What does being gay mean to you, spiritually?

That must be because it’s Judaism, Christianity, and Islam that established the death penalty for those found guilty of the “most abominable vice against nature” : stoning, precipitation (from a high rooftop), immolation by fire, hanging, beheading, etc.

Now, Judaism did evolve with the times. Homosexuality is legal in modern Israel, a Jewish State. Sure, not all Jews approve of it, and there are extremists such as Yishai Schlissel, an ultra-Orthodox Jew who murdered a teen girl, Shira Banki, at the 2005 Jerusalem Gay Pride Parade, but there was an evolution.

As for Christianity, I’d say there was a certain evolution in the West, though quite some hostility remains. By hostility, I’m referring to all those who advocate bogus conversion therapies (such as famous YouTubevangelist The Vigilant Christian Mario Brisson) and extremists such as Tireo, Pastor Steven Anderson, attorney Matthew Gregory McLaughlin and Theodore Shoebat who all admittedly want LGBTs MURDERED.

PROOF:

(Tireo approves of what Omar Mateen did at the Pulse nightclub, says God ordained Mateen to commit mass massacre.)

(Theodore Shoebat approves of Yishai Schlissel murdering that 16 yr-old girl and stabbing others.)

(Steven Anderson believes that murdering all gays is the “cure against AIDS”)

As for Islam… There are some LGBT-affirming groups, and not all Muslims disapprove of homosexuality. It’s just those most predominantly Muslim countries (about 37) still outlaw same-sex sexual relations, and it can escalate to flogging, imprisonment and even the death penalty (in more than ten countries).

And about 32 Christian countries do penalize homosexuality, one of which, Swaziland or Eswatini, officially punishes by death. The law of Eswatini may not be enforced on consenting adults, it’s still unacceptable and wrong. If they want to punish rape, why call it “homosexuality”? Think about it! If it’s in the books, they could legally choose to enforce at any moment they please.

4 Likes

India, a predominantly Hindu country of 1.3 billion inhabitants (with a very strong Muslim minority of 172 million), is only condemning homosexuality because of some ole Christian British colonial law, and Britain abrogated such sodomy laws in 1967.

That said, considering the path the UK has taken, I’m not even sure things will remain that way:

UK: Muslim preacher who has said he ‘does not believe in democracy’ and is ‘not obedient’ to secular law is working as an expert witness to British courts
If he decides on a career in politics, he could be elected Prime Minister.

4 Likes

Man I take a break for a few days and look what I miss, lol!

Well on to topic.

I wouldn’t say it makes me feel special. Though I would say it helps me to be more in tune with both the masculine and feminine, therefore being more balanced.

I would say being LGBTQ+ is very complex and effects an individual in many ways, probably even in ways we are yet to realize.

Well that’s my input for now. Hope to see where this goes.

5 Likes

Personally, I don’t believe in gay or straight. I believe everyone is bisexual - all on a spectrum.

Nevertheless, I have noticed that those that are attracted to the same sex have challenges different from those attracted to people of the opposite sex. Love and lust spells, for example. Or sexual tantric workings. These are usually geared towards a male-female assumption: how do you change it for male-male or female-female?

Plus there’s the homophobia. There’s still a good number of people that are uncomfortable with or very much opposed to the idea of same-sex attraction or pairing. Some of this is paraded as a concern about the violation of the basic duality of polarities of the universe, but I’m not sure how much that’s true or used as a smokescreen for prejudices.

Not to engage is reverse discrimination, but those that don’t identify strictly as straight seem to be able spiritually advance faster, only because they have to. Adversity is the crucible of purification and strengthening.

1 Like

it really doesn’t seem to make any difference for me. i guess its possible it does and i simply cant see it yet.

1 Like

For me this was very hard because of the strict Pentecostal upbringing. Accepting that I was gay was horrifying but a reality. The hard part was accepting that based on everything I’d been taught I was going to Hell. That was so scary. My pastor did NOT help when I turned to him for guidance. His advice to me was to listen to more Christian music. He then told members of the church and I was ridiculed right out the door. That hurt! I had been on shaky ground anyway after I refused to to burn my vintage Madonna music collection at the book/music burning ceremony. Yes, that actually still happens.

Being in a small rural Arkansas community that event still lingers and people will always talk. Being Southern of course no one says it to my face because that would be rude and unChristianly, but I hear it from those who tell me what’s being said. I now find myself stuck in the middle somewhere not sure where I belong and seeking my own path. I hold my head high and stare them all down. Sadly, there’s a part of me that holds a grudge and would like to curse them all. Especially seeing how hypocritical they are based on their own lives and actions. Liers, thieves, and adulterers. Ironically they find homosexuals to be lower than themselves. They actually believe that God hates the same people they hate.

Finding a forum and family like BALG has been a wonderful thing!

5 Likes

You ask a great question which has a simple and straight forward answer yet depending on how you view it, is also multifaceted and difficult to answer. What I’m saying is that it can be answered in multiple ways.

The short answer is: it doesn’t mean anything to me other than it helps me to understand and maintain a functional relationship with the people I care about. It doesn’t affect my ascent daily life or anything else because in the end sexual orientation and preference is a meaningless concept and debate. It just exist so why should it be a big deal which sexual and personal preference you have? Will another woman who loves a transgender give you a heart attack? Not likely unless you are such a rigid person that your blood vessels cloth due to your own rigidness.

