What is a Pact?

Updated

[quote=“Nik01, post:1, topic:1321”]Hey guys
What exactly is a pact and what covers it?
I’ve read EA’s description in the BOA, and then about the pact with Astaroth, which revealed that the original pact never really ended.

If I entered into a pact, would I still be bound to the entity after the agreed amount of time and if so, would I still be bound to the entity after I pass away?

One thing I value is freedom, would getting into a pact compromise this for me?

Nik[/quote]

It would only compromise your freedom if you make the pact in a dumb way

http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/mastering-evocation-omnipotence/whoah-there-the-movie/

Beyond that, you do need to be careful when making these, because even if you try to make a pact in your favor if you don’t think things through enough you can end up getting screwed. In other words you need to think like a lawyer.

When you think like a lawyer, what happens is that . . the system…always ends up fucking in you in the arse :wink:

Are you sure about that? Are you sure it isn’t the exact opposite of that thing you just said?

Yes i am quite sure, because above the lawyers there is an entire judicial system, not to speak of governments and persons of power.

The " pacts " the lawyers make only work because both parts agree…now if one of the parts doesn’t agree…the lawyer can’t do much…then the system solves it out.

So Sunas your saying if you went to court you would prefer not to have a lawyer then? Because that’s pretty much what your saying.

If i went to court its because the system was about to fuck me in the arse

Make pacts, make allies …just be smart.

“Yes i am quite sure, because above the lawyers there is an entire judicial system, not to speak of governments and persons of power.”

Similarly, in a Pact there is an ancient and quite powerful demon on one side, and a magician who has assumed the mantle of a Living God on the other. If both sides agree (which is indeed the very nature of the Pact, and it could not take place if both sides did not agree), then both sides are bound to their oaths. Also, there is a system of power in place that makes the signing of the pact a binding agreement, and so if either party were to default on the pact, not only would they suffer the consequences at the hands of the other party, but would literally have all of the hosts of the astral plane turn against them.

[quote=“E.A., post:10, topic:1321”]“Yes i am quite sure, because above the lawyers there is an entire judicial system, not to speak of governments and persons of power.”

Similarly, in a Pact there is an ancient and quite powerful demon on one side, and a magician who has assumed the mantle of a Living God on the other. If both sides agree (which is indeed the very nature of the Pact, and it could not take place if both sides did not agree), then both sides are bound to their oaths. Also, there is a system of power in place that makes the signing of the pact a binding agreement, and so if either party were to default on the pact, not only would they suffer the consequences at the hands of the other party, but would literally have all of the hosts of the astral plane turn against them.[/quote]
And with that, my fears are dispelled!

I might add, as someone who has been in the Defendant’s chair in a courtroom more times than I can count, having a competent (and expensive) attorney vs. having no attorney or a worthless one who doesn’t understand the nature of the game makes the difference between spending time in a cell, or spending a few hours in a courtroom and then walking out with minimal repercussions. It took me at least 5 or 6 occasions of sitting in a bunk in lockup before I figured out that a good attorney is worth what they charge, because they understand that it’s a game, and they know how to play it very well.

Now, at this juncture, you might be asking yourself, “Why, E.A., you’re a pretty smart fellow… why not just stop breaking the law?” To which I must earnestly reply: “Hahahahaha… hahahahahaha… hahahahaha!”

Best

I have question though…so if i made a pact…if it actually was made, how can i be sure that it actually exists ? Its just that. . i tried summoning a succubus and kind of ended up with a Ondine ( or so someone said in here ) if that is the case, then i probably wasn’t speaking with Lilith , but instead with ( The Goddess of the sea ? ) Is it possible that i made a pact with her without even knowing it was her ? How can i be sure of any of this ?

HAH! Epic!

E.A. In another threath I described how I failed for a month or so to live up to my part of the pact with Azazel. I got distracted and literally neglected the pact. yet, nothing bad happened to me and no one turned against me. I didn’t suffer any consequences. After a good month or so I pulled myself together and evoked Azazel; I was actually quite surprised that nothing bad happened. I quote the words of Azazel when I asked him about this: “As long as you live up to your part of the deal, then so will I. But if you don’t, then neither will I. All you accomplish by not keeping your part of the pact is that you slow down your own ascent”. Is this then rather exceptional?

Someone seems to have lost their confidence.

I guess it wasn’t my confidence, as i was never really a confident person :wink: you can ask that to anyone that truly knows me…

"As long as you live up to your part of the deal, then so will I. But if you     
 don't, then neither will I. All you accomplish by not keeping your part of the
 pact is that you slow down your own ascent". Is this then rather 
 exceptional?

This is actually a pretty cool situation, because your pact is acting like a guiding covenant, which is great. Why it turned out this way for you, I think, would have a lot to do with what exactly you wanted to get out of the pact, but also is tied into what you personally needed in the pact and relationship. A strong hand wouldn’t have helped you along nearly as much as patience. Azazel particularly understands this about you, I think.

Whereas, in my case when I even thought about breaking the terms of the Pact with Azazel, my chalice was thrown across the room by an invisible hand to let me know that I was not alone, that I was being watched, and that the violation of the pact would not be tolerated. That worked best for me, especially because I was in crisis-resolution mode, and the sudden and undeniable poltergeist activity was what I needed to come back to a sense of Certainty in the benefits of the Pact!

You are spot on, E.A. A strong hand would not have been the way because I have a serious problem with authority and I revolt quite fast. It would not be the first time that I give my middlefinger to Azazel (happened before the pact). I need my space and my own pace. Even with my wife,… before we actually engaged I agreed to it but only on my terms: I want to give this relationship a chance but on one condition: don’t take my freedom away. Then I have no problem with keeping my promises and I sure as hell do keep 'em now. A word is a word and a man is measured by the value of his word. But I do have a certain kind of personality and forcing me only pushes me away, even when I deal with a Grand Demon. Yes, Azazel knows me very well!
Thanks for the input and your insight.