What happens if I put a servitor inside an animal?

For example, if I create a servitor and have it infiltrated into a snake egg to usurp the body of the animal that will be born, is it possible for me to make the animal a familiar ? Can it act both physically and spiritually?

2 Likes

Not sure, but my feeling is the animal’s sentient will is still going to belong to a spirit that is not your familiar, would take preeminence and effectively absorb the servitor.

You might want to find an actual spirit familiar and ask them if they can/want to do this, and work with them on the idea. Probably would be ideal to have them working on it before the egg is fertilized so they can incarnate into it from the get go and avoid a battle for the body.

6 Likes

But the battle for the body is the best part.

1 Like

You won’t have found a hack to get a spirit you can communicate with without developing your senses if that’s the intention, if it was that simple everyone would have been doing it for centuries, and magick and knowledge of spiritual beings would not have been so (relatively) easy to suppress.

This post by E.A. Koetting might interest you: What Do YOU Want To See In The Mastering Evocation Program? - #71 by E.A

5 Likes

Kind of I guess. I don’t consider familiars something you can make. As for the Spirit taking the body, it’s a hit or miss since there is already a spirit in the body.
You also have to be okay with basically killing that animal’s spirit.

You could just try to communicate with the spirit that is already there.

1 Like

Don’t know. But damned interesting experiment. You get an “A” for ingenuity whether it works or not.

2 Likes

Each to their own. I do stop caring about free will when the target is not an innocent. And I have a soft spot for animals; animal torture makes me vindictive.

5 Likes

I agree, but at the same time, the point which the spirit forms is before the body is developed completely, so isn’t it more natural to let the stronger spirit win out?

1 Like

Being formed and being hatched are two different things though.
I haven’t made up my mind about when the spirit descends yet but I personally feel it’s during gestation, at a minimum least as soon as the baby can live outside the egg.

I suspect it varies but could be as soon as fertilisation happens, and I expect that would be up to the spirit and the type of animal really - I think there’s definitely the possibility that the spirit is already standing by waiting for the vessel to be energetically capable of housing it. The Norse state 9 weeks gestation for humans (I think, I’d have to check). So a snake would be a lot sooner.

I imagine getting queue jumped like that would be very disappointing, and for humans could lead to cases of haunting.

3 Likes

thank you @Mulberry @Lady_Eva @anon48957109 @Anziel_Merkaba this actually went through my mind more like an experiment that I could take as a basis to then develop something more powerful. As much as I can not communicate with spirits yet, that was not the reason I wanted to do this (at least, not the main one). I think containing a spirit created by me, a familiar would be easier “domesticated”. In short, I was just trying to invent a new ritual for my grimoire. I ended up disregarding the soul part of the animal, although I still sound possible, as long as I give the instructions to the spirit.

2 Likes

I would think the opposite to be honest, I;m not trying to jump all over this but E.A.'s own cat attacked him, as he recounted in that post I linked, and spirits do not have the biddable kinds of nature many pets do, snakes may not be so biddable but a spirit bound into a snake may be outright malevolent.

4 Likes

Would you be so kind as to clarify or elaborate on this part a bit more.

Thank you as always Lady_Eva.

1 Like

Belial ain’t no puppy dawg ready to go fetch bones, for example; many spirits have nigh-on godlike power to alter events so expecting them to make obedient pets out of the body of an animal may backfire pretty badly.

5 Likes

Ah ok, I understand it much better now.

Thank you. :blush:

3 Likes

I realize now, as I said, it was just an idea that went through my mind, as something that could make the servitor somehow with a more instantaneous ability to interfere in matter.

1 Like

Would that even be possible? Interesting question. Putting one inside an object like a bit of jewelry etc…seems reasonable. The object has no soul or self awareness. It’s just a vessel or in this case a dwelling. A living creature that is self aware though - and probably has a soul?

Interesting idea. Interesting experiment. Would be interested to know if it is actually possible.

Hiya OP! This can be done after the animal’s death by deifiying them, which carries the bonus of making the creature into an ancestral spirit for you. If you do it while they’re alive, just fuse the mind of the animal and the spirit! Check to be sure you aren’t blowing anything up, but if you aren’t, mixing souls like that creates a powerful familial link between you and the now-familiar- any servitor you make and bind into manifest living minds is a child of you! :slight_smile:

IME the animal becomes less domesticated and willing to respond to your commands, but a more annoying pet in exchange for an extremely powerful, personal coworker? Sounds good to me! :slight_smile:

1 Like