The mor complex ander: as a bi - guy you get a lot of shit and thrash talk from a lot of people, even so called allies and friends. A common phrase I’ve heard: “well if you are into girls then why don’t you stick with that?” -or as a family member put it - “the society and it’a laws are based on the principle of family and of marriage between a man and a woman. You’ll run into problems if you choose to be with a person of the same sex, especially if you have options.” - to me this ludicrous so I have to live according to a norm to fit nicely into a near societal box? What if I want to be happy? Where does that part come in? According to the ideas presented above happiness is not necessary, as long as you conform to the norm you are good. So the social argument is: it’s better if you live together and “love” a person and remain unhappy and unfulfilled in life to live an ideal? If that’s the case it’a not only is that enslavement, it’s harmful psychologically, spiritually, mentally. It causes blockages, stress, anxiety, depression, along with never coming to a place a fullfilment - I think you get the idea.

However the part about being a bi and dating and having a relationship with a woman if the option is available to you - is actually a fair and logical question: however this is the part where love or at times care for a person comes in until it the said feelings for that person ends, if your heart and mind is in it wether it may be for a male or female or anything in between - why is it important? Is the easy and expected way always the way to go? Not always.Relationships are built on trust, care and empathy.

Thanks to my orientation I might be enjoying a certain kind of freedom unlike some members of the LBGTQ+ people. I still had to face adversity from myself and my surroundings and as a result I had to spread my wings and fly along the head-wind. There was and still is no other way to grow and be happy otherwise.

I can’t say being bi - didn’t screw up or messed with frienships and even grounded some gears within the LBGTQ+ community. What I found ironical in a way amusing - I found more comfort around heterosexual people most of the time, due to that they respected and accepted me more often than not, all of my personality didn’t define me by my preferences, although it still raise an eyebrow every now and then. Once upon a time I used to identify myself by my sexual orientation, I don’t anymore because of previously mentioned reasons. In conclusion what I am trying to say is this: the more you care about your gender and what norms and ideas that other people impose upon you, the less you will be able to ascend and more importantly be fulfilled as a person and as a being. Sexuality and gender in a way is meaningless to certain extent.

To note my heterosexual friends have loads of hardships as well. Sometimes just as nasty as those a lot of LBGTQ+ people experience like: expectations from friends, family, peers, etc. they are being assailed from all sides with expectations and behavioral demands. The only advantage I see being bi is that me being in middle ground of the norm - I have a strange ability to understand and empathize with both sides and most people in between due to my own struggles. It’s easier for me to have functional relationships with people because of what I’ve been though, as it has strengheted both my male and female sides, especially the empathy part developed through some of the said struggles along with my ascent for they go hand in hand these days.

To me my orientation in a way is a freedom but freedom in chains - that is if I allow myself to be consumed by it. If I don’t view it as a hinderence and don’t define and categorize myself by it and base my life around it - I am free in body, mind and spirit/soul.

I guess I was incarnated to prove to myself and others that limitations both to myself is meaningless, I had to learn and overcome them in this lifetime and thereby also being able to perhaps help or show others the way to help them cope as well. However I have yet to confirm this last part. - sorry for this last paragraph it’s off topic.

7 Likes

Well stated. The Bi category confuses the straights who are intent on labels. It also makes one a threat to some because they don’t know which you’ll go. Never be the spectator, always be the spectacle.

I’m gay but dated a woman once. I got shit from everyone for it. Even my mom was a little miffed at me. I had women ask me why I didn’t sleep with them instead of the older lady I was seeing. It all ended oddly.

5 Likes

I have read about this also in the Native American culture. They were revered sometimes as shamans.

3 Likes

I’m not a shaman but I’d totally date one. That could be a spiritual experience. I’ve partied with priests but that’s about it.

5 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Why did Atinama get suspended?

A guy can be “Lesbian” too ! It’s called “Male Lesbian”.
No it’s not a joke .

Huh? How does that work?

1 Like

So I had to look this up because it was a new term.

MALE LESBIAN
A male lesbian is a physiologically heteosexual male who wishes he’d been born a girl. He feels alienated by the social standards of gender roles. He may be a crossdresser or consider himself transgendered, but he is probably not transsexual. His ideal would be to be able to be his feminine self in a relationship with a biological female. If he is open about this, he may be ridiculed by both the gay and straight communities.

2 Likes

Yes we Exist !

2 Likes

Now I know too. I’d not heard of that before. The definition I gave came from a Google search. I learn something new every day on BALG.

4 Likes

Nice post. My girl and I have many male gay friends and I have a T shirt I wear when we go out that says I punch gaybashers in the face. No there is nothing wrong with it. That’s how you are. Don’t EVER let anyone make you feel bad. Some of my best friends are gay men and if I need something, they are on it.

2 Likes

Come on! There isn’t a lot of hate against us!
If you look at all the nice things people are saying in this thread and there is only 1 person saying something that you define as cruel.
That’s what we see in the world also. A few people that doesn’t like someone else to act differently but the rest is accepting and loving.
Don’t say that you belong to a minority that gets a lot of hate because that’s not true anymore unless you live in a Muslim country.
Most people doesn’t care if you are gay but they do want you to be happy.
Look around! There is a lot of hate but not just against gay people, life is hard for everyone!
No one is going to hit as hard as life it self!
It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Move forward.

1 Like

It’s a heavy trip they lay on gay people. That’s why I called bullshit. Saying someone is going to hell because they’re gay is like saying God made a mistake. Because life is hard enough no one is choosing that, no they’re born that way. I told my Sunday School teacher that one time and she nearly dropped her King James Bible lol…

1 Like

YES!! I agree. I always wondered how church could say that God doesn’t make mistakes and say that homosexuals are an abomination to God. I never felt too abominable. What, now I’m a freakin’ snowman?

2 Likes