What are the origins of your usernames?

I know some use just their own name, others use magical stuff, etc. Mine is just the name of a Mayhem song (* nods to any fellow metalheads here *) being a musician it was one of the first black metal songs i learned on guitar a year or so back.

Whats the origin of yours?

13 Likes

Wulf. Norse word for Wolf. As if that wasnā€™t obvious lol. I like dogs for their extreme loyalty and capability of love

5 Likes

Rey is Spanish for ā€œkingā€, used here in the same way as king-size. Cuervo is a crow. So, a king-sized crow would be a raven. But of course, there are 388382321218 Ravens in any forum on the internet and I wanted the name for myself.

9 Likes

Family history traced back to Vikings. By the 900ā€™s my familyā€™s last name was in historical documents.

6 Likes

Iā€™m Mina because well, I thought I could change it later if I wanted. Maybe I need a higher trust level for that I dunnoā€¦ Itā€™s not my biggest concern right now. Life would be pretty fuckinā€™ simple (no growth) over here if that was my biggest concern hahaha.

I did make it into an acronym though. I wasnā€™t speaking kindly of myself a few years ago, so I decided to change it up to beā€¦
Mindful
Inspriational
Nice
Active

I realize I havenā€™t always lived up to these words but hey we all have our off days. Thanks for everything. I appreciate this forum a great deal.

Thank you.

10 Likes

Little trivia: in lunfardo, the slang that makes the poetry of tango, mina (a word that comes from minusa) means simply ā€œfemaleā€, nowadays.

2 Likes

My landlord wonā€™t let me own a tuxedo cat :crying_cat_face:

8 Likes

Interesting, I didnā€™t know that either. Thank you!

In Japanese Mina means all. Which corolates with the Law of One as well as ā˜… Om Namah Shivaya ā˜… Consciousness refers to itself as I. You sounding like ewe means a female sheep. Itā€™s another way of saying the second you believe youā€™re you, they gotcha hook line & sinker. It makes more sense when youā€™re on mushrooms.

Itā€™s gettin late and Iā€™m rambling.
See you all next time.

Thank you.

5 Likes

Ima gamer. Names need to hold importance. This is just one l latched to.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve always had an odd fascination with voodoo dollsā€¦and poppet magick, which I sometimes use, is part of my heritage as a descendant of British witches.

3 Likes

Shortened version of my name + coming to terms with the fact that while Iā€™m made up of so many contradictions, itā€™s finally time to accept all of 'em and work on balancing the paradoxes both within me and my surroundings. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It just so happens to be one of my favorite words, and it reoccurs in some variation or another in most of the usernames on the platforms that I utilize.

1 Like

Whenever i make a username on any platform i sit in silence and let the sound and feeling of names flow through my thoughts. Was somehow feeling the name blueberry that day. at the time i was not practising magic a lot, I was in the middle of a depressive phase, and I was ready to bite into something new, so it seemed appropriate.

I also wanted it to be very different from all my other usernames so nobody could make any links :wink:

3 Likes

Mine is Russian for mermaid which I stole from my favorite foreign film, Rusalka. In the movie she possesses powers to manifest her desires.

However I had no clue at the time when I chose the name about this:

Iā€™m overly abundant in the water element so makes more sense now my choosing of the name. I wish I could find more info on the subject, but havenā€™t stumbled upon anything else useful.

5 Likes

Origin: Japanese. Meaning: Elegant Cloth. The name Yui means Elegant Cloth and is of Japanese origin. Yui is a name thatā€™s been used by parents who are considering baby names for girls.

Lol at first i was think to ā€œyukiā€, nd in Japanese it means ā€œsnowā€ but i changed it into ā€œyuiā€

3 Likes

Mine shouldnā€™t be too difficult to figure out :wink:

2 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face: Do you really want to listen that :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Mine is a shortened version of one of the pen names I write under, and the name I use here.
@anon39079500 my family descends on one side from vikings as well.

5 Likes

I got my user name from a megadeth song called 5 magics. There is a lyric about hunting the abyss lord.

2 Likes

Beginning of name and surname plus year of birth.

1 Like