What does "Archaelus" mean?

I would disagree with this. The name is as real as you want it to be. If you didn’t think the name in Wicca that you were “forced” to take wasn’t real, then no spirit would either because you didn’t build it into a true self.

True. Many public figure occultists have a “public” magical name, and a “secret” magical name known to only themselves and the spirits (and possibly those they may perform magick with). I currently have neither a made up magical name nor a “true” magical name, but generally just use my birth name.

3 Likes

Lol, forgot about those. This Grand-Arch titles are associated with Spirituality originating in the West (Middle east included) and every continent has its own signature of spirituality . It is used by both demons/angels, christian clergies. Maesters IN Game of thrones and OFcourse The KKK !!!

2 Likes

This thread Is making me wonder why (all the names I know or heard) a hard K or Ch sound to them even mine starts with Ak

1 Like

The clergy in ancient Greece was Priests, Seers and Mystics.

Mystics were actually priests but their job was to perform secret and sacred rites to/with a very few chosen people as well to initiate neophytes so they can become one day Mystics. For example in Eleusinian Mysteries the first few days were celebrated openly by everyone and for the rest days the Mystics (along with these few chosen people) would be withdrawn to a sacred place to perform their secret ceremonies.

Seers well…they’re oracles, and they didn’t had to follow a certain path, but there were some kinds of foretelling that were forbidden. Pythia in Delphi, was a “High Priestess” serving as a Seer.

As for priests there were:

Priest --> the one who runs the temple, usually their services were just for a year. Their job was to supervise and do the sacrifices to Gods and Heroes, ceremonies and offerings.

High Priest --> was the superior service officer or the King or the General in times of war. Same job as the Priest but above the Priest.

Lifetime Priests --> very rare title, usually was passing from one family member to another. Nothing different than the other 2, but they had some privileges such as better money, protection in times of war etc.

Priests, no matter what rank, never were “spiritual guides” but they did performed banishing and cleansing rituals. With the exception of the last one (Lifetime Priest), to be a Priest was accessible to everyone.

Edit: Nowdays as a Priest for the ancient Gods, you can be just a Priest or Priestess. The other 2 categories/titles (Lifetime and High) are not used anymore.

2 Likes

Interesting. The title of priest is present in EVERY spiritual tradition, irrespective of history and geography.

It seems priests have different ranks as senior and junior. Even in Catholicism , starting from the simple priest to the Pope himself, all fall under the category of being Priest. In India priesthood are supposed to be passed down from generation. Though it is said this is what made India a spiritual powerhouse, currently the system is completely messed up.

Even in LHP there is a need of priests. Heard Jason Miller recently got the title of priest by becoming the Head priest of the current St. Cyprian order , I think delegated by him personally.

It seems Becoming a priest/priestess isn’t a joke, it is quite a big achievement in any spiritual path!!!

Meeh personally I’m not interested, been there done that in 2 lifetimes lol

1 Like

WOW!!! U remember ur past lives???!!! :roll_eyes: WIll PM U later, to discuss. Hope u won’t mind.

1 Like

Not all of them, I’m not much interested currently to find out my past lives, some things just…happened :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Azazel gave me the name arianna … I don’t think it’s dark and sinister. He just said it suited me

3 Likes

A beautiful name, to be sure!

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I always thought that was your actual name lol :grinning:

I’ve always felt more connected to different names like Jacob, Max, etc.

1 Like

Azazel gave me this name right before I joined here. So when I made my account I used the name he gave me.

3 Likes

EA finally clarify the issue here: https://www.facebook.com/eakoetting/videos/629284364198209/

Thank you very much Mr. Koetting!

3 Likes

This is pretty cool explanation of his name :slight_smile:

2 Likes