Vodoun & the Left Hand Path

Of the upcoming new edition of the “Spider and the green Butterfly” and the video of “forbidden rites of Vodoun” I have simple questions.
In fact I follow the LHP, so the most practice of Vodoun is rather RHP-oriented I think, for the belive in Loas as real entities is not possible for me of my own god. But I’m also very interested in Vodoun and so I find the Petro-cult and inviting as a Bokor can pass into the LHP, it’s right?
What and where are sources for LHP- or Black-Magic-Vodoun?

1 Like

That’s a really good question, the way I look at it, I work wth beings such as Hathor, the goddess who had massive bona fide temples and cults back during the Egyptian Empire, but I don’t work with her simply as a worshipper, but more as an ally, and a powerful teacher of how to arouse the godlike powers within myself.

I look up to her, love and worship her in the sense of being a very advanced goddess and mentor, but it’s not in the somewhat helpless way of “THY will (ONLY) be done” that characterises modern religion (there is an argument that both the ancient Egyptians and modern vodou practitioners take a far more hands-on approach, and that magick and religion have always intersected in people’s minds, if not within some church orthodoxy).

I treat all spirits as real, distinct personalities, but my old man takes the view that they’re kind of manifest archetypes of the (mass) subconscious, and that working with them in this way, again outside religion (which petitions for, but does not demand or command, results) is his approach.

But I hope people who’ve done more than simply get their toes wet in this area will have more to say specifically relating to vodou.

Btw, can you please take a moment to post an introduction here - it’s one of the Rules of this forum, many thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wonder that there is so much stuff about Vodoun, Voodoo alround the world, and someones write even the “secrets” of “forbidden” rituals and magic, but essencely nothing and nothing for practical practice.

To example it is know that bouji-candles were used in rituals in the Petro-cult - but WHICH rituals, for WHICH Petro-Loas, in WHICH matter and formula?
Also is fact there is a sacred drink in Petro-rituals called “Kiman” (especially for Met Kalfou), that is made of rum, star-anise and other “secret” herbs - WHICH herbs?? Somewho says the recipe of Kiman varied by different houses or communities of Vodoun, this can be right, but what is secret once time that is allround the globus soon I think.

For this I will searching further to disclose the forbidden things :wink:

[quote=“Rökrvegr, post:3, topic:8719”]To example it is know that bouji-candles were used in rituals in the Petro-cult - but WHICH rituals, for WHICH Petro-Loas, in WHICH matter and formula?
Also is fact there is a sacred drink in Petro-rituals called “Kiman” (especially for Met Kalfou), that is made of rum, star-anise and other “secret” herbs - WHICH herbs??[/quote]

I find that kind of hinting drives me crazy! :slight_smile:

Almost as bad as things like “and then the satanists performed unspeakable rites” which I’m pretty sure my brain is coming up with things far worse, by then, than anything anyone actually did, but of course maybe that’s the intention in some cases. I still want to know Coca Cola’s secret formula, and I don’t even drink the stuff…

Maybe the new book and course through here will have those, maybe some people who buy it early will be able to tell us, not the details (that would be unfair on E.A.'s work) but at least whether it lets any cats out of bags? :slight_smile:

Why crazy?
Those are simple questions behind socalled “secrets” of very interests. To interrogate things is Satanic… and I like rum :wink:

Here a starter link I have found in the web… www.msodette.com/apps/blog/show/44110077-the-left-hand-path-in-haitian-vodou-voodoo

Besides, why isn’t in new book “The Spider and the green Butterfly” anythink directly on the LHP? Books on Vodoun are here man, but combinating with LHP I’m still looking for :wink:

So just I have read Mr Koettings “Baneful Magick” and the great Vodou curse therein. But I not really understand why work this curse with Elegua and Baron Samedi? Would a stronger curse in Vodou not be by practice a Petro rite or what’s about Djabs?
Just I have heard about socalled “Djab-Vodou”, a special kind of Vodou which is declared as the darkest side of Vodou and is practicIng by Bizango-groups. That is very interesting at the theme of this thread. Have some heard of the Djab-Vodou?

Just I have read the book “The Spider and the Green Butterfly” and I’m disappointed. In fact in this book aren’t any “hidden secrets” of Vodou which would find in any well written book about it. I had expected especially for a LHP-view and practice of Vodou. The descriptions of the rites, the Petro rite, are very facile and without a detailed instructions. I miss e.g. spells, prayers (like the Priye Ginen) and much more. Also the powders like “Goofer Dust” is in time well-known. Further I miss a listing of special items, incredients, herbs and plants used in Vodou - e.g. the herb Zo-Devan is used for a liberation for Erzulie Dantor, in the Petro rite.

