Weekend Project :)

This is a great idea and post. I have been wanting to improve in reading tarot…but I rarely make time. This weekend I shall start carrying the deck in my purse so I can study the cards regularly, instead of keeping them in their special drawer at home. :slight_smile:

I also have been wanting to do some magickal art, yet need to gather supplies… So I am going to create a space in my room where all my art supplies are out and easily accessible by my desk, buy some chalk, pencils and paint… Yes. This weekend shall be fun!

Magnificent post by my hero David Neagle today, just what I needed to read, now that one major phase of my work is coming to completion, and I’m moving towards my next project. I like to plan my week ahead on a Sunday, and get some times pencilled in for variuous magickal workings (as well as all the mundane things of life).

A lady contacted him to ask whether to focus on “doing” or “being” as part of building & growing her business, he replies:

[b]You do from who you are being.[/b]

Let me explain.

If you are a weak leader (being), you will make weak decisions (doing).

If you want to own a million dollar business, you have to grow into being the person who can lead a million dollar business. This means that you must start acting as if you already ARE a million dollar business owner and do things and make the decisions a million dollar business owner would do or make.

Here’s an exercise that may help.

For a few days keep a notepad with you.

Write down everything you “do”.

At the end of each day, go back through your list and ask yourself if a million dollar business owner would do those things, or if they would delegate those things to someone else.

Within a day you should start to see the discrepancy between who you say you want to be and the things you are doing.

Full article: davidneagle.com: Being or Doing. Which is more important in growing my business?

Whatever your own personal aspirations - become a competent magician, card-reader, or actual godlike power - this is good advice.

The deeds you perform, more than the hopes or dreams you have (or the fine words you speak), are what will dictate your destiny. And, for magicians, possibly the destiny of others, depending on our personal preferences, focus, and intentions.

Make them count, and keep an eye out for any discrepancies between aspiration and action - he gives one technique, keeping good journals and watching for themes in your life is another useful way to check that your time and energy is being used wisely.

I love this guy! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not so much a project, as a little light reading - one of the most important stories ever written, IMO: The Machine Stops by E. M. Forster.

Full text in HTML, some typoes

This amazingly prescient work is from 1909, I remember reading it the first time in school (before the internet!), and finding it far-fetched, but now…

1 Like

possible weekend project?
trying to make a mala/set of prayer beads, but really REALLY long,
like 333 up to 550 … :thinking: i mean i already have over half a dozen commercial ones, but they usually have 108 beads.

i know i know, i could just use one multiple times…but it just isnt the same, as the look of someone, having hundreds of beads hanging from his neck :blush:

you know? to show to myself and to others, that i mean business

1 Like