What is a soul?

Weird question right? But when I thought about it I realized I really didn’t know what it was or where one could look to understand it more

I was thinking specifically about what the difference between the soul and the higher self was as well as where our souls are on us while we’re alive and how it relates to our 3 bodies if it does at all

2 Likes

Is there a difference between the soul and higher self? I don’t believe so.

1 Like

Makes sense, thanks famalam

1 Like

Here’s how I see it: the soul/higher self is what we really are, and the body is a vehicle.

3 Likes

Your spirit is your life force, the core of your existence that takes the shape of a human being. The soul is the combination of experiences that this spirit, in that individual form, gains in your life time. It’s a different state for the spirit, not a different thing.

The higher self is the ideal version of your soul. The perfect version of things that you experience. that includes thoughts, emotions and events etc Once you experience something, a “perfect version” of it is stored in your deep mind. As you gain more experience, the higher self also gains more experience. As well as the lower self, which is more selfish and ego based. It stores how things should be, if they only worked out for your benefit, to satisfy your desires, and instincts.

Because the higher and lower selves are more … subconscious. They have access to the collective consciousness which stores the overall experience of the species. And the individual can benefit from that when this knowledge is needed.

That’s my opinion. Hope it helps.

4 Likes

I would ask king paimon that question if you know how to convene with demons he is very knowledgeable

3 Likes

What is a soul?

It is delicious.

6 Likes

I don’t believe everyone has higher selves so for some I suppose the soul is their higher self however, for me me my soul is an amalgamation of the source/divinity I came from and the elemental energy that flows through my energy system of course over time it also gets a mixture of experiences and memories thrown in there from each possible lifetime.

2 Likes

@PrinceX

I think you explained this perfectly thank you

2 Likes

Owo

1 Like

So the soul and higher self can be different? I’m not sure I really understood what you said

How does the lower self differ from us in our day to day lives if it is ego driven? Shouldn’t the higher self take over the subconscious ego as well?

1 Like

The higher and lower selves are part of the self. They’re always there but remain subconscious. Ever felt rage and hate in an intense fight with someone? That’s your order for the lower self to unleash it’s existence over the self.

The same happens with the higher self. They should not take over on their own… they must be called or asked or awakened. The Kahuna, guardians of the secret, knew that and it’s part of their magickal system which engages the three levels of consciousness or self. The higher, middle and lower selves. I suggest you read : The Secret Science Behind Miracles, by Max Freedom Long. If you didn’t read it already. I think you’ll find it interesting.

The book is a good read, but unfortunately the system itself is not complete because the Kahuna didn’t teach Max Long how to use Mana or Chi energy, so they kept that part from him. therefore the system as its outlined in the book won’t work and he mentions that himself. Still a wonderful book to read about this subject.

2 Likes

No more like for some the higher self is a higher aspect of themselves their soul their entirety that plans their lives out before they are even born and so forth of course their actions might be different depending on who you speak with but I don’t believe in the concept of the higher self in that aspect or the oversoul.

1 Like

I’ll definitely check it out thanks for the recommendation!

1 Like

I think of the soul as your subconscious and your high self as your superconscious (what hypnotists call ‘place in the mind’).

But ymmv and nobody knows for sure, so keep asking the question and find an answer that makes sense to you.

1 Like

I talked a little about higher selves in this thread:

Going of what I’ve learned while practising necromancy, the human soul is just energy that the organism draws in over the course of its life. It’s thoughts, experiences and will alter this energy ( in much the same way we draw in energy and grant it a purpose, during a ritual ). Upon death, this energy leaves the corpse and flows back into the world, where the experiences it was charged with slowly fade.
I believe there is a difference between moral and immortal souls. Creatures such as demons aren’t mortal and they are their souls. The immortal soul can then be incarnated into a physical body.

2 Likes

That makes the most sense. The energy drawn in is a lot like sānbǎo (the 3 Treasures) in Taoism. Also, the separation of the ascending spirit soul and descending temporal soul, and dissolution of the temporal into the separate elements is explained in that way in both Santeria and Kabbalism.

1 Like

Most necromancers say the entities in necromancy are shades and that you are not really communicating with a real dead person. Just the body of energy they left behind. Anyway most agree that the soul is immortal, but many don’t agree that the spirit is. There is a difference between the energy body of a human(etheric,astral and other bodies) and the soul. The soul is a mix of all your past lives and according to most is immortal.

3 Likes

Spirit and soul is the same thing. They’re literally synonymous with one another. What’s left over is residual energy that can’t talk or even recognize you as it’s just lingering energy caught in a loop, a kinda of intense fingerprint. The energy body is just something the soul can use to interact with other planes and such in my opinion. However, while I believe the soul is semi immortal in the sense that it cannot die of old age and so forth. Although I do believe it can be destroyed not in the sense of completely nonexistent anymore. But more in the sense that the soul is still energy and energy can it be created nor destroyed simply changed. So by destroy I mean if a being eats a soul the soul becomes food and is no longer a soul, or if you break down a soul/basically attacking it over and over it could cease to exist as a conscious soul and end up ambient energy etc.

3 Likes