Using Psalms from the Bible as Psychic defense

Hello everyone,

As a beginner , I have done research on spiritual cleansing and psychic defense as it seemed to be fair place to start. I recently purchased a book dedicated to teaching relatively easy spells to beginner practitioners on how to defend them selves against baneful magic, and curses (including unwanted vampiric/parasitic entities). I came across a chapter in the book that is entirely about using psalms as a way to sending back bad energy brought on by another practitioner, and defending yourself from elemental spirits and lesser demons. My only issue is that my personal beliefs don’t really align with what is in the Bible. Has anyone tried anything like this? Do I have to be a believer in the Bible to attain results?

Thank you -JC

1 Like

You don’t necessarily need to be a believer in the Bible, but you do need to believe in what you’re saying when you chant the psalm in order to infuse the words with the necessary intention as the words are lifeless until you put energy into them.

3 Likes

Thank you, @DarkestKnight

1 Like

I would say not exactly. There are plenty of magicians who practice suspended disbelief. So, I guess you have to ACT like you believe.

1 Like

As Ayn Rand would say, check your premises. I think it’s especially helpful with questions like this (we all encounter them) because it usually ends in a paradigm shift.

Which is always better than the alternative: cognitive dissonance.

So, a premise is a past conclusion that supports your present thinking. First, what do you mean when you say you don’t believe in the Bible? Do you think it was all made up? Doubtful considering you’re here and how entwined both paths are.

I’ll probably be corrected on this because I’m on my ipad and don’t want to chance losing what I’ve written by going back and checking what was said, but I remember someone saying they wanted to evoke Astarte/Astaroth…but didn’t believe in God.

It’s hard to believe in, evoke, and seek to have a personal relationship with an entity who was, at one time, an angel who actually stood in the presence of the Creator, or was present at creation itself (and apparently loves telling people about the event).

Or is it more they you hold animosity towards the fact a collection of historical accounts written down by some distant tribe of desert dwellers that was meant for survival and spiritual growth was selectively edited to support those in power at the time so they could remain in power and justify everything they did? Or how a message of hope devolved into hundreds of sects all claiming to be the keeper of capital-t Truth, and demand strict adherence to their structure, or else.

I’m not looking to debate or anything. This is just a thought exercise. As @DarkestKnight pointed out with a lot more brevity than I can manage, belief in what you are saying and focusing your intent is the important part. You don’t have to believe in the power structure of the Catholic Church to see that there might be beauty and strength in a Psalm, or feel some powerful emotions well up inside until you feel like you might burst as you recite it.

2 Likes

@Julian97 What book is that?

I was gonna ask the same.