What are Jinn? Is this simply an Arabic word for spiri? Or a different class

Daemonic dreamstore,in uk,has a book,call,devasting dijjins magic,from how to invoqe to raise them,also caselius in finbarr has some too,and a lady call,brigstar,or smthing, if anyone wants to knw more booklets pm,

[quote=“Illustrious, post:1, topic:5238”]A few things first:

Jinn
noun
(in Arabian and Muslim mythology) an intelligent spirit of lower rank than the angels, able to appear in human and animal forms and to possess humans.

Iblis: The Islamic Devil (compared to Satan & Lucifer). Also described as chief Jinn.

Backstory: I have become quite interested in Jinn. I began watching videos of ‘Jinn catching’ which is the art if ‘catching’ a Jinn that has made residence in somebody and exorcising it.

Now I find this topic incredibly interesting for various reasons: firstly, in these Jinn excorcisms, unlike a Christian style excorcism, the spirit is completely and totally subdued. It cannot thrash or fight or otherwise be violent. They are subdued to the point the excorcist sits right beside the person with the Jinn, completely comfortably and unafraid of harm.
Second, and this deals with what Jinn have said in these sessions: they apparently have religion. They could be Muslim, Christian, etc. I found this completely unbelievable, that maybe it’s just lying? The excorcist often converts the Jinn to Islam!
Third: the Jinn have claimed Iblis is their father. Now as I’ve said above, Iblis could either be another word for Lucifer, or the name of the chief Jinn. One of the Jinn claimed the Illuminati is the greatest creation of their Father (Iblis).

With all this said, I want to know as much about Jinn as anyone is able to share with me.

(On a side note, has anyone else found problems with the forum? Some letters don’t come out properly and have to be retyped… For instanc… the E there was deleted automatically for some reason?)[/quote]

As was stated before,I’m just gonna continue(from the perspective of someone who grew up in a Muslim home)

The Jinn are Spirits.Angels are made from Light,Humans from clay and Jinn from smokeless fire.

Jinn have free will,just like people do,and live in their own world(which some people call Jinnistan),detached from the mortal world.

The Jinn can be good,and evil,have any and every religion etc.

It’s worth noting Muslims say that Muhammed was,to them,a prophet for both Jinn and men,and the Jinn attended his lectures.

Next there is the fact that not all Jinn are evil,only the shayteen.(probably mispelled that,been a while since I wrote that).Accroding to Muslims,black magick is called sihr.

The sihirbaz is a human who wants power the Jinn can grant him,and the shayteen is a jinn who wants worship the human gives him.Thus,through Iblis(the devil) those two can form an alliance,wherein the sihirbaz offends god,to worship the JInn and the Jinn can do the same by helping him.

this,story is ludicrous.However,it can help us pull out the essentials,which is that Iblis’s most powerful trait is that of an intermediary,between Jinn and men,like Papa Legba,or Ganesha…

And that the Jinn are willing to work with mortals.And that they can do stuff.

Also according to what I can read,there’s a different kind of sihirbaz for everything.One that can divine through the stars,one that can hypnotize,one that can summon Jinn,one that can do love spells,one baneful magic etc.

Ibn al-Nadim, in his Kitāb al-Fihrist, describes a book that lists seventy Jinn lead by Fuqtus, named “‘Mrd, Kywan, Shimr‘al, Firuz, Mhaqal, Zaynab, Syduk, Jndrb, Siyyar, Zanbur, al-Da’hs, Kawkab, Hamran, Dahir, Qarun, Shidad, Sa‘sa‘ah, Baktan, Harthamah, Takallum, Furuq, Hurmiz, Hamhamah, ‘Ayzar, Mazahim, Murrah, Fatrah, al-Haym, Arhbh, Khyth‘, Khyfth, Rayah, Zuhal, Zawba‘ah, Mhtukara, Hayshab, Tq‘ytan, Wqas, Qdmnh, Mufarrish, Ayra’il, Nizar, Shftil, Dywyd, Ankara, Khatufah, Tnkyush, Misalqar, Qadim, Ashja‘, Nawdar, Tythamah, ‘Usar, Thu‘ban, Naman, Nmudrky, Tyabur, Sahitun, ‘Udhafir, Mirdas, Shytub, Za‘rush, Sakhr, al-‘Aramram, Khashram, Shadhan, al-Harith, al-Hurth, ‘Udhrah (‘Adhirah)”, and "Faqruf. This list also includes several Jinn appointed over each day of the week, named (in order): Danhash, Shakhba, Marbaya, ‘Abara, Mismar, Namudarki, and Bakhtash

Add to this of course Iblis as an opener of gates so to speak,and one may start to work with the Jinn.

