What do you do after you become cynical?

“The perfect being, huh? There is no such thing as perfect in this world. That may sound cliché, but it’s the truth. The average person admires perfection and seeks to obtain it. But, what’s the point of achieving perfection? There is none. Nothing. Not a single thing. I loathe perfection! If something is perfect, then there is nothing left. There is no room for imagination. No place left for a person to gain additional knowledge or abilities. Do you know what that means? For scientists such as ourselves, perfection only brings despair. It is our job to create things more wonderful than anything before them, but never to obtain perfection. A scientist must be a person who finds ecstasy while suffering from that antimony. In short, the moment that foolishness left your mouth and reached my ears, you had already lost. Of course, that’s assuming you are a scientist”

― Tite Kubo & Mayuri Kurotsuchi

C.S. Joseph says I have way more room than I expect to act like a contemptuous and condescending jerk because bad publicity is good because it is publicity. I wish I had some statistics on this because I been holding back for a really long time, and I could have been doing debunk videos instead, and got views while also mistreating the audience.

you’re not supposed to by cynical. That ruins the fun of enjoying life. I mean you can if it makes you happy. Enjoy life. Watch Sadhguru’s stuff on youtube and you’ll get an idea of what i mean. it’s good content

I’m not, personally, and to strive beyond striving, maintaining and achieving, that is perfection.

I’m not a scientist, so I can experience life without boxing it up and selling it to a team of people.

1 Like

Getting my hopes up makes me miserable because reality won’t meet my expectations, and I’ll get mad at myself for the lack of control I have because it means I done something wrong.

For example, if I ran a ls command and then my hard drive got erased, I would be mad because that wasn’t anything close to what I was trying to do and I didn’t think to check if the command got aliased to rm -rf /.

Right. When you look at the results that most people get in life, you might want to re-think the whole “fitting in” thing.

4 Likes

only a very sad life cannot actually exist in what cannot be compromised, the infinite ecstasy that cannot be placed down. Even trees do it constantly, and life like you are unaware of it?

Yeah, I am unaware of it.

I am not a guru. I dont say things right, but perception is obvious. You are surrounded by life. Everything you know is dampered, so stop relying on it and start really experiencing. Just feel.

Just because the stuff around me is dampered doesn’t mean I can’t use it. I just have to correct for it to work toward my goals.

Unfortunately, at least around here, volunteer groups are non-existent during covid. But all I can say is this.

Imagine yourself like an electronic device and the encompassing world being the electrical grid. I believe that depression, anxiety, and cynicism is caused by losing that connection. We need to reconnect. The question is how and how long will it take that gets us.

I am very reluctant to give away any more labor for free, especially if I have to rely on references instead of portfolio deliverables because references forget and flake, and change their story.

If connecting involves me serving ingrates for free, I am better off working on developing my imagination.

It’s not necessarily about giving up free labor. It’s more about connecting to the people you’re working with. Unfortunately, any work situation can involve clique behavior. So, I do agree with you.

However, it’s more about satisfying to certain natural necessities. Such as connecting to a sense of community or working on your physical body. I can attest these things and others are very difficult because you’re basically putting yourself in uncomfortable and difficult situations. But that’s how you heal.

I am willing to put myself in uncomfortable and difficult situations for the sake of my growth, but I need 2 things so I can avoid throwing good labor after bad again.

1. Deliverables I can add to my Crash.co profile so I don’t have a hard time finding a decent place to work again
  2. An environment of people I can bounce thoughts off of so I can exercise my MBTI Te function so I can stay productive.

I tend to align with optimistic nihilism. I believe that everything is meaningless, and much of what we do is absurd. Rather than becoming cynical, this is what I think. “Everything is meaningless. So what? Fuck meaning. I am still capable of enjoying a fun dance, of making enjoyable art, and speaking to the few people I care about.”
What acts do you perform that are enjoyable? You can elect to enjoy things, without falling into cynicism.

I’d actually argue the opposite. I wake up cynical and convinced I’m gonna have a terrible day every morning. Here’s the trick though—you need to have a good ole fashioned open mind and ya gotta be comfortable w/ being wrong. I am sincerely surprised and often flabbergasted at how often things actually turn out way better than I initially think.
Starting positive often leaves you nowhere to go except down!

1 Like

I am having a hard time enjoying anything. I am mostly clinging to a routine I don’t really enjoy because I can’t figure out how to do better. I heard just be patient, one thing leads to another and it is bullshit in all cases. I still have goals I want to meet.

1 Like

Listen to some Les Brown You gotta be hungry. It might change your mindset and perspective. Its 30 mins on YT, That will get you started rewiring your mind. If you listen to similar positive messaging daily and stop watching the news and checking social media within 3 weeks I promise you if change nothing else. You will start to notice a change in not only your thoughts but your attitude towards any given situation.

Another big thing is gratititude. No matter how bad you got it, always remember someone out there has it worse and they are still moving forward. If they can, so can you.

I sent a friend who is an addict/active drug user some audio tapes/files to listen to and within 2 days he had himself a new job in a higher position than what he applied for. I try to bring positivity where ever I go now and share with others what has worked for me

It sounds cheesy but personal development and discipline start to eliminate cynicism. At least for me. I was in a very dark place for a long time. I have been reborn through the renewal of my mind. Not in a religious sense, even though it does have some beneficial spiritual aspects as well.

Guard the gateway to your mind and discard instead of dwelling on negative thoughts. The more you practice this consciously the better you get. You also begin to master your emotions. I have seemed to be able to do this very well with everyone, except my mother lol, Still working on that.

But personal developments may sound new age or what have you but it’s not. It was known very well by the ancients. When one master’s their mind and emotions anything is possible. At least that’s what I’ve been led to believe.

Good luck to you and keep your head up. As they say this to shall pass.

1 Like

I didn’t see you were having trouble getting paid by clients. I recently got scammed on 2 weeks of work and got my Facebook marketplace revoked because of this scammer (which I sometimes use for businesss) (still trying to figure out how to do a civil suite)

Try setting up and Upwork account. Depending on your portfolio and previous experience, etc you may have to work for peanuts until you get a few positive feedback results from your clients projects.

Upwork takes 20% from freelancers. I work on their as well. When possible I take my clients off the platform after we have worked together for a specific period of time to save me and the client money.

destroy yourself and your weakness, rebuild yourself from the ashes of your former self

1 Like