What are we to call ourselves?

I get asked if I’m a Satanist?
I feel like I should say, “Sorcery is my religion”.
Is that inaccurate?

Theogenesists?
Gods?

What would we call ourselves that follow the Path of E.A.Koetting?

I just want to put a label on it so there’s no confusion.
I do what i do, but i don’t know what to call it.

6 Likes

Magician, its very vague and can be applied to anything, plus its gender neutral.
I really like it and it help me pinpoint what i do,

Magicians do Magick

9 Likes

There was another topic on this- hold on! :cherry_blossom:

I honestly don’t call myself anything(mostly because I don’t care) but it looks like people had some fun with the idea there.

8 Likes

I just say that I am the all mighty God of primordial darkness and chaos bow down to me…

tbh I just tell ppl I’m Pagan or Atheist…

2 Likes

Religion wise, I’d call myself agonistic. Because I believe that all gods exist, I just don’t worship any or have a set religion.

5 Likes

that would be Pagan the belief in more than one God…

1 Like

Yes I know but people associate paganism with wiccans and that whole earth lover/hippish thing. I’d rather not be associated with them. Agnostic sounds a lil better.

2 Likes

Yes, i agree, pagan just sounds…off, idk

2 Likes

And wiccans aren’t really powerful unless they’re in groups (from my exp) so I just try not to be bothered with them.

Can’t stand the three fold law smh

2 Likes

Eclectic pagan with Left Hand leanings.

That covers it pretty well.

3 Likes

witch covens etc the whole standing around a pentagram while chanting about the God and Goddess etc most of it is feminism and anti man philosophy along with being a make up fashion trend like wearing all black with pentagram necklaces etc also lol I love that movie the craft and think Wiccan bitches are hot pieces of ass… that being said I am powerful enough to do magick on my own and don’t need no damn coven…

2 Likes

in short OP, if dealing with non religious people- pagan is fine if you don’t mind being associated with wiccans and the like.

If dealing with super religious people- Agnostic is better (imo) because then they’ll probably not be as angry / judge so much. They’ll think they can still save you.

2 Likes

you can remain ignorant like you don’t know anything about the Bible or Jesus they might if they are soul winning churches try and save you via word of God and a baptism however I would just say Pagan or Atheistic Agnostic…

2 Likes

I usually use the terms spiritual because that could literally mean anything and mention practices like voodoo or santeria since those are considered witchy religions… or I just flat out say Atheist or scientific with an interest in philosophy…

3 Likes

Atheist, and if anyone presses, I say that I believe in the absolute power of the human imagination.

1 Like

I am an Occultist and everything that includes it, but as a way of life and not as religion. I’m a scholar, a witch, a Goddess, an observer, a practitioner. You wanna label me? Go on, amuse me.

5 Likes

Ok, let me just say, I’m Puerto Rican and practice both Santeria and Puerto Rican Vodou, there are in no way witchy at all, the half ass witches who say the practice don’t give a flying fuck about Puerto Ricans or our culture.

Im sorry but i just wanted to say that

4 Likes

Neo paganism fits well

3 Likes

Yeah, let the people think they were all about love and light, it’ll disarm their defenses, and they’ll leave us the fuck alone.

4 Likes

For me it depends who asks. I’m either a member of the church of fuck off, a pastafarian, “into weird shit”, or a magician of the black Lodge.

3 Likes