So,I do believe this is an interesting pathworking.I know S Ben Qayin’s book is a lot on destructive Jinn,although I’d be willing to see what else they can do…

Like,I really like mostly anybody and never find myself needing baneful magic.I do not make enemies,and those that clearly pick fights,or want ill of me suffer rather different fates…their life force is pulled from them by my vampirism,while their minds are twisted to my whimsical desires(I happen to be really fond of mind control magics) and anything I can extract from them is worth it.So as someone who doesn’t really like to throw around curses,likes to help and be good to everyone,and claims his vengeance in a form he prefers,I really don’t need destructive Jinn…

3 Likes

Someone posted here while I was typing so apologies if I say something that have already been said.

You guys will probably hate me for what I’m about to say but I believe that if you want to work with the Jinn, you pretty much will end up working with Qur’an and Islamic egrogore (can’t find a better word right now).
I am not sure what exactly are these Jinn from what I’ve read they are some sort of powerful interdemensional beings and they are mortal (more than anything they are like human). And Qur’an seems to be some sort of book of magical formulas since all the surat and ayat can be rearranged and recited in different orders to achieve certain magickal effect (for example you can make talismans). So ultimately, to my understanding if you want to work with these specific beings, I’m not sure it’s possible without using religious texts. I’ve seen several rituals and all of them involved reading surat and ayat from Qur’an and some of them also involved performing salat prior to calling upon jinn.
Pretty much all other (at least what I’ve seen) “jinn” like those in S. Ben Qyain’s book have nothing to do with the “islamic” jinn and only Iblis seems to be the same.

I know very little about christianity but I don’t think there is something similar. I know nothing about judaism and anything related to it so I can’t be sure if there are jinn in the practices of the hebrew people.

I’m not trying to peddle islam here or anything but I guess it’s like using psalms for magickal purposes, if you are strongly against it then you probably should not do it. You could try and find the names of some of the most well known Jinn and evoke it using E.A.'s incantation while gazing at the sigil you made yourself, but I’m not sure what will happen, at best nothing.

that’s my 2 cents anyway

3 Likes

I did an evocation of Al-Jund’ from S Ben Qayin’s “Book of Smokeless Fire” putting a death curse on someone who’s time has come to die.

It was an interesting ritual and quite different from other evocations I’ve done of Angels or Demons. I’ll keep you up to date of what transpires…

2 Likes

An author known as Nineveh Shadrach has published several books on the Djinn. One title “The Book of Deadly Names” is available to read at google books. Others (ebooks & hard copies) are available through Ishtar Publishing.

As far as the Infernal spirits of the 72 go they all serve all races under 3 religions. The difference is in each of the 3 religions they have a different way of contacting them and they call them different names as well as have different elemental associations. If you use Islamic methods or symbolism, then you will call upon Islamic Associations of demons…likewise if you utilize American versions you will call upon the Western aspect of consciousness of said demon.

Whether you believe its an Egregore or a real living Being, the demons tie into all the races of the 3 religions.

So as an update to my Feb 16 post, (I should have responded earlier it seems) I did the ritual and 2 nights later Al-Jund came to me and said she tried getting the guy I cursed into a bad car accident, but he narrowly escaped. She shrugged and said she tried and the departed. It would seem their freewill limits any feelings of being responsible for further action.

4 Likes

Heres a Link to book to get you started!!

2 Likes

For an excellent introduction to jinn, I recommend the book, Jinn Magick by Baal Kadmon.

4 Likes

Hello,

I’ve since had my question answered by a spirit directly.

The spirits will refer to themselves as 'demons, jinn, angels" etc. depending on what word you yourself use for them.

Jinn is the word I use to refer to certain types of spirits… And thus, they call themselves ‘Jinn’ by virtue of that.

I haven’t found this to be the case.

Jinn is just another word for ‘spirit’[quote=“fke, post:7, topic:5238”]
And Qur’an seems to be some sort of book of magical formulas since all the surat and ayat can be rearranged and recited in different orders to achieve certain magickal effect
[/quote]

This is something that actually really interests me…

I want to learn more about these things. I have no aversion to the Islamic religion.

2 Likes

Writer Baal Kadmon seems to think that the jinn are a bit more pranksterish than …well than other spirits;

however I’d like to give a warning. Jinn, like other spiritual entities need to be communicated with care. They can grant you what you want, but be careful what you ask for. Jinn are notorious pranksters, you might get what you want, but in a way you really would rather not have it…You have been warned. With that said, let us go deeper into the world of the Jinn.

