What do you know about the underworld?

I am quite new to the subject and I would like to know what you discovered about it. Is it really the realm of the demons and they rule it ? Are there really exist vampires?

There is no singular underworld, and all underworlds that exist follow their own rules. Most are chaotic and are in constant anarchy. Others have order, like the infernal empire.

Vampires do exist, and they have for a hell of a long time. The council of Vampires that Lilith leads is quite a good example of vampiric gods, but, there are also vampires who roam forgotten worlds for centuries like in stories. Though Dracule is not like what you would imagine, that’s for sure.

4 Likes

Vampires exist in the underworld I guess? And i guess also that the underworld belongs only to the.infernal gods?

Depends on the underworld. The oldest underworld in religion was of the Sumerians, ruled by Ereshkigal.

This is thousands of years before an “infernal” was invented, which is more modern and dates back to an idea of a lake of fire in one of the afterlives of the Egyptians.

Many religions underworlds have no fire, they are dark, dry and dusty, very boring really. The Norse Hel is like this, rules by Hel (same name), and is one of the 9 worlds.

There’sa post yesterday by Adam Thoth with a video that describes the Sumerian underworld and belielf about ghosts and how they got there, as it happens, you might like to check that out.

Vampires are another topic, not related to any inderworld directly. Vampirising someone is generally taken to mean “taking life force/emotional or other energy from a human or animal, including via blood drinking”, and is done by living humans as well as discarnates including it being the mo of parasites. Many kinds of spirits including human ghosts can take energy, it’s not a behaviour restricted to those in the underworlds, and obviously, a human ghosts haunting a place isn’t in the underworld, they’re “up” here anyway.

If you’d like to get way more detail than you may have ever wanted about how the “infernal” was invented through the religions and the comedy “Dantes Inferno”, I loved the book “The History of Hell”, which is a fun read and has a lot of historical artworks that explain it well.

5 Likes