Using Blood During Evocation

So I’m preparing to perform an evocation from Evoking Eternity on Oct 26 or 27th of this month and have been acquiring the necessary tools. However, I’ve come to learn to that either incense (which the method Evoking Eternity uses) or blood can be used as a manifestation base. I’ve also read that blood is actually better than incense. After MUCH searching on the internet I found a website that sells animal blood and I’m wondering if blood is indeed a better manifestation base than incense.

If so, how does one use the blood during evocation? Would I pour it onto a plate or into a blow placed within the Triangle of Manifestation?

Cat, knife, and a nice floor… that will provide you all the blood you need

The cleanup might be a pain.

You can lay black plastic down

EA actually gives a pretty good recipe in … I think The BOA? Or EE, can’t remember. But it’s basically rats blood, moss, and a couple other things. I would go with that one for sure. I think a few drops of your own blood is a good call too.
But yea, plate, bowl, dish, soaked rags on a board - whatever’s clever. I hear semen’s not bad either.
If I can find the recipe tonight, I’ll go ahead and post it. Maybe someone else has it on hand.

@DK/Baphomet: That manifestation base is on the very last page of BOA. The recipe is as follows:
“a combination of sweet, red wine, moss, rat’s blood, and a few drops of my own blood, mixed together and spread on the ground around the outside perimeter of the Circle, or within the Triangle of Manifestation.”

But then again semen is the most fun manifestation base to make :wink:

How much semen would you need? The amount from one sexual activity or a bowl/cup full?

Yeah…I’m a college student and still live at home. A wailing cat due to the fact I stabbed it in my house is sure to bring curious family members to my bedroom door.

Also of blood is used as a manifestation base would I still use incense during the ritual. I heard other than as a manifestation base incense is also used to appease the spirits and some spirits prefer incense.

use your mousetrap for mouse or rat…no yelling and you can spread blood everyplace…put the traps in the alley behind a restaurant and go collect 3 times a day…see how much blood you can collect…lol

Or I could just spend the $20 and order 250ml of blood from that website lol. I’d rather not do the dirty work if someone else has already done and is inexpensively selling the fruits of such a labor.

But the dirty work is half the fun.

To each their own I guess. I prefer not to get my hands dirty. So, is blood a better manifestation base than incense?

I would sooner kill a human than a cat. Cats is good people.

Semen is actually made directly from blood, and some writers like Crowley would use the two words interchangeably (or as a code, it’s contentious). So you have male blood/female blood. The sex magicians all rave about it. Can’t believe I haven’t experimented with it already, actually. Maybe because offering such an essential part of the self poses such a literal and symbolic vulnerability.

I recently read a how-to on Goetic sex magick and evocation and the author - who was definitely LHP and seemed to have a good deal of experience - was quite adamant that the mixture of menstrual blood and semen was mostly poetic and one was just as good as the other. I’m pretty sure he said that the blood/semen of a single practitioner was good enough for evocation, and group work was for “big” projects, the kind of stuff other people resorted to outright sacrifice for. But you could use a group of women, group of men, men and women, whatever. He did talk about “saving” the “elixir” afterward, as it could have many applications. But semen and blood break down very quickly - within the first 90 seconds of leaving the body, so I wouldn’t save up stuff in advance of the ritual, unless maybe you can add an equal measure of fresh material at the time.

[quote=“Sukujin”]Baphomet, if you are talking about www.hemostat.com they look good, worth a try I reckon. I would probably want the whole blood, from an animal appropriate to the spirit if possible, the only thing that I would research before ordering, is which anti-coagulant to use, they offer 3 types and I know nothing about any of them.

Alsevers
Sodium Citrate
or
Heparin

I do think fresher would be better, and I dont know how potent the product would actually be once you get it. They say on their website that the blood has a shelf live of around 14 days but I dont think they are refering to the ‘life energy’ when they say that.

Although I have never used blood I would say that it should be a much more potent manifestation base than incense.[/quote]

Yes that is the site. And yes, it seems the consensus is that blood is indeed more powerful than incense; it does need to be fresh or else it is rendered powerless for evocation.

Okay, so I dug out the book and I misremembered it a bit. His thinking was that the semen WAS the elixir. I think I extrapolated that other stuff from a different author. (I would THINK that if men can do sex magick without women, the reverse would be true as well. Not being a woman, I’ll have to leave that for someone who knows. It certainly seems unlikely that the woman could only play the role of receptacle.) And he didn’t exactly endorse solo work as good enough for evocation and didn’t exactly not endorse it. More research/experimentation is necessary.

Actually, in one of his final interviews, Christopher Hyatt lamented that groups like the OTO had taken a hard step to the political right and were preaching hetero-normative coupling and kicking out people like him who were teaching sex magick as omni-sexual. So “not so long ago” is unfortunately alive and well.

The book is Sex Magick and Goetic Operations and I just found a copy of it here.
Sex Magick and Goetic Operations

I was reading several books along the same line at once so, as I said, I think I mixed in some stuff from other writers, attitudes more than information. He’s more matter-of-fact than what I remember, so that “adamant” guy must’ve been somebody else.

[quote=“Sukujin”]the only thing that I would research before ordering, is which anti-coagulant to use, they offer 3 types and I know nothing about any of them.

Alsevers
Sodium Citrate
or
Heparin

I do think fresher would be better, and I dont know how potent the product would actually be once you get it. They say on their website that the blood has a shelf live of around 14 days but I dont think they are refering to the ‘life energy’ when they say that.[/quote]
I think that sodium citrate would be the worst option if you want to use blood for a ritual. So I would suggest heparin first and then Alsevers solution.

Once, after a microbiology class we were given 5ml of whole animal blood in a small container as a gift for the end of the semester and I used it as an evocation base. I use blood frequently in rituals and I noticed that the animal blood (with Alsevers) was not as potent as my “fresh” blood. Of course it was not that much but still there was a huge difference regarding its potency.
So the conclusion for this is that the blood’s life energy decreases significantly the longer it is kept in storage. Plus the presence of the anticoagulant alters somehow its properties.

Although I have never used blood I would say that it should be a much more potent manifestation base than incense.
Yes, blood works better for me. I've had good manifestations with incense but with blood it has always been somehow... different!

[quote=“Sukujin”]I doubt there is such a thing as ‘fresh’ manstrual blood, its a waste product I think.

I am skeptical of the potency of menstral blood in comparison to regular blood or semen. Menstral blood, once its shed is dead. While it is inutero it is a potent and nourishing substance but once it is in a tampon or pad I think its life force has already been reabsorbed back into the womans body. To my thinking the shedded menstral blood would be as potent as a scab peeled from a sore, magically. Any thoughts on this?[/quote]
Some tissue components in the menstrual blood are waste products but otherwise there aren’t too many “dead things” in it!
Pre-charged menstrual blood with semen (like a mixture) is a very potent combination I believe, much stronger than the combination of semen with “simple” female fluids.
But anything works if you know how to use it properly.

I never had problems doing sex magick alone. Actually I agree with what Sukujin said on this.

[quote author=Sultitan_Itan link=topic=487.msg7529#msg7529 date=1349521319]
“I would sooner kill a human than a cat. Cats is good people.”

I know an assassin that was used by various governments that says basically the same…no problem eliminating humans but cannot off an animal…that individual has more respect for the animal than the human…probably for good reason based on the quality of the human that individual sent to the other side.

Uncle Fester