4 Likes

True, sometimes spirits would call themselves whatever is more convinient for you even if it doesn’t necessarily correspond with their “true” nature.

Speaking of working with Qur’an, I meant it in the sense that most of available rituals originate from Islam one way or another and rely on using quranic verses etc. If you want something more or less old that is.

I’ve sort of given up on researching this topic since there’s very little of information available in English and now I sometimes incorporate quranic verses and the 99 names in planetary magic rituals and stuff like that.

P.S. Since I wrote my initial response, I came to conclusion that there’s some sort of genetic or other kind of deep connection between certain people and certain religious systems. It sounds obvious now when I think of that, but you will have the best results and you’ll be able to do the most powerful magic within the system your are most connected with (and using the language of the system). For me using Hebrew/Arabic and Judaic/Islamic texts seems to work the best while working within say Hindu system seems to produce just okay results.

Now, I understand that we are all about transcending any religion and any diety and stuff, and I’m all for it, but I think it’s stupid to turn down a really powerful tool just because sometimes, maybe you could potentially become a god (which, let’s face it, not many people even came close to). This last part is not directed to you personally obviously.

3 Likes

Jinn are a different class of spirits. They are not demons

1 Like

I’ve enjoyed working with the jinn briefly in the past. People tend to figure out how to block them though.

This is true. They do have religions; they live in tribes. Jinns that are “Pagans”/Disbelivers, they are the most dangerous Jinns.
They can have relationships with humans, but once human marries a Jinn, human dies/becomes apart of the realm of Jinns.

Iblis is Satan.

2 Likes

Beware, Jinns don’t care much about fulfilling tasks as much as Demons do.
Though if you start “bothering” her about the task, she’ll either graze you; damage your vital organs or simply take your soul.
They’re mortal with the ability to take souls of other beings.

1 Like

I don’t know much about them, but I know some people believe they’re fire elementals.
Hence, ‘of smoke’, ‘path of smoke’

This may be the reason why some myths place King Paimon as a King Of Djinn, and some other opinions an elemental spirit.

According to VK, and others, Azazel and King Paimon are the same. However, they do not exist in a simultaneous identity (ie, if you evoke Azazel, it’s not KP).

1 Like

Djinn are traditionally regarded as wind and fire spirits.

1 Like

Coming from an Arabic, Middle Eastern, country, I can write you down pages and pages about Jinn, and stories that many told over generations.
Yes, they have religions and live in tribes. They also worship God (at least some of them does).
They were made invisible to us as we cannot see them with our own eyes years ago. Before that they used to live in a parallel world to ours, without even a veil, as they promised not to interfere with Humans. That until Jinniyat (or daughters of Jinn) started to fall in love with Human males. Which they took as wives and ended up cursed that the veil was raised.

My grandmother once told me about a Priest that was abducted by the Jinn, and was asked to marry them in the forest of the village. He asked to take his ceremonial clothes, which he burnt with a cigarette in order to make sure he’s not dreaming.
He wakes up the next day and opens the closet. Which he found his clothes burnt at the same place he did. (excuse my English, I’m translating the story from Arabic - my mother tongue)

Several similar stories about abductions or Jinn taking humans in the night are always told by old-town folks. They also say if you made a pact correctly, they will grant you any wish you want. They can choose to work with you and call upon you even before you were born.
They act like you shadow, and can either be loving or unleash hell on you.

Any Sheikh or leader in a Muslim community or organization tend to keep a Jinn that helps him in his deeds and bindings, exorcisms, rituals…etc.
They also use them to either cause or break a curse, remove an evil eye effect, help a girl get married or cause her to be unlucky in Love.
There most effect as I’ve noticed was in the matters of Love, Luck in Love and marriage, and Money. They cannot help in healing nor serve properly in such contexts.
They’re mostly Arab Spirits Who Can Eat, Sleep, Have Sex, and communicate.
They are mortal and can reciprocate.

According to El-Zein, pagan Arabs (big believers in the occult) worshipped jinn long before Islam was introduced in the seventh century, believing that the spirits were masters of certain crafts and elements of nature who had the power to turn plots of land fertile. Jinn are believed to both interact with humans in our reality and lead their own lives in a separate realm. “As spiritual entities, the jinn are considered dual dimensional, with the ability to live and operate in both manifest and invisible domains,” El-Zein writes.

Hope this can help somehow.

5 Likes

The father of all Jinn created from the fires of samum, sometimes identified with Azazel.

3 Likes