Using names for evocation

How do you evoke spirits using their name? Do you just write their name on a piece of paper and gaze at it? Help would be appreciated.

I’m not sure what you mean? You can’t open a name the same way as you would a sigil.

Just using the name makes you quite likely to get an impostor spirit.

3 Likes

Just resonate the name with vibration from your voice… like the “OM” mantra. When you start to get lost in the name and it just becomes sounds unrecognizable… congrats… you’ve done it. You can also try to make any name a sigil… but results vary.
Using sound was an old way of casting, invoking, and evoking…etc… I personally like mixing methods… breath, voice, posture, thought techniques…
Good luck on your venture!

One more thing I do… I like to project the vibration from my vocals to the smoke/flame, and imagine the being taking form from the sound.

2 Likes

Can I use sigil scribe to make sigils out of the deity’s name?

Honestly, I’ve never used it. I don’t see why not. If it doesn’t feel right, then try creating your own.

I just tested it, I’m not a huge fan of it, If you don’t have a sigil for the spirit I suggest using the rose cross method.
I tested like 4 spirits randomly with the sigil scribe thing and just got a straight line for them. but if you had results with it before then go for it. :slight_smile: