Ways of casting spells with tarot?

hey there ! im pretty new here, so sorry if this is something you usually now, but i would like to know if there is some way to cast spells (especially curses) using the tarot ? i really like working with my tarot in readings, plus beeing a minor and not having a stable income its often pretty hard to get more fancy stuff for spells (like bones for example), wich is another reason i would like to work with my tarot if its possible. thanks for your time, if you know a way, please be kind and let me know

3 Likes

Welcome!
It’s a good question. You don’t need props for your work, just be creative. You need a bone? Draw it on a piece of paper or you can pick a card that fits the idea you want from the bone.

I still do blind drawings, asking the Spirit to give me something that will enhance what I’m working on but you can just pick specific cards yourself to put a long side a spell working.

I pull a number told to me by the Spirit in question or my own intuition but you can pick how many to use.

3 Likes

If you want to curse someone, 10 of swords. Need some extra cash, 8 of pentacles. Want a spell to boost your psychic senses, High Preistess.

Put the card down on a table, maybe light a candle if you have them. Focus on your intent, stare at the card, release the energy. Spell complete.

12 Likes

That’s actually really cool :heart:

3 Likes

Though I’d use a different deck to the ones you usually use for divination, as you don’the want to affect its energy.

3 Likes

I have an oracle deck for Magickal workings on one of my altars, a Tarot deck for divination with Morrigan and another deck for my other altar so can’t go wrong with that idea :slight_smile:

But if it’s a money issue OP you can try cleansing your deck before using it for divination.
Or you can even get bicycle cards as well. They work well for divination but it’s a little different.

4 Likes

Or just get them on sale on eBay lol

2 Likes

Lol true!
Halloween for example brings out the cat decks and Christmas will bring out angel decks for good prices x)
Tempting to snag a new one :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I just snagged a cool Samael pendant :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh and if your starting your demonology these cards are cool
https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/The-Daemon-Tarot-The-Forbidden-Wisdom-of-the-Infernal-Dictionary-by-Ariana-Osborne-Hardback/200692618

1 Like

Donald Tyson has an entire book on doing spells with the tarot called Portable Magick.

3 Likes

Watched a YouTube on that deck, that’s one interesting deck!
I’ll look up the Samael one and the one by Donald Tyson.
I believe he’s the one who did my old dragon deck but would have to check.

1 Like

@anon48957109 Liber Lilith by Donald Tyson has lots on Lilith and Samael if you can find a cheap version try and get it. As the longer you leave it the price rises.

1 Like

thank you !! its good knowing that i can use drawings for things since its much easier to draw a bone than to get one. thank you for your help !! i really appreciate it !!

2 Likes

thank you !! that sounds pretty easy to do, ill try it out !! thanks again !!

1 Like

thanks !! yea thats propably a good idea, ill look out for it !!

Taro cards are talisman. Buy a deck that you only use for active talisman Magick. Select cards, energise and store in separate bag or between two sheets of glass held together by metal clips. Each card represents an energy. Together they represent energies.

Al.

3 Likes

And the handy thing about this is that you can also do spells with runes or oracle cards. The list is endless.