Was Joseph Smith a Black Magician?

Hey guys, I’m from a slightly Mormon background and I know a thing or two about the church. I was doing some internet surfing recently and came across some interesting stuff, aside from being a high ranking freemason, and growing up in an environment where occult stuff like necromancy, grave digging, etc where very common and practiced by his parents and community.

Sorry I’m too lazy to pull up the sources, but anyone can do a quick internet search on this stuff and it’s widely accepted that he did do this stuff among historians.

Something I find the most interesting, however, is that Joseph Smith had a Jupiter’s Talisman, which is supposed to attract Women, political power, etc, which most of it he gained( 20+ wives, mormon political influence extremely strong, Joseph Smith tried to Run for president.)

I’ve heard that the Jupiter’s Talisman is found in the Greater Key of Solomon, if so, would that mean Joseph Smith was practicing black Magic? What do you guys think?

2 Likes

No. I grew up in the Church. I’ve also been a Mason. If he was a respectable black magician, he wouldn’t have ripped off Masonic rituals for things like the marriage ritual they do in the temple. Using Solomonic symbols or methods doesn’t make one Black.

4 Likes

I don’t think so, there are a few previous LDS members here like myself, you may want to reserch this yourself, before jumping to conclusion

1 Like

No he wasn’t not at all. He was a confused kid that started his on church but lost contact with the Devine as most do. Talk to the Angel Moroni he will give you the scope on Joseph Smith and the LDS church. I am technically still on their records as a member.

4 Likes

How should one communicate with Moroni?

2 Likes

Evocation or invocation

1 Like

The rituals were so heavily Christianized that I didn’t stay in. This was in the Bible Belt and I didn’t sense that many in that particular group had much in the way of power or ability.

2 Likes

I’ve heard people talk about that Jupiter talisman. I’ve read a few books about it, and Joseph Smith seems to be a person who’s spiritual path was driven by a desire for true religious freedom. It seems to me that lots of religions are unwittingly created by the attempt to control a natural magician. That’s one way to understand Satanism. Too much bullshit will create an equal and opposite prophet of “fuck you guys”. It’s happened so many times in human history that we can pretty much call it a known effect. God is a myth, but Satan shows up every day.

I have been a Mormon since 30 Oct 1971. So It’s been quite a long time. I wouldn’t say any black magick was used. It is a bit different from traditional church beliefs. It seems to borrow a few things from Near Death Experiences, and there are some conflicts between traditional churches and NDE’s. I myself have had issues with the church like Eternal Marriage.

One thing to add here is that I did see Jesus back in June of 1985, while in boot camp at Lackland AFB. Jesus pulled me out-of-body for a quick test, but I failed it that morning. Seeing him and hearing his voice, I will never forget that.

One thing of note: It is that I seen a lot of Satanist, that used to be Mormon and Koetting is one, and J.D. Temple is another.
I am here on this site, mainly because I have been pulled here by the spirits to LHP.

1 Like

I found an interesting article here for you. The Midnight Freemasons: solomons magic

It probably doesn’t reveal a circle of freemasons who practice ‘Black Magick’(or goetic magick), but reveals how there is a connection.

I’m interested in your dealings with Moroni. I went on a mission in 2012 and it sort of broke my brain in ways it hasn’t quite recovered from to this day.

What’s your take on all of it? I suspect the litmus test he used at the end of the book of mormon (praying about it to ask if it’s true) is via use of a servitor. The experiences are all real but the closer I got into living it with 100% obedience to mission rules and mindset the more miserable and suicidal I became.

There’s some real power in their stuff but I’m not sure how it came to be or what to think of it now. It’s really tripy

1 Like

To be ho way I joined the church and o connected with both the Devine and the infernal. It opened me up so much that Lucifer literally came to my door, but it was as a part of my path. A part I always blocked to be honest. I understand why when I was a kid Azazel came to me and told me that Lucifer wasn’t what I think he is.

Where was your mission?

Jersey, spanish program. I got shot at in Newark my first day there hahaha. I was very much caught up in the sense that salvation was a set of golden handcuffs and the whole thing felt like spiritual marxism: obey and pretend to like it no matter how bad it gets or be punished for eternity.

I never really liked the dream they tried selling me about the celestial kingdom. Being a god and having the ultimate romantic dream of eternal love with my then fiance sounded amazing but I was afraid god would destroy my life if I didn’t go. So I did.

It’s what drew me to my work with Ahriman actually.

I can’t deny there’s power there, I was also really mad that so much of what I loved turned out to be a lie when I left. I was left with a ton of questions and wondered why the priesthood worked and why people got answers when they prayed about the book but very randomly got responses about everything else.

I’m still not able to say I know what was going on there. I’m curious about Moroni though, I work with Archangels all the time but I feel like he’d ignite a bunch of the old programming if I called on him. It feels like a separate pantheon of spirits to me that have a very strange divinity to them, even if I know I don’t want to mix energies with it again

In hell, they don’t really punish people for all eternity. There is a random number generator so you can get out, or if you hate your afterlife you can just wait around until you “die” in it.

I don’t know why they try to sell this “heaven” thing, as if there is some one size fits all “heaven” that everybody is supposed to want. It sounds messed up to me, people are different so it shouldn’t surprise me that they want to go different places when they die. (although some people will go crappy places they hate, but not necessarily cause they were “bad” but cause they focused on that.)

Random number generator…?