Venus and Revenge? Maybe a jealous lover?

I was reading over my copy of The Keys to the Gateways of Magic today when I came across the description of The god-name Tetragrammaton Sabaoth who rules over Venus, it reads
"That is the God of Hosts, his Numeration is Nezah, that is triumph & Victory the Right Column is applied to it, & it signifies the Eternity & Justice of a Revenging God" It goes on to talk about the intelligences of Venus.

This makes it sound as though the planet Venus is all about revenge and not really love. I admit. I have never worked with Venus and I am hoping that someone who has can shed some light on this, as everything else I have read seems to point to Venus being a love planet, not an avenging intelligence.

It’s also about passion and self indulgence both of which go hand in hand with revenge.

[quote=“Orismen, post:1, topic:3257”]I was reading over my copy of The Keys to the Gateways of Magic today when I came across the description of The god-name Tetragrammaton Sabaoth who rules over Venus, it reads
"That is the God of Hosts, his Numeration is Nezah, that is triumph & Victory the Right Column is applied to it, & it signifies the Eternity & Justice of a Revenging God" It goes on to talk about the intelligences of Venus.

This makes it sound as though the planet Venus is all about revenge and not really love. I admit. I have never worked with Venus and I am hoping that someone who has can shed some light on this, as everything else I have read seems to point to Venus being a love planet, not an avenging intelligence.[/quote]

My experience of Netzach is that the ‘vengeance’ is simply an obstacle that is meant to be overcome, and thus learned from. Thus, the victory is achieved.

You grow through experience, sometimes fear, sometimes pain. Thus, Venus is not about ‘love’, per-Se, it’s about growth. The love is as a mother loves a child, watching it grow.

Is that always a ‘pleasant’ experience?

Make of it what you will.

Venus is about passion, whether that passion is for another person, or going to war for a cause. In any situation where a person is passionate about something, they are said to be under the aegis of Venus.

my two cents: Inanna is attributed to Venus. She is some kind of fertility godess but also is godess of war. Look at this part of the exaltation of Inanna writen by a priestess of Nanna:

“Like a dragon you have deposited venom on the land
When you roar at the earth like Thonder, no vegetation can stand up to you.
A flood descending from its mountain,
Oh foremost one, you are the Inanna of heaven and earth!
Raining the fanned fire down upon the nation,
Endowed with me’s by An, lady mounted on a beast,
Who makes decisions at the holy command of An.
You of all the great rites, who can fathom what is yours?”

Edit: It is a very powerful text to use in an evocation of this godess. Just by reading it you can feel the power coming out from this words.

I remember Julius Cesar used to proclaim that he was a descendant of Venus the Goddess, and he was a violent motherfucker. Perhaps it is the passion.

There is a very stern and dominating nightside of Venus that I’ve experienced. See current 182 for such wrathful Venusian energies.

Venus Erycina, a Sicilian import, was promised a temple on the Capitoline in 217 by Fabius Maximus. Venus Erycina was concerned with military matters and prostitutes.