What do you wish you knew before you started practising magick?

Dont take rash action and keep quite more i used be very open about being pagan and into occult and it cost me a lot socially and it even hurt me in advanceing at work
So my advice keep silence on everything
Read everything get hands on
And start a routine practice be small like lighting an incense offering asking for protection and impowerment or lbrp or a quick middle pillar exercise

1 Like

I’ve posted this before but I’ll post it again, because it’s incredibly important:
If your Magick isn’t fun you’re not doing it right!

Al.

10 Likes

Werd.

I wish i wouldve known the truth. EA Koetting figured it out. Armaggedon is already here and the end of times means the end of human beings as we know them.

Don’t confuse Magick with Ritual/Ceremonial Magick. Two different things.

Don’t just read – Do! If there’s one thing I fucking hate it’s up themselves armchair Magicians.

Learn and practice a banishing until you feel the power flowing and a change in atmosphere. This won’t happen after reading a ritual clenched on paper and doing it a few times. After that learn evoking.

Get yourself a Magickal Journal. Keep the entries short with details encoded.

Study style and apply it. As far as I’m aware, years ago the Temple of Set had a Tokyo temple. These were the only Magicians teaching the importance of mimicry.

Finally, don’t read anything posted by Uncle Al ever again. Promise me.

Al.

10 Likes

Imagination is everything! Well not everything but is very important in magickal ascent and is extremely useful.

Also fighting with people will only make you stronger (if you survive).

4 Likes

The main one I wish I’d realized earlier is just how easy it is to affect people inadvertantly once you develop any talent with this stuff.

1 Like
  1. Stick to one area of interest at a time
  2. Cleansing, banishing, and protection are very important.
  3. While intent is everything, correspondence matters.
4 Likes

Oh man don’t get me started.

I wish i had more of a sense of humor about this whole thing. Magick is often ridiculous. Sometimes all you can do is laugh at the crazy going on around you.

I wish i knew subconscious communication could solve problems i thought required ceremonial evocation to fix. I also wish i knew subconscious communication is superior to divination. My subconscious mind was underutilized in this work for years because i didn’t realize this. So many issues could have been solved easier without using magick at all, and so many other magickal operations could have been planned better if i had only known this at the time.

I wish i learned natural magick sooner. Natural magick does the trick when ceremonial work fails to deliver, and is much easier to do.

I wish i’d worked on my breathing and focus sooner, using a magick mirror. Such training would have better prepared me to do ceremonial evocations such as the ones in the Lemegeton’s Ars Goetia and Theurgia Goetia, or the Greater Key of Solomon.

I wish i knew the importance of using a good daily planner as a grimoire, and had the patience to go through a training course like Quareia.

But hey, you live and learn, right? Nobody does this shit perfectly. Making mistakes is important - don’t be afraid to fuckup big time. Those fuckups will be your best lessons.

5 Likes

How to keep an open mind and be willing to listen to the other forms and paths of magick out there and how to practise them

1 Like

This is mainly for evocation. Drop expectations at the door when working with spirits, as books only describe parts of these beings. Research is meant to help immerse yourself into the current of that spirit, not rule the entire experience.

As far as magic goes, follow the KISS philosophy. Over complex spells can easily backfire. Too much focus on the accessories are no substitute for the fundamentals (mediation skills, emotions, seeing the goal as obtainable, forgetting the spell afterwards, and fulfilling the physical work outside of the ritual area that fulfill the desired goal).

3 Likes