Vegvisir

First, I’m not into Nordic stuff or heathenism. A friend gave me this giant vegvisir tapestry and I liked it so it’s on the wall by my altar. Anyway, I know it’s a “compass” but has anyone who works with this stuff ever considered it a portal? When I look at it, it’s constantly moving and every night when I’m asleep it pulls me in. Transports me to just blackness. I’m fully concious and aware but there’s just nothing. No light, no sound, no form but my own.
received_845187845925870

2 Likes

Looks nice on your wall.
It’s from Galdrabok…
It takes you into an astral place, or what do you mean?

I am of Scandinavian genetics this cycle, have researched alot of things, but I have some information on this from my studies, along with the Galdrabok Grimoire.

It is said that “the wearer of this symbol will not lose his way during storms and bad weather, even if he does not know of his destination”.

Vegvisir, the Galdrabok, is a grimoire, a book of spells which details randomly-compiled spells and provides knowledge about magic, the Germanic gods of the time and cosmology.

When I started my research In the Galdrabok , it is written that this symbol would help its wearer to not get lost and find their way back. According to the Galdrabok , to provide guidance and protection, the Vegvisir should be drawn in blood on a person’s forehead – just like the Viking symbol of protection, the Aegishjalmur, the Helm of Awe would sometimes be.

Archeological findings revealed that the Vikings used a ‘sunstone’, a sun compass of sorts while they sailed around the world from North America to Far East.

While the said sun compass does not look anything like the Vegvisir and/or have such markings on it, it might be the inspiration behind the symbol according to some experts.

Many people confuse the Vegvisir with Aegishjalmr, the helm of awe and terror although the two symbols are quite different from each other.

2 Likes

Legitimately nothingness.
No sound or light or other beings.
I can’t even see myself but I feel me.

Sounds peaceful in the void. Nice place :slight_smile: !

My husband spent years in the void before we met it made him really intune with what is going on spiritually and part of reason why he like me. But he didn’t like all the nothing and is way happier around something.

Right. I like nothing. well, at least you’re having a nice time.

The void is a weird place, there is a practice called Void magick, its pretty interesting, I havnt looked much into it, but I have a ton of books on it.

1 Like

I’ve never been interested in the concept.
In all honesty when I see people talk about “the void” or anything I generally wave it off as someone being edgy. That’s not all “black” magic is. Can’t say too much though or someone will cry that I’m preaching.:roll_eyes:

1 Like

A good way to experience the void is asking your succubus to vamp you so hard that you actually feel the Qabalistic nothingness inside yourself

Yeaah…not into succubi/incubi. Not knocking anyone who is, but I’m okay without.

Honestly, that seems like a pretty shitty way to do so. Not saying you’re bad or anything, just that what you said has a lot of unnecessary risk and opens you up to have bad shit happen to you. And there is a strong chance that it would just not work.

1 Like

Success is my proof and pleasure is as well, but thanks for caring so much about me :heart: I give you this orthodox cross as christmas present :orthodox_cross:

1 Like