Weird Dream I had last night? Possible meaning?

So to start off with, I know dream meanings are a very personal thing but I really just wanted some input on what the possible meaning could be, or common symbolism for it?

Possible tmi warning - dead bodies reference

One, the dream was pretty vivid and unlike my other dreams - I had no issue with remembering it apun awaking.

Dream

In the dream, I had my heart replaced (a heart transplant) but the new heart wouldn’t start beating. So alot of the dream was spent with me walking from the doctor who had replaced my heart to other doctors within the university type building (makes sense right?) It seemed like a “time was running out” type of thing (even though logically I’m not supposed to be able to walk around…) with trying to get the new heart started up.

The doctor who had done the heart transplant wanted me to use this device thing to send an electrical current to my heart (it was a small circular device that I was supposed to place againt the side of my chest/torso) to try and get it started. For some reason I was hesitant about using that - worried about it not working or making things worse.

At one point one of the (main) doctors left and I had to go to the other guy and as I was walking through his classroom, there were these dead (covered) bodies on the floor (like the kind you see at a mourge), to my right and left. Some of them were being moved out, and I accidentally brushed against one body, on my way up to the doc (I remember this cause, this part of the dream bugged me…). The dream ended with me asking if I should go to the hospital if the heart won’t start, or if I can get my heart back.

Symbolism
Death - the dead bodies + brushing against one of them…
Heart
Heart transplant
“Walking around with a non-beating heart”?

I know death can represent change, but the dead bodies in the dream creeped me out. Especially since in the dream I was trying to keep myself from dying from a failed heart or whatever. So not sure what that meant. The heart transplant I find interesting.

Note I did wake up with a slightly elevated heart rate, although it was probably cause the dream had caused me anxiety (nightmare) with some of the content…

1 Like

to me this seems like it has something to do with relationships.

3 Likes

Hearth = relationship, emotions, vitality, courage, health

Death/Replacing= change

Maybe you need a change regarding a matter of heart ( a relationship for ex) but you are subconsciously scare/ avoidant to do that change

3 Likes

I’m not sure what relationship this could be referring to. I didn’t get a “relationship” vibe from the dream more emotional or even health related.

1 Like

Relationship was an example , it could be an emotion that is bothering you
I hope you take good care of your health :pray::green_heart:

to me it felt like fear of moving from one relationship to another, im good at interpreting my own dreams because i work a lot with my own symbolism. but working with others, not so much.

1 Like

To me the dream is related to working with some emotions and patterns. To name a few joy, contentment, fulfillment, ability to send and receive love (not romantic love in particular), openness, reciprocity and the opposite of those emotions and patterns come to mind.
It seems there are two choices or paths to deal with those emotions, one is a pretty much mechanical path that relies on external help/support and the other is going inwards and working through things bit by bit. The bodies for me represent old patterns or emotions that need to be worked through or removed. It seems you’re choosing the latter path some how.
I had a similar dream about 9-10 years ago. I was having a kidney transplant instead. I had a few kidney related dreams before and after but that one was quite striking. That dream led me to deal with very old fear and anger issues that stemmed from consistent long term childhood trauma. I had chosen during my teenage years to totally ignore and suppress so I could build my life and focus on independence and financial security to escape my situation. I walked around for many years with a strong facade that helped me reach what I wanted (big success, financial stability,…etc) but all those suppressed emotions and related negative patterns surfaced later and negatively impacted different important aspects of my life. I didn’t fully deal with those issues at the time so I can get on with my life the way I knew it. And I have to say those issues resurfaced again just a couple of years ago. I chose a different path this time.
Hope this helps.

2 Likes

I have a feeling it’s emotions/trauma related rather then relationships. I would also agree that I’m dealing with it by going within because I defiently am not looking for external help.

I don’t have any relationships to be moving into… I’m a bit antisocial by nature and never felt the need for much company. I think it’s emotional/trauma.