Valefar's "energy vampirism" power - any experiences?

Hello, fellow BALG members!

So, there is certain someone I need to moderately fuck up. Not kill, maybe not even maim, but draw some blood and cause some serious pain in their life.

While researching my Demons of Magick book I found Valefar, and one of his powers sounded quite amazing for this job - “To take the energy of those you name, for your benefit and their decline”.

So the question is - had anyone have used this power? How it worked, how much damage was done, how this “taken” energy felt? How long did it last? Any experiences will be welcome!

5 Likes

I was physically distanced from the person by several hundred miles, so I do not know the impact on them. The energy felt like an ongoing, mild adrenaline buzz. I learned the importance of filtering energy, too. During the five days I felt 2-3 “habits” that arose, seemingly out of nowhere. I eventually figured out it “came with the package” so to speak, of vamping energy. This energy came with minimal effort, on my part.

2 Likes

Traditionally Valefar tempts people to steal and is in charge of a good relationship among thieves. Valefar is considered a good familiar by his associates “till they are caught in the trap”.

I think the original source was referring to the theft of material things. Valefar being associated with vampirism is a relatively new concept which is upg. Maybe he can assist you with the theft of life force but he sounds untrustworthy from a traditional point of view.

I never had a need to filter or had a problem with the energy I took. Filtering is also a new concept that became popular in the last few years. All of the old school vampires and grimoires from back in the day never had a use for filtering either.

I think filtering is vampirism with extra steps.

2 Likes

Just after watching his sigil and his magical image, I always tend to take away things if they are left open.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer!

I had my concerns about such “side effects”, yes. Can you please tell how did you filter this energy? I thought about mentioning that energy must come to me in purified, clean form, while stating my request to the demon, can it work, or is some other practice required?

1 Like