Wendigo

I believe them to be real. Why?
Because when me and my sister where children we both saw multiple times together a very pale human, looked dead and it wore some kind of white suit. It always lurked around our house, never harming us or doing mischievous things, but rather protecting?

From my conclusion this could fit into a Draugr, our house are located on an old Viking village. We have burial mounds not very far from here.

2 Likes

@Sheogorath
Sounds like possibly a draugr but thatā€™s different. U know what I hate? Idiots who think that wights are a type of elemental spirit. No people! They are a type of draugr who live in burrows and scavenge for weapons treasures etc. anyway a draugr is different from a wendigo however although they are both very similar and both are fast and silent etc. a draugr is a dead human warrior who has been cursed by Odin. Not because they ate human flesh

2 Likes

Oh, I was simply stating that I believe that a Wendigo can exist due to my own experiences of seeing surreal things.

And btw a Draugr doesnā€™t have to be cursed by Odin. They can also just be warriors whom wanted the honour of being a guarding for the burial mounds.

I have been into many burials mounds as a kid. I always snuck into one when I could find it. Sometimes there where still bones and remains but I never took anything from there, I treated the place with honour and respect. Saved me from being mauled by an angry Draugr.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s good. Not a very appealing experience to be mauled by a draugr. Lol :joy:

1 Like

I live in Georgia and that was no animal and it was during the day. I was on my way to church

1 Like

Okay So, I Used To Live Near A Mountain. And I Fell Asleep With The Sliding Door Open At Midnight Right? Biggest Mistake. I Had A Absolutely Horrible Nightmare, About A Burning Face Of A Spirit Of A Wengdio. And That I Was Surrounded By Them. In This Greyed Out Existanced With Many Of Them Surrounding Me.

Course I Woke Up Suddenly To The Smell Of Sulfur, And Blood. Despite No One Being There, Or Any Ways For The Smell Of Blood To Appear. I Slamed The Sliding Door Shut. Needless To Say I Barely Slept That Night.

I Dont Know If Wengdios Are Just Physical Or Can Be Spirits.

To This Day I Still Dont Know If My Dream Was Well Me Being Astrally Attacked Or Something, Needless To Say, It Was So Real To Me I Swear They Were Right There.

3 Likes

You mention

Iā€™m curious where you got that information or what led you to that conclusion. Cause in my research, I saw no mention to them being able to be controlled, though I donā€™t doubt it being possible in theory

1 Like

Also after some more research I came across this in a paper written by Chris Hibbard titled ā€œThe Many Faces of The Wendigoā€
And while discussing the ways wendigos came to be, he mentioned an experience Ive had myself

ā€œThe fourth and final way to become Wendigo is through dreams or vision quests. Legend has it that if one dreams of the Wendigo, hears it calling their name, or even dreams of ice and snow while sleeping at night or in the midst of a vision quest, the body is then vulnerable to infiltration by the Wendigo spirit, and one will awaken changed, different from before ā€“ now host to the Wendigo spirit.ā€ Iā€™m curious on your guys thoughts

1 Like

To revive this topic but to throw my earnest response to reading you wanting to consider if they can be worked with, My Friend but @Nolan_Toney Forgive me friend for saying this in a blunt way but, you are, and I quote, High on Quaaludes if you even think about wanting to work with Wiindigoag. It is a very Cursed fucked up thing, I cannot attest to itā€™s intellect as well I luckily have not had the pleasure of meeting one [Hopefully] but I can say it would most likely be Predatorial due to it being a cannibal, so it is definetly something not to fuck with, my friend T knew a friend who went missing in some woods because of one, so it is dangerous, and very, macabre to say the least. Not as Concerning or as utterly terryfying as Skinwalkers, really wouldnā€™t want to deal with them and take the Wiindigoag chasing me over a Skinwalker encounter any day. However there is a Macabre Beauty to them, maybe Iā€™m messed up a bit but I do see why you would have the appeal to try to work with them, itā€™s just very unlikely unless you find a way to bind and ensure that you can utterly dominate a Wiindigoag and address any concerns dealing on how to uh, feed it, REALLY donā€™t want a Hungry ravaged One roaming now that is instant death.

this to me sounds like the experience had when one tries to rationalize a unprovoked attack by another person and attaching a monster personification onto the experience. i tell my kids all the time that like to wonder around the neighborhoods that monsters hide their shape on the inside, that to be careful because they only show that their a monster when they attack. i think most local mythology stories do this, are in essence kids stories to warn of dangerous people.

1 Like