What are the different faces of Kek?

Hi all. For various reasons I’ve become interested in kek. I was wondering if anyone knew the various masks he’s taken on in different societies and pantheons? All help is appreciated.

2 Likes

Going of the surface info From this

http://www.thekeep.org/~kunoichi/kunoichi/themestream/kek.html
Qutoe from link above
“Kek (Kuk, Keku, Keki) means darkness. He was the god of the darkness of chaos, the darkness before time began. He was the god of obscurity, hidden in the darkness. The Egyptians saw the night-time, the time without the light of the sun, as reflecting this chaotic darkness.”

I would look at deities of darkness,chaos, forbidden knowledge, night ect. That may be a good place to start of your lookin to dig into the “core or archetype” of this force.

3 Likes

This is a good one.

What’s great about what we do is that we can find validation in other faiths and systems because it’s very universal. Unlike troll faiths that shun other truths from other systems based on dogma.
I’m just getting started so don’t think this is all I came up with it’s just all I have time for right now there is more to come.

3 Likes

I feel like you’ve been wanting me to do this for a very long time.

1 Like

Gonna be like alice tumbling down the rabbit hole of Kek?
:sunglasses:

Edit. :laughing: just had a thought that clicked on all kinds of late…Shows what the cold has done to me brains.

Ahriman would also fall into this rabbit hold of primordial darkness.

2 Likes

That’s a good point but as far as revealed religions go I’m sort of not so into taking some guy’s word for it. When it comes to Prophets and Messiahs I take it with a grain of salt. Religious documents from the anointed are almost always bias in favor of one god while demonizing the others. But as far as most attributes, respectively, although painted in a not so good light, it fits the bill close enough.

1 Like

In this case the various vedic gods were demonized. As a result the imposed “Humanity” on these forces was stripped away. Kurtis had talked about this a bit.
From my own experiences with shiva and sovar i can say there is a hugh difference. Both in how their energies feel and how they manifest.

:thinking: an odd “coincidence” that keeps bubbling up for me as i work with a new div are the connections in the indo-European pantheons.

When i was working with Aighash, possible connections to Mimir and Mimir’ well kept cropping up. Not so much on the vedic side. But i am severely lacking when it comes to the whole pantheon. :confounded:

2 Likes

It’s funny because the Hindu called their brothers to the north the Ariannas. @Eye_of_Ra

3 Likes

Well, isn’t that interesting! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ya learn somethin new everyday around here :grin:

3 Likes

I’ve had a massive draw towards the Hindu Pantheon actually. But I want to see Kek first.

1 Like