What are your opinions on metaphysics?

I was wondering what your opinion is on metaphysics from an occult viewpoint, or whatever viewpoint you wish to discuss. This could be your own opinion, something you hear from someone else etc.

3 Likes

I always thought that it was interconnected one way or another. This what I got from Wikipedia:
Metaphysics
For other uses, see Metaphysics (disambiguation).
Metaphysics is a branch of philosophy exploring the fundamental nature of reality.[1] Metaphysics seeks to answer two basic questions:[2]

Ultimately, what is there?
What is it like?
Topics of metaphysical investigation include existence, objects and their properties, space and time, cause and effect, and possibility. A central branch of metaphysics is ontology, the investigation into the basic categories of being and how they relate to one another.

There are two broad conceptions about what “world” is studied by metaphysics. The strong, classical view assumes that the objects studied by metaphysics exist independently of any observer, so that the subject is the most fundamental of all sciences. The weaker, more modern view assumes that the objects studied by metaphysics exist inside the mind of an observer, so the subject becomes a form of introspection and conceptual analysis. Some philosophers, notably Kant, discuss both of these “worlds” and what can be inferred about each one.

Some philosophers and scientists, such as the logical positivists, reject the entire subject of metaphysics as meaningless, while others disagree and think that it is legitimate.

2 Likes

Metaphysics.

Meta - not the microcosmic, but rather the Macro Cosmic…the actual physical world. Ever see the latest Tron movie? in the end he brings the girl up from that two-bit microcosmic simulation world and then she becomes real as in Meta.

Physics - rules of nature.

So Meta physics I would think would be about doing Meta-Magick that works in tandem to influence things as far as how it interacts with the physics of this world.

2 Likes