There so much to be detect in Vodou which can be used for the LHP. I’m looking for and I would be pleased if an author write a handbook of/for a real Bokor, a Bokor in the sense of true Black Magican.

Well you see, to be homest about this Vodou is considered a Right Hand Path in Haiti. Thats why you always see the congregations dressed completely in white and using “bon” in fron of their names (it means “good”, like saying “good witch”). Petro are hotter than Rada Lwa but they are not the spirits Bokors work with. Bokors work mainly with Djab and some veey powerful and well know Lwa- the Bokors were the ones who started working with Kafou (theres no “L” in the name-that was from white people mispronouncing it and consequently misspelling it. Nobody in haiti ever has called Him “Kalfu” because tje name comes from the word carrefour which sounds like “karefou” but is now Kafou). The veves and names of the Djab are only given to bokors- people who are initiated in the violent or demonic side of haitis spirituality which is called Bizango or Makandal, Sanpwel etc depending on region of haiti but they do not initiate white people. What you can do though is look into Petro Lwa who can assist you in whatever it is you are trying to accomplish. Find a real initate of Vodou and learn from the source. Trust me, theres insider knowledge you will find that way that online articles or books by outsiders just cant hold a candle to.

Oh also the powders youd also have to be initiated in Bizango to be taught about, but theyare not easily made in the US because they take ingredients like the ashes from burned tarantulas, and plants that grow on the island in haiti as well as sometimes human body parts or bones. Basically things much easier acquired there and even then theres a process of activating the mixture at certain power spots down there. But you can look in the basics of spiritual poisoning on a simpler level for other places if thats what interests you.

Thank you for your detailed answer. Yes, I know I must initiated in such groups of Vodou like Bizango. But this is as you say not possible for white people and I shall belive in the religious system, that is difficult too for me as a black magican. Netherthenles I am really interested in Djab-Vodou and maleficeur-working with special herbs and powders. Just for Kiman-powder (it is not poisionious or toxic) I don’t find any exact recipe till now.
What’s about Le Roi Lecife (King Lucifer)? Is he a djab or a lwa?

That would be a grimoir spirit that is not Vodpu or Bizango. Vodou doesnt do the powders (not the real ones) or work with djab other then a few houses that work with a dmall handful but nothing like what Bizango does. Like I said, in your case I would mostly jist recommend looking into Petro if you are confident its something youre called to work with. Idk what your personal goals are beyond that.

Never forget, (and they say this in haiti), “never forget. Giné is not Bizango.”

Sorry, but I don’t understand it whole. I know one who is practicing socalled Djab-Vodou in which Le Roi Lecife is the chief diety, there is also a pot of souls to sacrife him. It is not Petro or another lwa, I don’t know.
I’m looking for the darkest side and blackest magic of Vodou. And besides I’m very interested in herbal lore e.g. to make powders and tinctures for aphrodisiacs and poisions.
You say I shall look in Petro? Could you explain more which lwa and what I shall do, please?

No bokor works with “le roi lucifer”. I just texted my friend who is a Bizango/Makandal initiate and shes never even heard of it. And there is no pot that offerings are given to etc. Whoevers telling you this is lying and those who really do work with Djab dont talk about it. Period.

As for what I said t was basically just get to know tje Perto Lwa if you really feel called to. These types of things you dont just go pick and say “I want to learn the dark secret parts of it”. Youre just not going to. Thats just the way it is.

I understand now what you mean, I have to live this way of Vodou. But how I shall start into it if I don’t know if it is the right way for me without initiating?
The Petro lwa are hot I know, but the Djabs are mor firely, right? Working with Djabs can seen as the LHP in Vodou? Or are there more “darker secrets”?

I just had thought on the topic of voodoo, is there a such a thing called Zombie powder, which is made from one of a ingredient i sore in a witchcraft paper back book 15 years ago, which can create real Zombies by blowing Zombie powder in someones face instead of that drug called Flakker?

The socalled “zombie powder” has more than just one ingredient. It is making by bocors, which are initiated in this rite. The most important ingredients are: globefish, toads skin and following herbs Datura (thorn-apple, “zombie cucumber”), Albizzia Lebbeck seeds,Trichilia Hirta seeds, leaves or the juices of Anacardium Occidentale, Comocladia Glabra, Urera Baccifera, Dalechampia Sandens, Dieffenbachia Sequine, Mucuna Pruriens, human bones powder…

Here is also an antidote to this zombie-powder.
For more detailed consideration you look the books of Davis Wade :wink:

Alchemy might be also a key to magic for self empowerment, could be handy to manufacturer Zombie powder, and other arcane potions.

Lol its funny to see everyone chasing the zombie powder still. Years after davis even. People still havent gotten the hint. Its called a secret lol