What are the affects of sage on spirits?

Hey guys
Today someone that I live with decided to smudge the house for god knows what stupid reason while I was at work.
Right as I walked in my room I knew exactly what it was and did not like it because I know it’s used to cleanse and banish and I have a succubus. Would that sage have any negative affects on my succubus? Last thing I want is for it to deter her or something like that.

3 Likes

In my opinion, it shouldn’t banish your succubus because she is bound to you so you would act as a sort of anchor to her. Plus, usually a cleansing with sage is used to clear “negativity” and if she is not malicious then there should be no issues. Other members here have mentioned that sage didn’t affect the spirits they have altars to so I think intent has a lot to do with it.

@succupedia may know more specifically about the effect on succubi though.

6 Likes

Little known fact…you can program your salt water, sage smoke and incense smoke to set VERY specific boundaries…allowing so and so through but not others.
To answer the question, the smoke BURNS. Salt is icy burn.
Your banishing ritual is essentially the programming step.

5 Likes

From what I believe burning sage clean the negative energy and banish uninvited guests. It shouldn’t banish someone that you invited and counted as a family member! Also from what I have read and heard about succubus and incubus most of the banishing dosnt work on them. When they entertain the banisher sometimes leave and come back after that.

2 Likes

I sage before each ritual, and I’ve never had any of the spirits around me or my altar be affected. Like @DarkestKnight said, it’s intent. I sage to remove “negative energies or hostile spirits,” and as such spirits that are welcome remain freely.

3 Likes

Use intent as you sage.

3 Likes

I don’t use sage for the same reason, this is useful information

Sage never affected my Spirits, if anything It makes me wanna leave the place. I hate this smell…

2 Likes

Unfortunate. I’m lucky enough to also enjoy the smell of sage.

3 Likes

Lucky! I switched to thyme but I still smudge with whatever sage leftover I have, just to get rid of it lol

1 Like

Fair enough. Is thyme any good?

1 Like

Yeap, and it doesn’t make me sick as well so… Win - win :wink:

1 Like