Walpurgisnacht

What days is it ? What time is it ? If I make a ritual right now would it still be powerful ?

Dude, have you never heard of Google? Or the forum search function? There are two threads already where you can find the answer to your question.

Walpurgisnacht is the evening of April 30 into the day of May 1st. You have all the time you need to plan a ritual.

3 Likes

Ohhhh ok thanks . I checked the other threads but it didn’t say when and what time .

There is no specific time and Google could have told you that. It celebrates a feast dedicated to a Christian saint, which was established on May Day Eve by the church because it was believed that on that same night evil witches met to perform their dark deeds and Saint Walpurga’s intercession protects against witchcraft and evil magic.

2 Likes

It’s actually older than that, my friend. Originally it’s a celebration of Spring and it’s been celebrated since the Middle Ages. Nowadays, May 1st are dedicated to the Working Movement and the political left with public demonstrations about any kind of societal topics. The Church, of course, used it with their own agendas afterwards.

1 Like

I’m not talking about May Day, Su, only the term Walpurgisnacht, which, according to what I read, was established in the 17th century by the church as a counter to Hexxennacht.

Well, the Swedish equivalent of Walpurgisnacht is exactly what I posted about, though. Germany celebrates the same thing within the Walpurgisnacht, making it just as political.

Well, my birthday is may 1 so I thought it was all about me :speak_no_evil: :birthday::gift::balloon:

5 Likes

It is all about you, baby girl :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Can I do as much rituals as I want ?

Yes

2 Likes

Happy Birthday my lady.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Walpurgisnacht and Hexennacht are the same they literally mean “night of walpurgis”(which is a place/mountain) and “witches night/ night of witches” soo women tradicionally met at walpurgis to celebrate spring and the new year of this time. They danced the whole night, naked, had fun etc.
Actually before the church took over and even then most people, especially women, were pagan. That’s why the women were burnt, because the church said they were witches, that they were doing bad spells on occasions like the walpurgisnacht and they didn’t fear the christian god, so the church had to do something about it and perversed everything they did.

It is not at all political because most people in germany don’t care about this day at all. They know the term but don’t have a clue on what date. And even back in the days I think it was solely religious than political…
And are you referring to midsommar? Because we germans celebrate something similar on 1.may. We put up a decorated tree and wait for some teens to steal it while we drink alcohol or steal our own tree from the neighbous or something like that :smile:

1 Like