What and where is your favorite esoteric bookstore?

I am posing this question to get an idea of some of the better bibliophile haunts on this planet from people who have been to them. Of course there are plenty of online bookstores but I mean the good old fashioned physical walk in type. I would like to know where some of you guys enjoy perusing. My favorite occult bookshop is Watkins in London simply because of the sheer volume of selection not to mention the bargain bins out front where one can often score a decent book for as little as a pound. On the other hand, Treadwells in London can’t be beat when it comes to events they host. Just look at all the activities coming up in the next month there.

http://www.treadwells-london.com/events/

So I would have to vote Watkins for content, but Treadwells for events and activity. And in case anyone is wondering I am not advertising for either, as I am not British but was in London not too long ago. The main reason I am asking this question is so if I am in a town that has a good bookshop with the kinds of subject matter discussed on this forum I would like to know of its existence so I can explore what it has to offer as well as its atmosphere. Regards,

Iam

Yup spot on - I have spent many a rainy afternoon happily ensconced in Watkins.

[quote=“Iam Incide, post:1, topic:4738”]I am posing this question to get an idea of some of the better bibliophile haunts on this planet from people who have been to them. Of course there are plenty of online bookstores but I mean the good old fashioned physical walk in type. I would like to know where some of you guys enjoy perusing. My favorite occult bookshop is Watkins in London simply because of the sheer volume of selection not to mention the bargain bins out front where one can often score a decent book for as little as a pound. On the other hand, Treadwells in London can’t be beat when it comes to events they host. Just look at all the activities coming up in the next month there.

http://www.treadwells-london.com/events/

So I would have to vote Watkins for content, but Treadwells for events and activity. And in case anyone is wondering I am not advertising for either, as I am not British but was in London not too long ago. The main reason I am asking this question is so if I am in a town that has a good bookshop with the kinds of subject matter discussed on this forum I would like to know of its existence so I can explore what it has to offer as well as its atmosphere. Regards,

Iam[/quote]

My favorite book store is Alchemy Arts on the north side of the city of Chicago. To me, it has an ethereal and mysterious vibe. And Ken, the proprietor, is fun to engage in conversation.