion

sorcery does a big deal of it’s actions with overcoming limitations, breaking borders and getting out of your own way.
Damnation helps there, becouse knowing a guilt and non-vorgiving towards yourself, by yourself, allows to manipulate and change Energys in your life.

Knowing Pain, Suffering and problems makes it much more easy to push those energies into others and take control of them. for one example.

Damnation also refers to the forbidden nature of some of this workings.
Enemys of Church, going back a few hundret years, had been executed if found guilty of demonoligy.

Sincerely,

¥’Berion

1 Like

@HermesHorse If its a Christian concept why does E.A. mention it? And say the gatekeepers mention it?

@Frater_Dark_Matter Why would he charge 500$ to stop my progress? Especially since he will receive it too. Why would he stop his own progress by accepting damnation? I doubt the Christian interpretation of that word is true. Trying to figure out what will happen if I receive damnation/mark of damnation.
@DarkestKnight If you don’t mind can you please elaborate more? Do you mean that spiritual forces won’t help me if I ask? What “fire”(bad stuff/consequences) will I be getting myself into?

Just watched the live chat E.A. did and he said he doesn’t know exactly what it means either. Just that receiving Lucifer-Amaymon’s mark of damnation helps open the third eye or something like that.

No, what it means is that you are not dependent on currying the favour of a so called higher power in order to spiritually Ascend.

For example, the Church teaches that, in order to be redeemed by Jesus, you have to confess your sins and admit your errors, and attain forgiveness for being human. That is redemption by an outside force, redemption being the state of “acceptance” by God and Jesus.

To be your own redeemer means you are governed only by the rules and value system you set for yourself. We humans have so many conflicting desires that we are pulled in many directions, but we gain power when we are externally consistent in behavior with what beliefs we hold internally, rather than what we are told by some authority or another.

Fire, as in the Lake of Fire ritual, is not “bad stuff/consequences,” but an alchemical process that “burns” away the external strings attached to you by outside forces, and aids in orienting you to your greater being, the Godself that lies within. The term “fire” is simply a metaphor to help explain what is happening, but, just like coming to terms with the aspects of your character you think are negative or “bad” through therapy or shadow work, the alchemical process of Damnation is not easy or pain free.

Damnation is simply coming to terms with the fact that you are God, and therefore cannot be redeemed by anything but Yourself. The term is taken from Christianity where anything that is deemed to be outside of, or in rejection of, God and his rules (or rather, the Church’s rules), is seen as a bad thing and thus “damned.”

You could call the process by another term if you wanted to. Damnation is just a concept that people can grasp.

5 Likes

Thank you I think I get it now.

1 Like

No pain, no gain. In other words.

2 Likes